“Not a Bad Place to Stay...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Cedar Creek Rd, Exit 49 off I-95, Fayetteville, NC 28302   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Greenwood, Indiana
“Not a Bad Place to Stay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

But relatively expensive for a small town on I95! It also irked me a bit that there was no info book in the room, so I kept calling the front desk to find out about hotel amenities. The buffet breakfast was good if you go early, but if you go late (I went at 10am on a weekday - serve till 1030) the staff seems more interested in closing than customer service. Rooms are large, clean, and the hallway seemed cavernous. Overall, average place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Im please to hear you enjoyed your stay, we do have hotel information booklets but they are in the drawer underneath the TV should you ever stay again and need the information. We are glad to hear your complements on the breakfast, but we will forward your comments on the staf to the manager. WE hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were driving from Florida to Canada and were looking for a hotel. My priority reward points came in handy. Hotel is big, with very long corridors that will keep you walking there by keeping you fit. Bed was so nice and also provided very good support for my body and I had a very good sleep. Breakfast was equally refreshing, especially the vegetarian omlette, which was firm, well done and not soggy.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
clc023, Ffront Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are pleased we were able to accomodate you on such along trip. Thanks for choosing our hotel and we hope to have you with us again.
Englewood FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked this while enroute to FL with Hotels.com. A bit more expensive than we usually take and if we had not had a cat along this would have been fine. Hotels.com did not advise the hotel about the cat and when we arrived at midnight we found they hadno pet rooms left. We persuaded them to let us stay but the upcharge was $45.00 including tax. A bit much to put it mildly!
The room did not include breakfast but the beds were very comfortable, the hotel was spotless which was needed as we had had a bad drive on 1-95 most of the way from Trenton NJ, and after staying with friends and relatives for several days sharing a queen or double with my wife, neither of us had had a decent sleep, so the nice room with two queen beds was just what the doctor ordered.
The hotel is easy on, easy off for I-95. The base rate was $84 plus $11 tax.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. To ensure a pet room upon a future stay make sure to book with the hotel directly as we fill up on the pet rooms fast. We do have coupon rates that are sometimes comparable to the other third party reservations rates such as hotels.com. We do have a $35 cleaning fee for our pet rooms to ensure a clean room upon your arrival and we do our best to make sure each guest and pet is as comfortable as possible. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

On the busiest travel day of the year, December 22, we found ourselves crawling down I-95 South toward South Carolina from Baltimore after a very relaxing 7- night cruise to the Bahamas. After experiencing the interstate ‘accordion effect’ for 8 hours, we decided to call it a night.

We do not travel without hotel reservations. Ever. We belong to several loyalty programs but were driving blindly on this day. It was a first for me when I picked up a couple of coupon books at a rest stop. We’d seen these stacks of books hundreds of times. The rates were attractive: too attractive; further evidence that no guest pays the same rate for any given room. I was skeptical.

From among the coupon offers, the I-95 Holiday Inn in Fayetteville, NC appealed to me. The coupon catch: the rate is available for walk-ins only with limited availability at the coupon rate. There was no way we were going to pull off after a horrendous day on I-95 only to learn that there was no room at the inn…on the cheap.

I called. And I learned that there were 9 rooms available at the $74.95 coupon rate. And, yes, I understood that I could not make a reservation and that I needed the coupon at check-in.
Uncharted territory. Coupon in hand, I entered the enormous lobby of this very large and spread out hotel. I was welcomed as a Priority Club member and was happy to learn that I could even earn points on the coupon rate. This benefit is important. The fine print on other hotel coupons clearly stated that loyalty points could not be applied. I stated my preferences for room type and was given a map to find the room. On my best day, I am directionally challenged; after this day, I was having difficulty finding my way to door #7, the quickest way to our room on the second floor of this two-story hotel. (There are 7 exterior entrance doors).

Oops. Room 2069 is an adjoining room. Which way back to the lobby? The hotel is lacking in directional signs for public areas and the halls are very long. Hector changed us to a non-adjoining room and we were ready to drive around in squares to door #5. The entrance door numbers are difficult to see at night: a single number on one side of the pillared overhang. Once settled, we were happy with the accommodations: microwave, refrigerator, soft lighting, Curtis Mathes flat screen TV and pleasant green and cream décor. The bathroom amenities were from Bath and Body. A full breakfast buffet
(a $9.95 value) including coffee, tea or soda was part of the room rate in the full-service restaurant. The breakfast voucher is not available on room service. Gratuities are not included. Hours are Mon-Fri: 6:30-10:30 a.m. and Sat-Sun: 7-11 a.m. We checked out before breakfast was available.

