“Loved the Chateau on the Mountain!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau on the Mountain

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fletcher
Chateau on the Mountain
You added Chateau on the Mountain to your Saves list
1048 Sandy Flat Mountain Road, Fletcher, NC 28732   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Fletcher B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved the Chateau on the Mountain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2006

Chateau on the Mountain was a fantastic surprise. Awaiting us at the top of a long winding driveway was a super 35-mile view of the valley and mountain ranges near Asheville, NC. The house was recently remodeled, and has 6 charming rooms/suites, each with its own theme. The owners (Jeanne and Lee) are very nice and welcoming. The grounds are beautiful, with areas of grass, walking trails, and an outdoor swimming pool. The location of this Bed & Breakfast atop the mountain makes it best suitable for those who want to spend time relaxing in a beautiful environment, and less suitable for those who want to go-and-come several times a day from Asheville and the surrounding areas. However, the place is lovely, & the homemade breakfast in the morning is scrumptious. In fact, the location provides such a lovely atmosphere that my boyfriend proposed to me there... and of course I said yes! We can't wait to return to the Chateau on the Mountain.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

My husband and I were looking for just the right place to celebrate our 1st anniversary. I stumbled upon Chateau on the Mountain on the internet. I gave Lee and Jeanne (the owners) a call and they were absolutely a delight to work with. We booked the Biltmore Room and it was more than I could have imagined! It was a beautiful room that was spacious and cozy. The view from our balcony was breathtaking of the mountains! They arranged for us to have couples massage and for a personal chef to fix us a wonderful dinner that was served in our room. They brought our breakfast to our room as we were looking a bit of privacy on this trip even though it meant several trips up and down the stairs for them! The cost was also very reasonable for what the room offered. I have been to places that I first viewed on the internet first and it was not nearly as nice as pictured but I have to say it was the opposite in this case! The internet did not do it justice as to the size and detail in this room! We will definetly be back!

Rhonda and Anthony
North Carolina

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

The view was amazing, the owners were so friendly and accomadating, the rooms were beautiful, luxurious, comfortable, and extremely well designed for a romantic getaway or just a private retreat! Wish we could have stayed longer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

If you're looking for a wonderful experience, great atmosphere, excellent food and a fantastic view, then register for the Chateau on the Mountain in Fletcher, NC. Lee and Jeanne are attentive to every detail for your visit, whether it be information on shopping, sightseeing or simply taking a break from "Urban Madness". I searched the web for B & B's in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia and could not find one with a better view. We discovered that the view was only exceeded by the quality of the innkeepers and the simple elegance of the Chateau.

Canton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2006

A terrific view, romance galore, mystery weekends, gracious hosts, gourmet breakfasts! What more could anyone ask for in a Bed and Breakfast. The long but beautiful drive up to the top of the mountain is well worth it!

MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2006

We stayed at this place, it is a wonderful and beautiful B&B. Service was great and the Suites & rooms were very beautiful & relaxing.. My husband and I were going to go out and hike. But we decided to stay in and receive spa services in our room. Great time. Best honeymoon, we could have decided to do..
The best 5 days we ever had. Great mountain views and The Host were incredible. Thank you Jeanne & Lee

We will recommend this place to everyone, Look forward on coming back.

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2006

My wife and I have just returned from our trip to the NC mountains. We booked 3 nights at the Chateau On The Mountain, but stayed none because of the drive up and down the new private drive was too scary, especially for my wife. The web site as of 3/13/2006 describes the drive saying "Use caution climbing up the road. The road is narrow but you'll be rewarded with an awesome view." The view was very nice (looking up to the mountain peaks only - the trailer parks in the valley were not). The prospect of driving up and down the mountain for our two other meals was not nice. The one lane drive, steep gade, and a wicked switchback on the large, loose gravel was moore than enough to get my heart rate up each of the two times we climbed the mountain. We currently drive a mini van, but in many ways I don't think our previous vehicle (4wd suberban) would have felt any better because of it's length - the switchback would have been vey tight to miss the ditch to the inside and swinging far enough out to miss the 75degree drop off to the outside. I'm sure if my wife and I had to stay there we could have - but we like our time on vacation to be stress free - and this drive (which I can't imagine making comfortably at all at night) put us over the top. The innkeepers seem to know there is a problem and said they will be paving the road soon. We were greeted by a water bottle on the front stair as we entered, but we toured the Chateau and the rest of it looked clean and comfortable. The sunset veiw, as we left prematurely, was indeed beautiful.

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Chateau on the Mountain? Share your experiences!