“More incidental credit card potential for problems....Be careful!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1944 Cedar Creek Rd, Exit 49 off I-95, Fayetteville, NC 28302   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 49 hotels in Fayetteville
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“More incidental credit card potential for problems....Be careful!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is my favorite type of review to write. At 3 hotel stays for business every week covering 3 states, I only stay with Comfort Suites and Holiday Inn. I have only one true deal breaker with these 2 chains and only find this deal breaker about every 10 different hotels. The deal breaker is, after checking in, “We need a credit card for incidentals”. Please let me explain this to mgmt at this location. If I pay a $35 to $50 incidental hold at every hotel, any given month I would have hundreds of dollars revolving on my card. It takes 5 to 10 business days for the money to be credited back to my card. I do not carry cash to give you $50 to pick up the following morning. See, my room was already paid in full online through my employer. Once I give you a second card for incidentals, I have now given 2 credit card numbers out to complete strangers. Our card numbers are compromised on a regular basis and this is the very reason, giving out card numbers to strangers. What do you need an incidental card for? If I make a long distance call? I have both a personal and business cell, both unlimited. You have no pay per view. When I checked in the attendant refused me and informed me I could stay there….even though I stay at countless Holiday Inns every week for years and have a rewards card to show. So she let me head for the door. As usual, it was the status quo, I asked for the manager and the manager waived the incidental fee. The part that makes no sense is that her response was she would waive the fee because if anything happened to the room she would just charge the card on file. Carolyn, if that’s the case then why would you insist, and the other front desk clerk insist on a incidental card???? Please read my other posts, this is an outdated policy. If you are afraid I will make long distance calls then shut off the phone, anything else you made it clear you can just bill the card used to pay for the room online. I am not told, nor is my staff, where to book our stays. We book them ourselves online, wherever we choose. Just landed a chain acct in Fayetteville and this was my first initial visit here with many to follow but guess where we wont be staying…..here!! I hope other viewers read this post and find it useful as they usually do when I title them “Incidental Fee!”. You broke my cardinal rule…I don’t care how old this policy is here or what reason you have, I can chop it down and your competitor will get my business every time : ) Carolyn, the front desk manager, did let me stay and was very polite but I wont be back. Not to knock it any further but this is the smallest king room at a Holiday Inn Ive ever stayed in…there wansnt even a couch. Several of these type incidental reviews have led to a phone call from management, free room vouchers, etc. Send them to me because I never use them, I give them away to family only after informing them of the coming credit card hold!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Mr. Tompkins, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. At our hotel it is our policy to take a Credit or Debit Card for Incidentals or a $50 cash Deposit. This is not only to ensure that you may charge room service, phone calls etc. to the room , but to also protect the hotel from any damages that may occur. Managers are the only ones who can override this and that is what Carolyn did in your case to make your stay more pleasant. If you prefer in the future, your company can give us an Authorization to charge for incidentals, in which case it would only be charged or authorized if you were to charge something to the room, or if there were damages incurrred. Thank you for your remarks. We do appreciate all feedback.

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
cherry hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stay here often when i go to Fayetteville, nc. The hotel is a older up scale motor lodge from the 70s but dont let that scare you. Rooms have been re done, nice lobby, a indoor pool and a resturant with a small bar. Food is good, the staff is friendly, the motel is clean. Pets are allowed. Nice place to stay of a night or two

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us and we look forward to you stayiing with us again soon.
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Again, we use this property on our trek up I 95 to New Jersey. As usual the staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean and adequately appointed. One of the predominate reason we stop is that the hotel is Pet Friendly. On a negative we found that the buffet breakfast was not as good as usual. The biscuts were like hockey puck and the gravy was not up to normal standards. Disappointed in breakfast.

Room Tip: We travel with a dog so we always have a room close to one of the back doors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We apologize that the breakfast was not up to par this time, we usually get many compliments on our buffett (especially the omlets). We hope that doesnt change your mind about staying with us, and will give the breakfast another try. Other than that we hope you enjoyed your stay!
Goose Creek, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The location seems like it'd be a bummer, but turned out to be a really great decision. The hotel staff is so friendly. The front desk managers were very accommodating and gracious. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. I wished there was an extra blanket in the room, though, because it got colder at night. My partner was comfortable though. The fan did smell musty, so that was another reason we didn't mess with the fan unit. The hotel is dog-friendly, with a reasonable pet fee of $35. We were given a room conveniently located to an exit door. There is a dog park about a 10 minute drive away towards downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enoyed your stay with us. For future stays we do offer extra blankets, just call our front desk and one of our courteous staff members can bring one right down to you. We apologize for the musty smell that is quite unusual. It may have just not been used in a while, but we will have our maintenance staff check. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you and your pet again soon!
Provincetown MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Comfortable room with great bed linens and amenities. Front office staff were friendly. The restaurant was terrible. Poor dinner grisly ribs and cold mashed potatoes. Breakfast was worse plus unfriendly staff.good choice if you eat elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the inconvenience in the restaurant. We have addressed the situation with the restaurant manager and will have this resolved. Thank you for your feedback.
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

On the way from florida to new york we overnighted at the hotel. Very nice hotel. has restaurant bar and best of all an indoor swim pool. Rooms were large and well kept. As a holiday inn rewards member we were entitled to a cocktail at the bar and the next morning a free buffet breakfast . Well worth the stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to have you stay with us soon. Thank you for such great comments. We are pleased we could accomodate you.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My three girlfriends and I go to the Holly Day Fair in Fayetteville NC every year. We stay at this Holiday Inn @ I-95. They are so very good to us. Great rooms, good location, no stairs.
We check in early so we can play cards and enjoy each others company. They let us play in the bar area. The staff does everything they can to make us comfortable.
We had appetizers, very good, and breakfast the next day, also very good.
All the staff treated us so nice.
We will come back next year and, of course, stay here.

Room Tip: Our rooms were in the 1100 area, near the outside entrance. Not far to carry luggage.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
clc023, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your great review! We love getting positive feedback from our guests. We are glad to hear you are a repeat customer, and we love having you ladies with us. See you on the next go around.

Been to Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South? Share your experiences!