“Easy choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
CT
“Easy choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our second stay at the Hampton Inn and we will definitely come back whenever we come to visit our family in Fletcher/Asheville area. We stayed for 4 nights over the Labor Day holiday weekend and it's incredibly convenient as we were able to fly into the Asheville airport. For us this hotel is super close to our family and the airport, but we went into Asheville, to Hendersonville for the Apple Festival, etc., and it was all very convenient.

It's nice that the hotel is sort of tucked back off the main road. Was also pleasantly surprised to find that Ruby Tuesday's next door was open til midnight on weekends so we were able to stop in for a drink before heading to bed one night.

Nice clean room with a comfortable bed, gym was good, breakfast was good though it's a bit of a madhouse at 8am. Early check-in went smoothly. I had only one minor complaint - the cleaning crew started fairly early(around 7:30 or 8 maybe?) and the halls were a bit noisy in the morning. We had our privacy sign on the door, removed it at about 9 but the room was not serviced all day. Not a big deal for me and my husband as we don't really make a mess. We will come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Your feedback is truly valuable to me and my staff. I am so glad to hear that you were able to visit some of the historic places we have here in our area. I do apologize for the noise you experienced in the mornings and that we did not get to clean your room in a timely manner. I will certainly address these issues to ensure it does not happen again. I certainly hope that you were not inconvenienced in any way. Thank you again for sharing your comments, I look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We booked a 1 bedroom suite (with 2 queens) for our overnight stay while on the way to Myrtle Beach. We wanted a seperate sleeping area for the kids. This room was perfect. Very spacious and very clean. The hotel staff were all friendly. The breakfast in the morning was great for us. They had all kinds of fruit, yogurt, cereal, juices, waffle maker, sausage and biscuits and pancakes. The outdoor pool was nice, as was the hot tub area. The lobby area was beautiful. There were also plenty of dinner choices around that same exit. We plan on staying again next year on our way to the beach! Perfect hotel for a traveling family. I will say that it was a bit expensive, but I feel you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. I am so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our luxurious suites. We strive daily to ensure that our guests have friendly service and clean, comfortable rooms and surroundings. I truly appreciate your comments and will most definitely share them with my entire staff. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we offer here at the hotel. I look forward to having you and your family stay with us again next year.
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I had booked my room months in advance (one room suite with 1king bed and a separate living room/kitchenette) . Tried to check in and the only room availble in this format was the handicap room. Ok fine the front desk staff and the manager were both pleasant and explained that the room was bigger (she even took me up to see the room). The room was large, however could not go to sleep because the AC was so loud when it came on. Sounded like a train was coming into the room and once it was on it made this awful humming noise. I turned it off and tried to use the ceiling fan. Bad move, I thought the thing was going to fall from the ceiling.So about 2 a.m. I went to the front desk. She stated she could call the repair man, but it would take about an hour for him to come. I think the rapair came when my family and I were out. However his idea of fixing the AC and the ceiling fan was to leave the AC in on mode and turning the ceiling fan to a lower setting. Some of the electrical plugs did not work in the room either. This was room 525. I will chop this up to I just got a bad room. However I will try another hotel, the next time I visit Asheville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am terribly sorry that you were not happy with your room. I do apologize that the issues you encountered were not handled properly and to your satisfaction. We certainly strive to ensure that all of guests are satisfied during their stay and I am sorry that we fell short. I am glad that we were able to stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and offer that to you due to the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay. I truly hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future. We would certainly like the opportunity to have you as our guest again. Your feedback is vital to our success because it allows us to better serve you as well as our other guests. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Roswell, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I booked a one room suite (1 room with 2 Queen beds and a separate living room/kitchenette) for a short stay while visiting family in nearby Mills River. Though the property is directly off the interstate, there's enough trees to keep the noise out and the property itself is tucked comfortably off the road making it feel like you had a bit more privacy than normal.

The Hotel
The beds were decently comfortable and the room well kept. The full-sized refrigerator, microwave and dual burner stove were a great addition when you're trying to keep three kids happy. And the fact that both rooms had a TV was also nice. The furniture was nothing to write home about and while everything was certainly serviceable and well-kept, you got the feeling it had all seen better days was ready for an update.
My only real complaint about the room was the extremely loud A/C that took a bit of getting used to and just the random strange noises in the wall that sounded like really loud water pipes hissing right above your head as you slept. All in all though, not bad. The bathroom included a large whirlpool tub, but I'm a bit phobic about those things and frankly, with three kids...who has time for that. Though, the kids DID use it and thought it was cool!
There is a pool and a small hot tub but we didn't use either, so I can't review that.

The morning breakfast was decently diverse, though by day two I was ready for something more. There are a variety of bread products (muffins, bagels, english muffins) hot and cold cereals, some pancakes and pre-made breakfast sandwiches you could heat up (my kids said the pancakes were good) and some waffle batter you could use to make yourself waffles (though both my wife and I agree it tasted a little "off").