Baggage service is available with a 30- minute advance notice to the front desk. 13,000 square feet of meeting space is available. Groups from 10-250 can be accommodated in theater, classroom, u-shape and banquet style. There is a 24/7guest laundry on the first floor with supplies available. The Business Center is available 24/7 along with complimentary wireless access in the rooms. Pets are allowed in designated rooms for a $35 charge. The indoor pool is open from 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. A separate fitness room is available in the pool area. For a hotel of this size, I was surprised to find only one ice machine on the first floor, a sentiment echoed by two employees who directed me to the vending area, another walk around in squares down to the first floor.

Would we stay here again? Yes, at the coupon rate. The hotel is easy on, easy off from I-95. I suggest ice machines on each floor and more directional signs be installed for easier navigation.

Room Tip: Room 2069 is adjoining. Room 2065 is not adjoining.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We thank you for your comments on our hotel, we are glad that we could assist you after a long day of driving. We hope you select our hotel the next time around again!
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is my favorite type of review to write. At 3 hotel stays for business every week covering 3 states, I only stay with Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn. I have only one true deal breaker with these 2 chains and only find this deal breaker about every 10 different hotels. The deal breaker is, after checking in, “We need a credit card for incidentals”. Please let me explain this to mgmt at this location. If I pay a $35 to $50 incidental hold at every hotel, any given month I would have hundreds of dollars revolving on my card. It takes 5 to 10 business days for the money to be credited back to my card. I do not carry cash to give you $50 to pick up the following morning. See, my room was already paid in full online through my employer. Once I give you a second card for incidentals, I have now given 2 credit card numbers out to complete strangers. Our card numbers are compromised on a regular basis and this is the very reason, giving out card numbers to strangers. What do you need an incidental card for? If I make a long distance call? I have both a personal and business cell, both unlimited. You have no pay per view. When I checked in the attendant refused me and informed me I could stay there….even though I stay at countless Holiday Inns every week for years and have a rewards card to show. So she let me head for the door. As usual, it was the status quo, I asked for the manager and the manager waived the incidental fee. The part that makes no sense is that her response was she would waive the fee because if anything happened to the room she would just charge the card on file. Carolyn, if that’s the case then why would you insist, and the other front desk clerk insist on a incidental card???? Please read my other posts, this is an outdated policy. If you are afraid I will make long distance calls then shut off the phone, anything else you made it clear you can just bill the card used to pay for the room online. I am not told, nor is my staff, where to book our stays. We book them ourselves online, wherever we choose. Just landed a chain acct in Fayetteville and this was my first initial visit here with many to follow but guess where we wont be staying…..here!! I hope other viewers read this post and find it useful as they usually do when I title them “Incidental Fee!”. You broke my cardinal rule…I don’t care how old this policy is here or what reason you have, I can chop it down and your competitor will get my business every time : ) Carolyn, the front desk manager, did let me stay and was very polite but I wont be back. Not to knock it any further but this is the smallest king room at a Holiday Inn Ive ever stayed in…there wansnt even a couch. Several of these type incidental reviews have led to a phone call from management, free room vouchers, etc. Send them to me because I never use them, I give them away to family only after informing them of the coming credit card hold!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Mr. Tompkins, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. At our hotel it is our policy to take a Credit or Debit Card for Incidentals or a $50 cash Deposit. This is not only to ensure that you may charge room service, phone calls etc. to the room , but to also protect the hotel from any damages that may occur. Managers are the only ones who can override this and that is what Carolyn did in your case to make your stay more pleasant. If you prefer in the future, your company can give us an Authorization to charge for incidentals, in which case it would only be charged or authorized if you were to charge something to the room, or if there were damages incurrred. Thank you for your remarks. We do appreciate all feedback.
cherry hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stay here often when i go to Fayetteville, nc. The hotel is a older up scale motor lodge from the 70s but dont let that scare you. Rooms have been re done, nice lobby, a indoor pool and a resturant with a small bar. Food is good, the staff is friendly, the motel is clean. Pets are allowed. Nice place to stay of a night or two

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We are pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us and we look forward to you stayiing with us again soon.
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Again, we use this property on our trek up I 95 to New Jersey. As usual the staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean and adequately appointed. One of the predominate reason we stop is that the hotel is Pet Friendly. On a negative we found that the buffet breakfast was not as good as usual. The biscuts were like hockey puck and the gravy was not up to normal standards. Disappointed in breakfast.

Room Tip: We travel with a dog so we always have a room close to one of the back doors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We apologize that the breakfast was not up to par this time, we usually get many compliments on our buffett (especially the omlets). We hope that doesnt change your mind about staying with us, and will give the breakfast another try. Other than that we hope you enjoyed your stay!

Been to Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South? Share your experiences!