“This hotel has seen its better days.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Stay At Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Stay At Inn to your Saves list
Stay At Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 Commercial Dr., Forest City, NC 28043 (Formerly Quality Inn Forest City)   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Forest City
Wilmington, North Carolina
“This hotel has seen its better days.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel years ago for 4 weeks. The couple that owned the hotel then do not own it now and it shows. As others have said the hotel is not up to the standards of what a quality inn usually is. The room I stayed in had issues (shower head busted, TV reception was fuzzy, etc). I guess next time I'll try the Jameson or Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jamestown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We waited a little too late to book reservations at another motel in the area and wound up staying here. Check in was ok until we found out they had put us on the 2nd floor. We had a lot of stuff to carry in that included a 60 pound guncase.
Evidenlty they are providing lodging for the crews that are working on the Facebook server farm that is being built down the road.
We noticed folks grilling out on the walkway outside their room. These guys were working at the location mentioned above and having to walk by a grill was a little annoying.
The room was non-smoking and it smelled clean and smoke free. Upon further looking we noticed a "fluid" on the bed skirt and on the floor. Not sure what it was but it sure looked bad. My sheets had marks like makeup and the pillows had little tiny black dots on them that almost looked like bed bug type markings.
I checked around the head boards and everything looked ok. The wash cloths were soiled, the towels were thin and tattered and the showerhead needed to be replaced.
The pool was not opened yet and it was warm enough to swim if it had in fact been opened. On Sunday morning we went to the breakfast room and noticed a fellow laying on the couch in the office. He was dead to the world until I walked in the door and then he popped up from a dead sleep and said - checking out?
I made a mistake in waiting too long to make a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express and I paid for it dearly. It is a shame that motels like this have fallen into management by folks that have no clue on how to manage a motel.
I slept good and being on the top floor and on a corner it was quiet for sure. We have another trip planned for July and hope to book a room at the HIE if at all possible or even the Jameson would be better than the QI.....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Forest City hotels

Cherokee, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We arrived late on Friday night for a two night stay. As soon as we walked in the room the smell of cigarettes was overwhelming. As we started unpacking and settling in, my nine year old daughter froz in her tracks and would not sit any of her belongings down on the bed, floor or chair beside her. The floor looked as if it had not been vaccumed in quite some time, micorwave and fridge were covered in dust and grime. bathroom was flithy, tub was disgusting. We checked out the next morning and cut our stay a day short!!! I cant believe that Quality Inn allows this property to keep their franchise!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
So. Cal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Our stay in September was wonderful! Arrived very late, luggage did not, but front desk person was most welcoming and helpful - tried his best to do everything he could to help smooth out the "rough edges" from this stressful experience.

However, the stay in October was about opposite - front desk person (not same as before) was most unpleasant and not welcoming at all. Upholstery of the one armchair in room was filthy; someone had thrown up in the parking lot just outside our door, coffee machine in lobby had all lights blinking as if empty (although we were assured that it would work if we tried), "Free Wi-Fi" did not work as promised. Breakfast foods must never be replenished, as we never did get to the room before all the warm stuff (biscuits and gravy) were gone; even the milk for cereal was not sufficient for two bowls.

I will say, however, that in the evening, when the first gentleman (from previous visit) came back on duty, he was charming, friendly and most apologetic about our problems.

Even though it sounds like a great value for the dollar, my money will go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Quality Inn in Forest City to attend the funeral of a family member. We arrived about 6 pm in the evening, needing to get freshened up and dressed quickly for a family gathering, but our room was not cleaned at that late hour! The housekeeping staff was very helpful and friendly and helped us get ready and on our way. The next morning we tried the continental breakfast, but the waffle batter was empty, and when we used the toaster, it blew a fuse and no one was there to fix it. The staff all seemed to have trouble with the English language. We called the front desk about 10 pm one night with a simple question, and the desk person said he would call back in 1 minute, We called again in 10 minutes, he again said he would call us right back, but after many calls and many promises that he would call us right back, we gave up. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. I would probably stay there again, but be aware of issues.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

The rooms are clean with refrigerators and microwaves, but the setting is a bit scary. The hotel is located in a industrial section surrounded by gloomy buildings. Right now there is a homeless guy in the lobby eating popcorn with the apparent approval of the desk attendant. Compassionate yes, but not appropriate.
Next time I would stay across the highway in the Holiday Inn express if the rates were comparable.
The two 5 star ratings on the site are obviously shills.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

My family and I stayed at thsi hotel for a family funeral. I submitted my card at check-in and it was charged before my family checked out - first problem. I left a day before my family and when my mother attempted to check out using her card the front desk manager told her, "your daughter already authorized payment on her card." My mother thought that sounded weird and when she insisted on paying, they told her it had already been charged to my account. Not only had they charged me, they over charged me! I immediately stopped payment and the jerks charged me again - or should I say, overcharged me! I never signed anything authorizing these charges and am now spending all this time on the phone with my bank clearing it all up! Ridiculous! I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Stay At Inn? Share your experiences!