“only stay here if you are desperate....” 1 of 5 stars

Travelers Inn & Suites Forest City
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Highway 74a, Forest City, NC 28043   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
Shelby, North Carolina, United States
“only stay here if you are desperate....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

towels in room are stained and some were ripped, the air conditioner soaked our floor and they have no other rooms to offer. carpet old and stained. only one ice maker works in the entire hotel. staff had us confused with another guest and POUNDED on our door THREE times saying we owed money. outside garbage cans smell putrid and have bugs in them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
cortland ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

i had booked a room and when arrived they had given it away went to another room and the lights most of them did not work neither did the phone. so they gave me another room..2 lamps did npt work .there was no ironing board or iron..2 lamps did not work one light over bathroom mirror was out..wifi only worked part of the time..and had to put end table out to get to a plug and oh my it had not been cleaned for ages and ages. thick black cob webs ..i left the table out and next day room sevice only pushed table back in with out cleaning. phone well that is a story inits self..they only have so many lines so when there are several people useing the phone you are out of luck. you have to keep trying untill someone hangs up so you can use it..and i was there 2 days and only recieved 3 incomming phone calls..i was there waiting and my phone never rang..they gave me 1 wash cloth one hand towel and one bath towel..in a king size room. i had to go ask for more ..the remote control batteries were dead. and had to be reprogramed.
they advertise they have a pool and they do but it will never be opened for some reason..and if you book a room and have to cancel to bad you have to pay anyway.so so wrong on so many levels..i am ashamed that i have lived in this county for years with a motel of this low scale and falls advertisement.. i now live in ohio and came back to see my grandaughter in the jr. miss padget..couldn't even press my cloths to go..will never ever stay or recommend this place to any one..oh yes had 3 pillows very bad one no pillow case and they never did put one on it the time that is was there..

Room Tip: there are none here trust me i saw 3 different ones
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Forest City hotels

Flagler Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The pictures on the internet of the Travelers Inn and Suites in Forest City, NC is totally deceiving. I recently made a reservation there. I walked in the room and right back out. I made a reservation for a non smokers room. The room wreeked of cigarette smoke and the ceiling was covered in mold. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! It's not healthy. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and understanding when we cancelled and walked out. In my opinion, this place shouldn't even be allowed to be open. We ended up staying at the Holiday Inn Express right down the road. EXCELLENT place to stay. High recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Forest City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Having stayed here for the past 3 weeks I can give this place C+>>however as far as the WIFI internet service I give it a resounding F-Minus! Why this hotel can't compete with the Jameson Inn 1 mile away in wifi is beyond me. If you need hi-speed internet do not stay here. It is no better than dial up!! sucks!!!!!!! but for $49 per night and clean rooms I would recommend this dump hole......

Room Tip: for the value yes......for the wifi go elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Conover, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

By far the worst motel i've ever been in. Looks like the bedding is 50 years old. Unclean, delapidated furniture, 17" television. Wet carpet, filthy. I'm here on business and expected Ramada to be better. Called super 8 2.5 miles down the road then went to take a look. Rooms are clean and the owner quoted me a price $26.00 a nighr cheaper. Really, stay at this Ramada at your your own risk! I swear you'll need a shower when you leave.

• Stayed August 2011
Limestone, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

I read all of the negative reviews and they really put a damper on my trip there. I booked 2 rooms thru Hotwire and you cannot cancel or change your booking. To my surprise, when I got there the rooms were very clean, the mattresses were new, good sized tub with a very nice adjustable showerhead, and the staff were very nice and helpful.

Yes there were a few burn holes in the comforters, but they cannot help what idiot guests do to them, you cannot expect a motel to be able to afford new ones everytime someone messes them up. They were clean and that is what counted in my mind. The motel is an older one, but from the two rooms we had they were well kept.

The continental breakfast was not what we would have called delux, but it was sufficient.

All in all if I were going back to this area, I would not hesitate to stay at this motel. Appearantly the people that rated this place so poorly must be used to the Waldorf or Hilton, because I have paid much more for a much worse motel stay in my days.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Forest City, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

We were having my daughters wedding reception in the meeting room at the Ramada Inn. They did let us go the night before to decorate but as soon as we left they went in and turned the air completely off. We stopped by the next morning to drop off some things and it was so hot and smelling musty again. The reception was at 4:00 on a July afternoon it was so hot from the air being turn off that we never got it cool before guest arrived. We also had to vacuum put dead bugs from the baseboard before we could put out tables. The preacher that performed the ceremony was an out of town guest so we got him a room at the Ramada. They never went in to turn on the air so it would be cool when he arrived... keep in mind this is July. After a couple of hours they had to give him another room because the air wouldn't work. If they know a guest in checking in they should at least turn the air on so it would be cool for them. Do they turn the heat off in the winter and make the guest walk into a cold room? I will never know because I will never do business with Ramada Inn Limited on By Pass 74 again.

• Stayed July 2010

Been to Travelers Inn & Suites Forest City? Share your experiences!