“Do not stay at this hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Cedar Creek Rd, Exit 49 off I-95, Fayetteville, NC 28302   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 49 hotels in Fayetteville
Florida
“Do not stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

When I checked into the hotel and went to the room the room was dirty, I found hair in the bathroom along with mold in the shower. The thing that really upset me was finding dog droppings on the carpet, how could the housekeeping staff miss that????. When I addressed the issues with the front desk, I got the feeling that they really did not care. When I asked for the manager I was told that she was busy.
I have stayed at the hotel before and had problems that time to, I will never stay again. BEWARE.......

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

This hotel advertises itself as a pet friendly hotel but here's what happened when we arrived with our pet. I had a confirmed pre-paid reservation. As a result of heavy traffic, we arrived at 10 p.m. When I tried to check in, the clerk asked me to sign a form indicating that I did not have a pet. I said that I couldn't do that because I had a pet with me and the reason I made the reservation was that it was a pet-friendly hotel. They said that it was but that they didn't have any pet-friendly rooms available. They could give me a room but I would have to pay a $150 cleaning fee. They refused to honor my reservation and refused to refund my money. I am still in a dispute over a refund. So beware pet owners!!!!!

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

For our drive-vacation up & down the East Coast, and after checking out at the inhumanely aweful Motel 6 down the street shortly after checking in... we figured, well, $99/night has to be better... and we needed sleep to start the drive again early AM. Wrong! Though the room was physically "cleaner" than Motel 6, the terribly strong odor of vomit filled the room immediately upon entry. There was a large vomit spot just outside the door too! It was so bad that we were about to vomit if we didn't leave soon! At by this time, around 1:30AM, we checked out...again. We headed to Red Roof Inn for some much needed sleep for 3 hours & a shower. Maybe this is a hit or miss thing... not sure. The receptionist was semi-sarcastic, stating that if she knew the room smelled like vomit, she wouldn't have given it to us. Take your chances if you go here...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Portland, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

Ended up here by default when traveling and had a car issue...thus, picked this hotel at random from a list of area accomodations pulled up by my GPS.

The staff was wonderfully accomodating despite the fact that I checked in late and needed a late check-out the following morning. When I arrived there was a problem w/ the room key cards that management was working to remedy; because of the inconvenience I was given free drink vouchers (to be used at the restaurant attached to the hotel), and a voucher for the breakfast buffet the following morning (normally a $9.99 pricetag). There was a Ruby Tuesday w/ an excellent salad bar right next door to the hotel and they serve full menu until 11pm which was perfect since the hotel restaurant closed at 10pm (the bar stays open until 11pm though...).

Although the pool was closed during my stay (necessary repair) there was free wi-fi in the rooms and logging into the Holiday Inn network was a breeze. Good sized fridge and microwave in the room as well. Bed was very comfortable-pillowtop mattress and soft, clean sheets w/ TONS of pillows!

The only "bad" things I would mention is that the heater/blower in the room was kind of loud (although it worked VERY well), and the in-room coffee is AWFUL (had to dump it out-yuck!).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel! I had a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

We stayed here as we wer traveling and the hotel was great. We choose this hotel because it was right off the highway. They have an indoor pool and a restaurant on site. My kids were able to swim and, also, able to eat without leaving the hotel. The food in the restaurant was wonderful. The portions were a good size and the food was flavored so well. It was not like most hotel food. An added bonus was the staff. Every staff member made it a point to speak and answer any questions that I had. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling on I-95. If you stop in NC, this is the hotel you are going to want to stay at.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Very nice hotel and room. We'll stay here again when traveling to Florida.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

We first stayed in July on a drive north from Florida on I-95. Based on that previous experience, I specifically choose this hotel again during another trip in September. It is convenient to Interstate 95 without being affected by road noise. In July, I had a first-floor room with an entrance off the parking lot plus an interior hallway entrance. That room was clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. In September, I had a second-floor room with a view of the nice interior courtyard. The second room was more pleasant because of the courtyard view--better overall value. Note no elevator is available.

The included breakfast buffet was well stocked on both visits with eggs, breakfast meats, cereals, etc., and comes with coffee. The breakfast was above average overall compared to the about 50 mid-range hotels I have stayed in around the country during the past five years. The omelette station is the best feature. The breakfast does not include juice, though for about $6, you can get a carafe of orange juice that provides at least 3 servings.

This particular hotel evidently offers one of the larger conference facilities in the Fayetteville area. The public areas are spacious and nicely appointed. During my visits, large events were occuring, but the level of service at the desk and in the restaurant still was good.

One reason I choose Fayetteville to stop over on my second trip was my recollection of a good meal I had on my first trip. If you like micro-breweries, try the Huske Hardware House restaurant/brewery at 405 Hay St. in downtown Fayetteville. But go to another restaurant if you do not like sports bars with numerous large-screen TVs showing different events (with muted sound). The patrons at the HHH tend to be youthful (appearing mostly to be a college crowd), but the place has good food, very good beer, good service, and is not particularly noisy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South? Share your experiences!