“It Could Have Been Better...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South

You added Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Cedar Creek Rd, Exit 49 off I-95, Fayetteville, NC 28302   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Kingston, Canada
“It Could Have Been Better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were coming off of a 14 hour day drive and needed some food and sleep. Working in the hotel business I know what to look for when staying in a hotel. It was a Saturday so I can understand the price was a little higher then what I was hoping. We ended up in a standard room with two double beds because that was all they had. The room was cold when we arrived but I figured out the heat immediately. It had clean sheets and a good tv, mini fridge etc. The room had not been vacuumed though, the fridge had cheese in the bottom of it, it almost looked as though someone had checked into the room and either switched rooms or checked out. I would likely not stay here again, not at the price. I'd like to say though the restaurant Manager was amazing. We ended up waiting over 40 minutes for a pizza and pasta in a less then busy time, but everyone was very polite and we were comped one of our meals which was appreciated. The place is starting to look a little dated, but all in all it is what it is.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
We apologize that your room was not up to par, but are glad that are staff was able to take care of you! We hope you will come check us out again. There are also lower prices for booking in advance, so this may be a cheaper option for you! We appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Stirling, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling south from Canada on I95 when we got caught in the huge snow storm. Luckily we had winter tires on as cars around us kept sliding off. We had a voucher for the Holiday Inn and managed to get off the ramp and into the hotel. We ended up with a very nice suite. The place was a bit chaotic as nowhere else in the area was serving food and most of the kitchen and wait staff couldn't get in, but everyone got on with it and, all things considered, did a great job. We're very glad it was there for us that night.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to get out of the weather! We hope you decide to stay with us again on your trip back north.
SE VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here again, Feb 2014, and did not have quite the same experience. Slow check-in and the room wasn't ready and it was 5:30 PM! We were very tired after driving almost 8 hours on I-95 in heavy traffic and all we wanted was to rest and relax. We had requested a particular room, so guess that was part of the problem?? Hector, at the Front Desk, went up and checked the room personally and informed us they were waiting for the sheets to come out of the dryer! We went to the room anyway to put our stuff in, and met Paula in Housekeeping. She was wonderful! Did a divine job on the bedding and had an amazing "can-do" attitude. Alas, we were finally in room around 6:15 PM. Ate in their restaurant which was OK. Finally, back to room for a good night's rest. This was not to be. HVAC cycled on and off with a very loud vibration each cycle. The unit appeared to be new, but we couldn't stop the rattle. The bed was so comfortable it was a shame that the unit kept us from getting a restful sleep.
This is still a nice property considering it's just off I-95, but now showing some wear and tear. I would stay here again, but would check the HVAC first. BTW, they had only 10 rooms left and they have around 200 guest rooms. Great free breakfast!

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd floor where there is a Quiet Zone.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased that you decided to stay at our hotel again. We apologize for the delay in check in, we had bad weather in the area, and everyone decided to check out late, in turn causing a delay in cleaning the rooms. We are glad that Hector and Paula were able to take care of you though. We will also have our maintenance person address the issue with the Heater noise. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we hope this doesn't deter you from coming again.
California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here to (Jan 2014) and from (Feb 2014) Florida. Very easy to get to from Interstate I-95, but shielded from heavy traffic. Comfortable beds. We also ate in their restaurant both times, and meals were very good. Staff was very friendly. Will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We are glad we were able to accommodate you and your pet. We are pleased you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the hospitality and good food in the restaurant. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

For a nice looking hotel the housekeeping is questionable. Stayed here for two nights. Upon returning from a day of business, my room keys did not work, my room was not vacuumed, bed was not made (I partially made the bed myself before leaving), or coffee service replenished. I knew housekeeping came by because the trash was emptied and there were fresh towels.

To add to my experience, both beds squeaked and was not the standard HI quality.

All the staff was very nice and professional, but no excuse for sub-standard housekeeping. The general condition of the facility was good and the room was clean.

Oh, by the way, do not eat at the Baron restaurant. The service was very slow and the salmon was as tasty as shoe leather.

Room Tip: I'll might give these guys another try when I'm back in town if nothing else is available, o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
We appreciate your feedback about your experience at our hotel. We apologize that the housekeeping was less than satisfactory. We will address this matter with our staff so that it can be corrected in the future. We hope that you will come back and give us another try.
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

First and foremost being sent to 2 dirty and I mean filthy rooms with my family was a bad start. Being just off 95 the location and amenities are great. However we used points being platinum elite members with ihg we expected to have a consistent visit with all our other Holiday Inns visited. The first impression moved this visit down. If it hadn't been so late and 2 little tired kids I would have left after the second dirty room.

• Stayed February 2014
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
We apologize for the inconvenience, there must have been a glitch in our system. We hope that you will come back and give us another try.
Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We usually do not stay in the large HI properties but this was during a major snow and ice storm and we had to get off Route 95. Trees were falling, cars were sliding everywhere and the road (Route 95) was not plowed (???!!!!). We noticed as we pulled in that all of the restaurants surrounding the hotel were closed because of the storm....HI restaurant was open!!! We were welcomed by very personable front desk staff and as a IHG member we were upgraded to a suite that was large, clean and comfortable. We were safe and had food/drinks available and that was a good thing. We went to the bar and settled in for a long night. The staff advised us that there would be a wait for our food and that was fine with us. Right after sitting down we saw the line growing to get into the restaurant. Boy, did that staff move....it was hard keeping up but they did with a smile. Our meals were good (fried pork chops) and the beer and wine kept flowing. We really choose the right location for what could have been a disaster evening. I could not say enough positive remarks for this property and it is one that I would return to in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that our staff was able to make you feel comfortable in such a busy/disastrous time. Thank you for being patient with us in the restaurant, as Im sure you saw we were the only restaurant open in that area. We are pleased are staff was able to accommodate you accordingly and with a smile through the bad weather. We hope you will choose to stay with us again if you are this way!

Been to Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South? Share your experiences!