“Good choice, not that far from Nantahala” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Double HHonors Point
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Franklin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
“Good choice, not that far from Nantahala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here on my way to the Nantahala River the next day. It was close enough so I got there in plenty of time after a scenic drive on slow winding roads. This hotel was clean and the staff was excellent. A good value, I would stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
The 18 mile drive to Highlands is beautiful...I hpoe you stopped at all three waterfalls!

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our little mountain town and that you choose our hotel as your home away from home.

When your travels take you to the mountains again, we’d be honored to have you stay with us again. It was our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service.

Your friend in the Mountains

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Franklin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Needing at least a queen size bed for my wife and I, they offer only full size beds. Was not told this until check in. Plus the bed we did get was terrible and not up to the Hampton Inn standards that we have come to enjoy and rely on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gary Warner:
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. I overheard you at check out speaking with Michaelle the front desk agent who reserved the room for you. Our handicap accessible rooms have full size beds and we always stress this fact during the reservation process. The size of the room and accessible requirements only allow for a full size bed. Our front desk agents are very well trained and always make sure to confirm that the bed size will be comfortable for you. We want to make sure our rooms are able to handle your needs.

When you made the reservation you told Michealle that a full size bed would not be acceptable. You requested a king bed with a view. When you called back you changed the date of arrival and the bed size was not altered. I wish we could have put you closer to the elevator as I understand your legs or knees were the real reason you wanted a handicap room.

In the past we have offered handicap seats for commodes and seats for our shower to be placed in our rooms with a king or queen size beds to better accommodate the guests needs.

If you ever check into a hotel and the room is not to your liking always let the front desk know as we will find you a more suitable room at another hotel if needed and release you from any charges.

Our beds were just purchased little of a year ago and upgraded to Serta Perfect Sleepers which are rotated every three months for ultimate comfort. It is always hard to sleep in a bed that is not your own I understand. I understand your wife slept well but you did not.

When your travels take you to the mountains again, we’d be honored to have you stay with us again. It’s our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service.

Laurie Richards
Hampton Hotel
laurie.richards2@hilton.com
828-369-0600
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My family stayed here over Labor Day Weekend, 2013. The hotel was immaculate and the staff very friendly and helpful. One person deserves special mention and that is Laurie from the front desk. Apparently, I accidentally left my credit card on the front counter and then went out to sightsee. She found the card and taped it to the mirror in our bathroom so that we would notice it first thing upon returning. Her thoughtfulness meant a lot to me. Additionally, she provided some excellent recommendations for great places to eat. Believe me, she was right on the money. We plan to return to the area and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

P. Coonan

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, September 21, 2013

Cameron, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location near a wedding we were attending and were very pleased with all aspects of the stay. The rooms were very quiet and immaculately clean. We would love to come back for a vacation stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

Cartersville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Excellent hotel. Friendly staff that made our stay very special. Very clean, well decorated rooms. The breakfast offered was great. The staff in the dining room was wonderful as well. Convenient location. Very nice town with sweet folks! We would like to have stayed longer and explore the area more. The mountains are breathtaking. Lots of quaint shops and interesting people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

Mooresville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The staff receives an A+ for friendliness and helpfulness! On a Monday evenings, several of the local restaurants are closed, but the front desk staff was able to suggest places for dinner which they knew had great food and remained open.The breakfast staff was as polite and accomodating as you could ask anyone to be. Very clean and quiet rooms, but the best part is waking up in the morning and peeking out the window to see the mountain views. This trip was great because the clouds were hanging below the mountain tops so you could see mountain, clouds and then the peaks of the mountains about the clouds.Great start to a day! This hotel is well off of the highway so there is no traffic noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Such A Beautiful View!!!!

Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Air conditioning that cools hallways, lobby and breakfast areas is broken. It is *81* degrees in the hallway (not kidding!) and very warm in lobby and breakfast areas as well. A/C in room is working hard to keep temperature in the room comfortable. I asked the staff and they said that they are having issues and that they are working to fix the problem. While I understand things fail, this is my second week at this hotel while in town for work and the issue remains unresolved. I wonder if the repair is being delayed due to the fact that seasons are close to changing. I would highly recommend considering another hotel or, at the very least, calling to ask if it has been fixed. Other than the air conditioning, the hotel is one of the nicer options in Franklin.

• Stayed August 2013
There is a Silver Lining!

As general manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from our guests.

Our breakfast area has been moved into our large meeting space which is at a very comfortable 70 degrees so breakfast can be enjoyed without worry.

I know you and I have spoken on this matter on the phone but I do apologize as our 4 ton A/C unit did expire last week. We will be waiting at least 2 weeks for the unit to be replaced as it had to be ordered and a crane has to be secured. For our small town getting a crane is a major endeavor as it will be coming from Charlotte, NC.

I know you have made several reservations throughout the next few months. As promised I will keep you updated.

Thank you again!
Take Care

Been to Hampton Inn Franklin? Share your experiences!