“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Franklin
Douglasville, Georgia
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Worthy of a 4 or 5 star rating. Great breakfast and extremely clean. This is an excellent hotel for business OR leisure travel. The hotel is clean and the inside looks new. There is a lovely fireplace in the lobby and large breakfast area. The room furnishings as well as the bedding is all new and clean. Even the carpet looked new!! I always check the beds themselves for cleanliness (I pull back the sheets and mattress cover), under the beds, behind the beds, and make sure everything else in the room has been dusted before I relax in the room. Everything was great!! We had hot, fresh waffles for breakfast as well as great coffee and bakery items. I was totally impressed. We stayed here before continuing on the next day to Cherokee to gamble at Harrah's. We were less than an hour drive and may in the future just stay here instead of the hotel at the casino. Better service, better value and extremely comfortable. Others are correct in that the hotel is a bit tricky to find, but Google Maps works great for assistance. The hotel sits up on a hill. You can't go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: There is only one elevator at the end of the building closest to the front desk. If you do not want...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
WOW! What can I say but thank you so much for taking the time to let us know you truly enjoyed your stay in our little mountain town.
When your travels take you to the mountains again, we’d be honored to have you stay with us again. It was our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service.

Laurie and the entire team at the Hampton Inn Franklin, NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during the final stretch of our family vacation. The hotel was a tad tricky to find in the dark but once we figured which road to take all was well. The desk clerk that checked us in was very polite and sweet. We had two rooms both double queen rooms and they were very spacious and clean. The hotel loby sort of has a lodge feel to it very warm and inviting. The beds were very comfortable. The only negative we had was for breakfast. The breakfast options were not that great and mostly microwaved items an cereal and fruit cups. The microwaved items seemed a tad mushy when cooked it would have been nice to have items already cooked and set out and a little more variety but for a free breakfast we made do with the cereal and fruit cups. I would recommend this location to anyone traveling through and hopefully will stay again next year.

• Stayed December 2012
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
WE MADE YOUR STAY….YOU MADE OUR DAY...

I’m Laurie Richards, general manager at the Hampton Inn Franklin, NC. Thanks so much for your positive review! There’s something pretty special about our mountain town. I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our community. Next time you’re passing through, our team members will be glad to share even more local flavor with you.

When your travels take you to the mountains again, we’d be honored to have you stay with us again. It’s our pleasure to offer you great Hampton service.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel.

See you next time!
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

When we make our trips to Cullowhee, we generally stay in Cherokee. However, we decided to try a new hotel this time and stayed in Franklin. This is a newer hotel. The staff was awesome...very friendly and helpful. The rooms are awesome....very clean and new. The only drawback to this hotel is the distance from our ultimate location. It wasn't that far from where we wanted to be, but there were hotels much closer that we could have stayed in. This hotel was very comfortable and we would stay again if there were no hotels closer to Cullowhee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Well don’t we feel mighty Special!...Because you felt mighty Special!

Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our little mountain town and that you choose our hotel as your home away from home.

Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Hampton Inn at Franklin is a very nice hotel. The people at the front desk make you feel like you have come to visit in their home. The lobby is very nice (the hot water for the hot chocolate-tea was luke warm, but that was ok.) The room was as the lady at the front desk said "Just a Hampton Inn Room" but it was fine. It was clean. The water had trouble going down in the tub, but that was ok. We only had one issue, but it was a huge issue. Around dinner time several went out to leave the hotel and a truck had gotten stuck coming in to the hotel and had the only entrance/exit to the hotel completely blocked. No one could enter or leave. We had a nice evening planned including a nice dinner and a concert. We finally got a taxi (the hotel says they will reinburse us for the cab ride), but it sure did play havok with our Christmas evening away plans. It took about 2 hours to get the truck moved. What scared me was if there was a medical emergency or if the place caught on fire, there would be nothing anyone could do if it happened again. There really needs to be a second way in and out. I am surprised they have not been required to have it since it sits way up a hill and it is steep getting in and out and when we left this morning it was snowing like crazy. Not the hotels fault, but it was the hotels fault in a way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Well don’t we feel mighty Special!...Because you felt mighty Special!

Thank you so much for the review! I’m so glad you were able to enjoy our little mountain town and that you choose our hotel as your home away from home.

I have to say the truck being stuck in our driveway was a first for me. There was no reason he should have had any issues getting into our parking lot. I can only aplogize as it was completely out of my hands. I had advised Sharon, front desk clerk, to call a taxi for any guests with issues and our fire chief was alerted in the event of any emergency.

If you were one of the two guests that shared a taxi to the show I have already adjusted your room rate or given you Hilton points for the inconvience as we discussed.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Needed a place to stay on the spur of the moment and they were very accomidating. The staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable. They even offered a "goody bag" upon checkout that was VERY nice for our travels further into the mountains the next morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, November 29, 2012

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a great hotel!

Check In - I was greeted by a very nice lady at the front desk. She asked me if I had ever been to Franklin, NC and I told her no. She graciously provided me with a list of restaraunts and a map of the surrounding area. She took the time to point out some highlights which I really appreciated. Once I got to the room, she called to make sure everything was OK. She was so kind. The lobby is very inviting.

Room - The room was really nice. I liked the furniture and the bed was very comfortable. I was on the second floor on the scenic side and the view of the mountains was beautiful. I could lay on my bed and really enjoy the view. I really liked it that there was a device next to the bed where I could plug in my cell phone etc. Many times, I am forced to unplug lamps, etc. This hotel is very well thought out. I was here on vacation but this hotel would be good for business travelers as well. The hotel is really quiet. I didn't wake up early enough for breakfast; however, I really enjoyed the in room coffee.

I will absolutely return to Franklin and this hotel.

The drive between Franklin and Highlands is great. There are three waterfalls that are definitely worth seeing. Also, I took a day trip up to Asheville and went through the Biltmore mansion. Worth the money!

Room Tip: Definitely request a room on the scenic/mountain side. It is beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hamptonhome, General Manager at Hampton Inn Franklin, responded to this review, November 25, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I were passing through on our way to Gatlinburg, had a cabin for the week, we opted to stay at the Hampton Inn, Franklin. I am a Hilton Honors member and do try to stay at Hilton Brand hotels, we walked in to find out that they only had one room left. So excited...the entrance way was beautiful, hotel staff was so kind. Once we got in the room I was even more excited, the room was so nice and clean, very cozy. The breakfast was excellent, could not have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Your friend in the Mountains

Been to Hampton Inn Franklin? Share your experiences!