“Needs a makeover in the worst way!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Cedar Creek Rd, Exit 49 off I-95, Fayetteville, NC 28302   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Edison, NJ
“Needs a makeover in the worst way!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have stayed in this motel for many years. We use them for a week at Thanksgiving and 2 suites for a week around Fathers' Day. They have some potentially nice suites on the 2nd floor but the furniture has never been updated. The couches are uncomfortable. The ice bucket stuck to the tray it was on. The TV gets bad recieption. The tables in the dining room are permanently sticky around the edges. (Really! We asked to wipe them off and were told that by the waitress!) It may not be as bad as poor, but it sure isn't up to "average." The one advantage it has besides the location is the indoor swimming pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear richjh,

Thank you for your feedback. Your willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. We are glad to read you found our location convenient. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The list of problems were long:

We reserved a King Suite, and the room and key we were assigned had the door wide open upon arrival and the room was not clean, bed unmade. We had to return to the desk to get a new room.

Bedding was not provided for the pullout sofa. When you arrive late (or even show multiple guests for a reservation) you should have bedding ready as you don't want to wait on it from housekeeping.

There was a constant drip in the bathroom from the ceiling into the shower. I had to report it to maintenance.

Under the sofa bed was dirty. Food (goldfish crackers).

The wifi connection was poor. It might have been better for other room locations. Ours was down a long wing.

Carpet stains.

The pillows are too short. They're like decorative pillows, not the size you'd expect to sleep on.

The docking stations for iphones were a tease....as they didn't even charge your phone.

Not enough towels were provided for a party of 3. I wasn't going to waste my time calling for more.

Finally, they were repaving the parking area...so it's nice that it was being maintained, but I just drew the short straw on it affecting the available parking for my stay.

On the good side:
They had nice flat screen TVs in the room (two).
The staff at breakfast was very attentive and friendly.
There's some attention to cleaning, as someone was scrubbing the brass trim along the carpet in the lobby. I wish the rooms would get more attention like this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear minortj,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am pleased you found our breakfast staff very attentive and friendly. I am also delighted you enjoyed our in-room flat screen TVs. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret the room you received did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very clean and spacious rooms! Friendly staff and right off I 95. Stayed over night while traveling from Norfolk to Jacksonville FL. Nice size pool for kids! Beware of the restaurant inside hotel. (barons) There food was really gross. The waitress was friendly but the food tasted like they microwaved a TV dinner. I recommend going to Ruby Tuesdays that is steps away from the hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Its very unusual to hear about the restaurant. We hope you will come again and give them another try.
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our 4th visit on the way to Hilton Head from DC - with the dog! Great price for a fine room, room service and good breakfast, excellent service all around. Right off I 95 for easy on and go. Yes, we will continue to overnight here to be sure!

Room Tip: Priority members get free water and cooked, buffet breakfast with omelet or eggs chef.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
clc023, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are so pleased to see you are still choosing to stay at our hotel! Its great to know that we have such loyal guests, and that you enjoy our hotel so well! See you again soon!
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I arrived a little late and were worried that our reservation might somehow be confused. Not to worry; within 10 minutes of arriving we were in our room and completely comfortable. As usual I will write this with Pros, Cons, and a Summary.

Pros:
This property has literally everything right on site. From a full service bar to a restaurant, fitness center, and indoor pool there is little need to travel elsewhere once you arrive. The room was cool, quiet, and comfortable. The bed was soft and the TV had every channel known to man. The location was perfect for us; literally right off of I-95. Could not have been any easier to get into and out of. Each and every staff member encountered was professional, courteous, and friendly. The stay included a full breakfast and our waitress even made me a custom glass of chocolate milk. This along with a custom omelette, this only added to the value of our stay. The shower head was amazing; a brand new massage unit that had several settings and washed away 7 hours of road stress.

Cons:
There are none. This property is clearly well managed and well maintained. I would stay here again without any hesitation and whole heartedly recommend it to others.

Summary:
What an amazing value! This will most definitely be my targeted destination should I ever have to make this drive again. (Maryland to Florida and back)

Room Tip: Ask for room 1015 - great location away from the hussle bussle of the rest of the hotel guest. Nice...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a great review! We love hearing such great things about our hotel from guests! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you return again soon!
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the staff is very helpful and polite to all of the guests constantly greeting you and welcoming you into the hotel. The check in process was very smooth even though it was about 11 at night. The area around the hotel was also quite nice, and the pool seemed clean. The next morning we went to breakfast that we were provided passes for. They also included a free orange juice however I was surprised to know that it costs extra however we did get the pass that made it free so that was alright with us. The server at the breakfast area was wonderful, and very accommodating. The selection and variety in the breakfast was amazing and we were definitely full for at least half the day after breakfast. Overall this was a wonderful experience with Holiday Inn and I would have no doubt or problem with coming back to this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a good room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are pleased that we were able to accommodate all of your needs. We hope you choose to stay with us again.
Boca Raton Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Twice a year my wife and I drive between Florida and New York. We stopped at the Holiday Inn just off I 95 in Fayetteville North Carolina. It is about the halfway point of our trip. We were pleasfantly surprised to see a great hotel with terrific people checking us in, handling our luggage and being courteous and professional. We loved the full breakfast in the morning. Great deal for the very reasonable price that we paid. We will let many of our friends know, who also do this same trip, twice yearly. Also, our pet dog was treated very well by the hotel employees..

Room Tip: If you're travelling with a pet, just let them know in advance
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thanks for choosing our hotel for your halfway stopping point. You and your pets are always welcome and we hope to see you on the way back!

Been to Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South? Share your experiences!