As for the area, there are several restaurants within a half-mile drive (Ruby Tuesday, Chilis, Longhorn Steakhouse, etc.) as well as a mini-Super Target for groceries and sundry items.

So all in all, it's a good place to call your basecamp for a couple of days. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I was able to pay ahead for the room (non-refundable) and saved a good bit of money.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review. I truly appreciate your comments and I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We have some exciting changes coming this fall. We will begin serving a breakfast which will include items such as sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. which will allow are guests to have more of a variety. The lobby and the breakfast area will be getting a new look and we will complete that by the end of the year. We are looking forward to upcoming renovations on all of our rooms. Thank you so much for your feedback. I have certainly had our maintenance department take a look at the issue regarding the air conditioning unit. I do hope that you and your family will come back and stay with us again. I truly appreciate your business and we love having you here as our guests.
Lanett, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed one night and really enjoyed our stay. The front desk attendants were friendly and efficient and the lobby was beautifully appointed. We enjoyed the hot tub inside off of the small work-out area but there was also a hot tub outside next to the pool. Clean towels were available right next to the hot tub/pool area.

Our room was spacious with plenty of space for the four of us. We had two double beds that were very comfortable. They supplied a hair dryer and iron. I would have enjoyed more access to electrical plugs for charging electronic devices and spreading out to style hair, etc. The air conditioning worked very well to keep us cool on this hot July weekend.

After a comfortable night's sleep, we were treated to a breakfast in the lobby. The selection was varied and delicious.

The hotel was located close to the Asheville airport and only a little drive to downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our some of our wonderful amenities. We want all of our guests to feel right home from the minute they walk through the door. I hope that you will come back and visit us in the near future. I truly appreciate your business and thank you again for your kind words.
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here 1 night while moving our Daughter in law and kids back to South Carolina from Tennessee when my son came back from deployment. Our departure from home was delayed so we needed a convenient place for an over-night. Convenience is a very descriptive word for this hotel. I agree to earlier reviews that this hotel is very comfortable and apealing and we enjoyed the location right off the freeway. There are lots of eating establishments close by and the breakfast was sufficient for our family.
There was plenty of free well-lit parking with roving security and we found room for the rental truck with no problem.

I can't speak to many of the amenities but what I saw was clean, comfortable and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially in the breakfast room. I used points for payment and this stay took 35,000 points which is a little high but the stay was just what we needed. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Higher floors are usually quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that when you return you will get to enjoy more of the amenities we offer. We have an indoor whirlpool and sauna as well as an outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool. We also have an indoor fitness center that provides state of the art equipment. We strive daily to ensure that are guests are made to feel welcome from the time they walk through the doors. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Brookville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This Hampton Inn is far above the usual large-chain-hotel experience in our eyes! The lobby is gorgeous with rich wood furnishings and accents. It feels elegant yet is very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast is full of choices to give us a good start each morning which is saving us money. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating in all regards. There are locked safe deposit boxes at the registration desk for your valuables which is very handy. Yes, there is the usual desktop computer in the lobby for guest use but printing off it is free which is a first for us... very handy when you need directions somewhere and don't have a GPS device! All areas of the hotel are spotless and well appointed. The most delightful surprise is our room. We booked a king-size suite with accessibility because I have some health issues and walk with a cane. The suite is the size of a large apartment, complete with a full size living room and a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher, breakfast bar and full size refrigerator. There are even dishes and silverware in the cabinets. The bedroom is HUGE! Two flat panel TV's, two phones, recliner chair, ottoman... we have it all! Since we are staying 6 nights, we did not want to bump into each other all week. You could not feel cramped in this space if you tried. And we didn't spend a dime more for this "apartment" than a regular room with a king bed. Amazing! We are comfortable, happy and feeling a bit like royalty. Our suite is on the fifth floor - there are great views of the mountains from our windows. Since it is an end unit, we basically have our own hallway which is ultra quiet. Housekeeping has been wonderful with supplies. The only downfall to our stay is the whirlpool tub which I did not want and specifically asked NOT to have when I made the registration. The sides are perhaps two feet tall with a sloping wall which is quite scary for a semi-disabled person. My husband has to help me climp into it and also reach the shower wand which is too tall for such a deep tub. But I am willing to live with this one flaw in order to enjoy the three-room space we have with every amenity! We will definitely stay in this Hampton Inn again when we come back to the Asheville area. It is centered between Asheville and Hendersonville with lots of shops and restaurants in easy driving distance. It is easily one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Book a room on the fifth floor for the serenity and the views. Get a king-size suite for extra space...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sharon D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am so glad to here that you were able to experience one of our luxurious suties as well as some of the amenities that we offer here. I love to read that you felt a bit like "royalty". We strive daily to ensure that all of our guests feel right at home from the minute they walk through the door. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I will certainly share your comments with my staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville-I-26? Share your experiences!