“everything is in walking distance- you cant beat that!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Clarksville, Tennessee
“everything is in walking distance- you cant beat that!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This property was above average, alot of things going on. There is a convention center located on the property and restaurant and bar- the rooms was pleasant, nice set up- had problems with water leaking in my room, but they moved me to a better location- also keep in mind, that there is 2 buildings, so you may have to enter your room by going outside and walking to another building. this is a inconvenience if the weather is crazy. everything is in walking distance, gas station, 3 or 4 restaurants. a bar, medical facility- and the movie theater. All these things are in walking distance- and a mall too- the price is decent, around $110 or less. i would stay at this property if i was in town again. Breakfast was great- everything you need, its a buffet- very nice

Room Tip: try to specify that you want a room in the main building- do not get stuck in the other building, th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear harrydapoet,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased to see you our staff helped make your stay a great one. It means a lot coming from an experienced travel such as yourself. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Avondale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Older Holiday Inn with older rooms friendly staff though. Room could use some improvements. Rust in bathroom. Free hot breakfast was a plus. Business Center computer full of spam & popups. Could not use computer. Business center not aircondition.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear travelermanPhoenix,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I do apologize that your experience was not what you expected. Your comments about the business center and the bathroom conditions have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed due to a wedding..and there were several going on. They were busy but extremely helpful. For those who don't want to speak to a "non English speaking reservationist:" Call the hotel direct. No excuses!! The hotel is very large with many areas. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The pool was wonderful and my guess is that they had a diving board at one time....a real deep end.
The bar had been moved due to renovation but they accomodated us just fine. The menu in the bar, for light venue, was excellent and very reasonably priced. I was surprised. The basic hotel is older and they have been renovating
Front desk was delightful. There are always going to be problems with some people. so use your head. If they are really busy, remember, they are trying their best to make everyone happy and THAT TAKES TIME. Use a smile and a nice voice and it does much more than yelling!

Room Tip: Room on poolside is nice for the view, but kids like to swim and make noise, so if you're an ear...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sally,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and found great value I our property. We are also happy to see our outstanding staff was able to help make your stay a memorable one. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.
Merrillville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This was my worst experience ever at any holiday inn. Upon checkin at 7:30pm; I was informed that they did not have my room type available due to "so many checkins". I asked why? Since I am a ICH Platinum member I am supposed to be able to check in to my room upon arrival even if that was 1pm; and should definitely be able to at 7:30. The front desk said they were sorry prefusely but they didn't have any king rooms like i had booked; but only two doubles. I said that I guess will have to do. I took my keys and went to my room. Upon walking to the elevators; I passed three king rooms that were unoccupied. When I asked housekeeping staff that was in the hallway; they said those rooms were "not available". I said ok and continued to my room. It was on the 5th floor. I arrive in my room; and find hairs in the shower, stains on the sheets in BOTH beds, and the wireless Internet not working in my room. I call the desk. They said if I wanted to wait an hour or so; they MAY be able to find me a different room. How can a 6 story hotel with a separate 3 story wing as well be out of hotel rooms when there are less than 20 cars in the parking lot?? Unacceptable for holiday inn. Especially for a platinum member.

To top it off; I looked online upon arriving in my room; and king rooms were still available online and the double room I was placed in was $10 less; and I was still billed for my king room rate!! Completely unacceptable!

I will not be staying at IHG anytime soon due to this stay.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear pacotechguy,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Fayetteville Bordeaux, NC. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff here are inefficient, helpless, and should not be in customer service. THREE times I had to call. Reservations are handled off site by someone who BARELY speaks English. They told me to call the hotel. Called hotel. The girl transferred me to a manager's voice mail. Hard to make a reservation on voice mail. Third call I was told to call reservations. Holiday Inn used to be a nice family place to stay. I guess now the Bordueax is not interested in customer service just getting a $$$. This place used to be nice but since change in ownership it has really tanked. Rooms need upgrades! Dirty, dark and in a high crime area. Extended stay is down the road and newer the front desk is nice.

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear mom2cannadaboys,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I humbly apologize for the poor service you had with one of our staff. We always aim to provide the best customer care and seamless reservation system and deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

Your experience is not reflective of the high standards we pride ourselves with. You comments are troubling, as such, these will certainly be looked into and updates will be made where possible. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here 7-10-2013 for one night. Arrived in the lobby and it was very nice. It had been well updated recently, nice, clean and friendly staff. Check in time was very quick. My husband and I were tired and wanted to lay down for a short rest before we had dinner with his new boss. We were in town for my husband's interview and had a busy week scheduled.

We arrived to our room, in the older building on the second floor. The elevator was old, flooring was old and the hallways needed a fresh coat of paint or wallpaper. We turned into the entry of our room, where we saw a large hole in the wall. Opening the door to our room, we were immediately hit with a very gross, musty, damp, rotten smell. we put our luggage down and the floors looked like they hadn't even been vacuumed. There were large crumbs on the floor. My husband sat on the bed and noticed that the sheets looked gritty and stained. I opened the fridge door to put a soda into it and water dripped/ran out. It was disgusting and smelled horribly. I decided against putting anything in that fridge!!! NASTY. THEN, I went to get the remote for the TV and there was a CHEWED piece of GUM on the T.V. stand. I called down to the front desk immediately. They placed us into a different room. Someone came up, apologized and assured us that this was not acceptable cleanliness of that hotel.
He brought us over to our new room, which is where we stayed that evening. The ceiling had black/dirt spots on it all over the corners, the bathroom was outdated, flooring was stained. It was 'clean' but 'stained'. The beds looked clean. We were tired out!
That night, there was a very loud group of males that checked in right next to us. I called the front desk around 1am and was told that security would come up and take care of it. I called again at 2, was told the same thing. We never once heard security come up and speak to anyone (believe me, we would have heard...we could have heard anything through those walls!) and those guys never did quiet down until well after 3. The hotel was unable to provide us with a quiet, relaxing room.
We had gotten this room off of priceline. I am not sure if they give the better rooms to people who book direct or what, but these rooms were definitely not 3 star. They were OLD, STAINED and majorly needed updating. If we'd not gotten the room from priceline (it was non-refundable), we would have checked out and gone elsewhere.
The breakfast was good, the staff was nice and tried to be helpful, the lobby is very nice, the rooms were HORRIBLE.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear pannm,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive feedback on our hotel lobby and friendly staff. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to hear about your experience in particular with the quality of rooms you received and noise disturbance. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. Rest assured that this isn't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and I am confident they will take necessary steps to improve our guest satisfaction.

Lera P
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have read some extremely negative reviews of this hotel. I have stayed here twice (both overnighters), and have had good experiences. It is a little out of the way if you are traveling on I-95, but if you received a great rate (as we did through Hotwire) and you add to that the free breakfast coupons, then through in the fact that they recently remodeled, and the personnel tries hard to be helpful- well you have a good value. I found a clean hotel, though our room only had one bath towel. People are pleasant and accomodating- no real problems.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay and found great value I our property, that means a lot coming from an experienced travel such as yourself. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Fayetteville - Bordeaux? Share your experiences!