“unhygienic” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Boston, Massachusetts
“unhygienic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I will begin by saying the staff is very friendly. I was treated nicely in each experience with a staff member. I do not mistake kindness for competency though.

As a platinum member, I received an upgrade. So this awful experience was in one of their 'nicer' rooms.

When I got into my room, there was a coffee stain on the seat of one of the lounge chairs. This is notable because it could be wiped off easily, which I did myself. There were other tears and stains on the carpets and wallpaper. Indicative of an older unrenovated hotel.

When I went to use the bathroom, there were hairs around the edge of the tub. This is unhygienic and just gross. When I ran the tub for hot water for a shower, the hot water ran out in under two minutes, leaving tepid water coming from the faucet. This was extremely disappointing when I wanted a hot shower before a work dinner. When I called about the water, the front desk people sent someone up right away who told me that I would have to wait 15-20 minutes for the water to reset. That did not leave enough time for me to shower before my dinner meeting.

When I called the front desk to complain they offered me a discount on my rate. I told the person I appreciate that, but I was there for work so I wasn't paying. Please keep in mind that I did not decline the discounted rate. When I asked what could be done for me, the answer I got was "the manager will get back to you." No manager ever got back to me. To add insult to injury, I was charged the original rate that I booked, no discount.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
IHRMC_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. While we are glad to hear our friendly staff tried their hardest to make your stay a great one we are deeply disappointed to see it was not. As a Platinum IHG Rewards Member we know a clean comfortable stay is key as IHG brand hotels are your home away from home. We do apologize for the inconveniences and the possible miscommunication. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Will NEVER stay there again! They had several mistakes at my Wedding Reception and offered us a "free" weekend. My husband and I stayed there last weekend. When we checked in the lady told us we will get entree breakfast sent to our rooms. I called the front desk the next morning, was literally transferred 4 times to different people. The first lady said, “who told you, you can get food to your room?” Next lady’ “I’m going to transfer you to the café, order what you want and they will deliver to your room.” Café lady’ “You need to come down here to order” explained to her that it was suppose to be delivered. “Hold on”… Last lady, “What do you want to order?” I don’t know I don’t have a menu!!! She started to read it to me… I said forget it and we went down to eat. The wait staff was very nice. The lady told us to order what we want. Next morning, just got up went down there (didn’t want to go through the hassle)! Got to the café and the lady tried to charge me for juice. I told her that we got it yesterday and there was no problem. She told me, “Well that lady that was here yesterday is not here today!” Really???? The waitress was nice though, she just brought me the juice anyway, no charge. Not to mention that they never brought over the entrée menu, so we just ate at the buffet. Got home today and checked my account… Guess what they charged me $296.34 for our FREE weekend… SMH! Called over there and they handled it quickly, so good job Brittney! That was just this weekend, didn’t tell you about the weekend of my wedding… But if you look hard enough, my dad already wrote about that!!!

Room Tip: Beds are hard!!! but pillows are nice!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We do apologize that you experienced issues during your stay. We are pleased to see that you found our staff friendly and that they helped with the issues you did experience. Thank you again
Waterford, Wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My three year old great grandson (E) and I spent three night at this hotel in October because my granddaughter was in the Cape Fear Medical Center. The best part of the room was the heavy chairs that I was able to use to keep E from falling out of bed. E wanted a bath the moment he saw the tub. It was a large oval he eventually got to enjoy. (Was slow draining, but I told the staff so hopefully it works properly now.) We always returned to the hotel after dark which was a bit scary. The room, #263, was right next to the second floor entrance door which allowed us to go fairly quickly from car to room and visa verse. (As quickly as you can with a toddler.) Be aware that the building is in a U shape and you must go outside to get to the breakfast area from one side (the one we were in). Even though I asked for senior discount I was charged full price for the first night. When I questioned it, I was given a special "hospital" rate. Also be aware that while it may appear that the hotel has plenty of unoccupied rooms, that was not the case for the weekend due to sporting events. So if you don't know how long you will be needing the room, book a few extra days or you may find yourself without one. I would recommend this hotel/room for anyone who might be in the same situation as mine. It worked for me.

Room Tip: This room was next to the elevator, but I never heard it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Dottie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear E enjoyed our garden tubs that are in all of our guest rooms. I am sorry that nobody showed you the way to cross from building to building without going outside (there is a connecting hallway on the 3rd floor of the East building and delivers you into the back of the lobby). Thank you again and we hope the next time you are in the area is for a more pleasent reason and that we have the opportunity to host you again.
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very nice, large hotel Very large rooms!! I stayed in a king room! Has a fridge microwave and round soaker tub! Room had a great view of outside pool area. The breakfast is great! About 10 minutes from bowling lanes. Restaurants and fast food close by.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are happy to see that an experienced traveler such as yourself found your stay with us to be a good one. Thank you again and we are looking foward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Room was nice and clean. Hotel itself is older but updated. The hallway on my floor (2w) smells like it was cleaned with curry scented shampoo. They have a coffee maker in the room but no creamer. Front desk had none nor the onsite cafe! The market across the street sells Individual creamers by the box. Someone please tell the staff.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear rdavisohio,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We want to also thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback, without which we would not be able to improve. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The lobby area of this hotel made me think it would be a great place, despite the negatives I had heard. But the reality is that there were quite a few negatives about this hotel. First, the positives...the staff were quite friendly, the rooms were a nice size also, and I loved the over-sized tub. And while I did not use my balcony my friend did and it was very nice. But unfortunately, the negatives are there. I arrived at the hotel exactly at 3pm (check in time) and walked into a lobby filled with people waiting to get into their rooms. The hotel was the host hotel for a professional sporting event and many of the athletes and fans had arrived early. And NONE of the rooms were ready for them. Granted, they did arrive early but I would have thought the hotel would have considered the fact of a large group arriving and had the rooms available earlier. The hall area's were hot and smelled "old" (for lack of a better word), the carpet in my room, while I could tell it had been vacuumed it was definitely stained. The bathroom was clean, but lacking despite having two obvious spaces for it any tissues (and from talking to friends they also were missing tissues and shampoo). And the tub did not drain properly. I was standing in all but ankle deep water by the end of my shower. A big problem was the elevators! At first I thought they were just extremely slow but it was more than that. The first day they were SLOW but after that I took the stairs because they simply stopped working! The hotel, as a whole, looked dated and in need of some repair. All in all, it was not a terrible hotel. I would stay there again if I was in the area. But it definitely has some needs for updates and improvements. I did NOT see any bugs as others mentioned.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Amy E,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I checked into this hotel on 9/23/13 for my job; which I travel to various parts of eastern NC. While I was taking a shower on 9/24/13 in the early morning hours, I noticed that I was not alone. After stepping out of the shower and putting on my glasses, I saw a roach on the side of the tub area. I was able to place the roach in a cup (to show to the desk clerk when I checked out). After getting dressed, I went downstairs to report this issue. The desk clerk at first only wanted to give me $30.00 dollars off my bill. I told her that was NOT acceptable. She then said that she would take my entire bill off my credit card. I then asked for the managers' name. She gave me the operations managers' name. I wanted a day to call and did so on 9/25/13 and left a message. I am STILL waiting for a return call... As I stated I travel for business and passed this info on to my co-workers. As I write this, there will be NO more reservations from myself or my co-workers.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear gina b,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fayetteville.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux? Share your experiences!