“family style hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“family style hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times since my kids race motorcross at the ag center (only half of a mile away). The rooms are fairly large, clean, with refrigerator, microwave, and comfy beds. The front desk is very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. They always make it possible for me to get a room in the area of the hotel I like best as well as early check-in. The included breakfast is better than the usual continental breakfast at similarly priced hotels; it has my favorite, a waffle making machine, also fruit, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, and much more. The rooms are incredibly clean and well put together; our last stay at the hotel they had started to remodel which I am looking foward to seeing the finish product. The hotel is very close to mutliple restaurants (the best of which is a locally owned mexican restaurant right across the street), the airport, shopping, and convient to the interstate. This is a great family friendly hotel that is cozy and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dipti P, Manager at Comfort Inn Asheville Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank You. We will finish our renovation by end of March.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. First time I had tried this Comfort Inn in years, I think. The place is clean and quiet, despite the proximity to the AVL Airport. Beds had upgraded linens and the room was clean. Couple of things disappoint, though: First, there is no fitness room. Y'know? That ought to be a given for a mid-range hotel like Comfort Inns. But the real deal-killer is the Internet server at the hotel or internet service provider. The server is real slow. I use the ability to run Netflix with few, if any, buffering waiting as my yardstick for satisfactory Internet service. This hotel bills their Internet Service as "High Speed". Well, that is just not true. It can be fine for a few minutes, then it virtually stops. Also, I could not for the life of me send emails outgoing. No problem receiving emails, but I tried toggling every setting in Windows Live Mail on and off in different combinations and never, NEVER got an email to leave the premesis. That's a PITA, right? They ought to fix that.
Other items: Breakfast was typical Choice Hotels fare, and about as expected. Young lady behind the counter was friendly and relatively efficient, but failed to recognize my Choice Priviledges DIAMOND level and offer an upgrade. No big deal, though.
Probably will not use this hotel again, unless others are booked or jacking rates up.

Room Tip: Appears all rooms are about the same. This is a fairly quiet location.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Limestone, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for two years. Everytime I come to this area this is where I stay. I will not return here ever again. In comparison to other hotels nearby, prices are the same. The hotel is clean. The king size mattress needs to be replaced, sagges in the middle. This location was suppose to have been remodeled in 2012. I think it was a partial job. There were some noisy people this time. That is not the hotels fault. Every October when I come I request early checkin, and every time I have been happily greeted until today. I will call him SIR LEON. He is the worst hotel employee I have ever had to deal with. In Past the hotel would call me to let me know when my room was ready. He told me I could not check in early. Then when it was time to checkin he was rude again. Looks like he is in pain. Every word out of his mouth was short and snide. He failed to inform me about checkout time, breakfast, and my room location. He would only give me one key to the room. The lady that worked the night shift was wonderful with everyone she checked in. Sir Leon makes this place a deal breaker for me.

Room Tip: The double beds are really small, there is only room for one person in these beds. I would not choos...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I usually stay at Marriott properties for obvious reasons (cleanliness, quiet, professional), but the Fairfield down the street is getting proud of itself and was almost double the price of Comfort. So, I decided to give Comfort a try. Note to all Marriott customers, be forewarned: lower your expectations before you step inside - it doesn't have the polish of a Fairfield or Courtyard. I arrived after 8pm, and there were construction guys outside talking loudly but not disruptive. The lobby is a bit dingy, the receptionist was a nice guy, but not what you would call on the fast track to management material. However, I had two questions: is the room clean and is it quiet. Fortunately, I can say the room was clean, did not smell, and despite being right next to a busy road was quiet anough for me to get a good night's sleep. So, there you go. Hope this helps.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

First let me say I had no problem with the property, per-se. My room was spacious and clean. The appointments were updated and well maintained. Good shower and wi-fi signal. The mattress needed replacing. It sagged in the middle but that was not a deal-breaker for me.
The problem was with Leon at the front desk. I had never been treated rudely at a choice hotel and I stay with this chain an average of 80 nights a year. Well I can't say that anymore. Leon is not just rude he is a little bit scary. I would call and see if he has been replaced before staying here. I certainly will. Yes, it was that bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice within 5 weeks. Each time I arrived before check in time. They were professional, friendly, accommodating and quickly checked me in. I had a couple of extra needs in my reservation which they easily took care of as I checked in.
Their continental breakfast is more than I've ever seen in comparable hotels. Everything is fresh, what should be cold is, same for the hot food. The waffle iron was an new thing for me! They continually keep it stocked and clean. The free WiFi is a nice extra and the room is comfortable, clean and all that one would need.

Room Tip: Both times I didn't have a problem with any noise outside. It's far enough from a busy road...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here the night before an early morning flight. We arrived an hour prior to check in (3:00) but the front desk clerk made it all happen as our room was not ready. He was very pleasant and efficient. I was a touch wary of staying here due to some poor comments but my fears were relieved once we got to our room. It was spotless, made up perfectly and everything was in order.

The only real downside was the TV listings changed from the time they printed the guide and we could not find the on air listings. Took quite a while to find something worth watching.

Did not have breakfast as we left at 4 AM. But they did have fresh coffee both when we arrived and on our departure. I really have no negative comments other than the TV listings. The room was quiet (even though the hotel was rather full), and everything was as it should be.

If we have another early morning flight I plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side so you don't here any road noise. Our room was on the back side...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Asheville Airport? Share your experiences!