I will begin by saying the staff is very friendly. I was treated nicely in each experience with a staff member. I do not mistake kindness for competency though.
As a platinum member, I received an upgrade. So this awful experience was in one of their 'nicer' rooms.
When I got into my room, there was a coffee stain on the seat of one of the lounge chairs. This is notable because it could be wiped off easily, which I did myself. There were other tears and stains on the carpets and wallpaper. Indicative of an older unrenovated hotel.
When I went to use the bathroom, there were hairs around the edge of the tub. This is unhygienic and just gross. When I ran the tub for hot water for a shower, the hot water ran out in under two minutes, leaving tepid water coming from the faucet. This was extremely disappointing when I wanted a hot shower before a work dinner. When I called about the water, the front desk people sent someone up right away who told me that I would have to wait 15-20 minutes for the water to reset. That did not leave enough time for me to shower before my dinner meeting.
When I called the front desk to complain they offered me a discount on my rate. I told the person I appreciate that, but I was there for work so I wasn't paying. Please keep in mind that I did not decline the discounted rate. When I asked what could be done for me, the answer I got was "the manager will get back to you." No manager ever got back to me. To add insult to injury, I was charged the original rate that I booked, no discount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center is located near Fantasy Lake Waterpark, Crown Coliseum, Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville Motor Speedway, Simmons Army Airfield, Pope Air Force Base, Methodist College and the Cape Fear Botanical Gardens. The The Bordeaux Hotel Fayetteville offers guests an outdoor pool, free airport shuttle, restaurant, lounge, fitness room, free high-speed wireless Internet access, guest laundry, business center, fax/copy service, wakeup service, free parking with room for large vehicles and 34,000 square feet of meeting facilities. Small pets are accepted with additional charges. Guest rooms may offer free high-speed wireless Internet access, coffee maker, cable TV with extra stations, hair dryer, iron/board, free local calls, air conditioning, alarm clock and electronic door locks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bordeaux Fayetteville
- Holiday Inn Fayetteville Bordeaux
- Fayetteville Holiday Inn