“Great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Freehold, New Jersey
“Great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a late check-in and were welcomed by an extremely friendly and efficient staff member at the front desk, which set the tone for the rest of our stay. The room was quiet and clean, with accessible outlets for charging electronic equipment. The breakfast area was well-stocked with a variety of foods, including a delicious fresh fruit salad. There was a high volume of people but staff was excellent in keeping up with the demand. Great value for the price, we will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

There is not too much to say about this property. It is a roadside motel. It is clean and the staff are friendly. Perhaps this is one of the best choices in town, I am not sure. Still I would risk it and stay somewhere else next time.

I booked through hotels.com. They said one of the amenities was a detachable shower head...wrong. The shower head was very much attached to the wall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

It’s not often one gets to stay in an original. In fact this hotel bills itself as one of the original Hampton Inns. Historical value aside with a number of positives and some negatives I can recommend this hotel if you can find discounts before staying.

This was a convenient halfway point for my family during our drive to and from Orlando. With quick and easy access to I-95 and with a gas station right next door, the location makes for a great overnight pit stop. There are also a number of restaurants nearby as well as a grocery store within 10-15 minutes drive.

Front desk staff were friendly and efficient during both our visits, getting us quickly checked in even when we pulled in behind two or three other cars. The rooms were a good size for a family of four. No there are not any elevators but the hotel only has two stories so unloading the car was not a problem. However if you have any limitations you may want to request a first floor room. Even with the outside facing doors we were not disturbed by noise.

My review is tempered by a few minor things. Our first room on the way to Florida had a bed that was springy; feeling like it was close to the end of its useful life. The beds on the return trip were noticeably more comfortable. We were a bit turned off by finding hair in both rooms (not a lot of hair but a strand here and another there), taking attention away from what was overall a clean hotel. The free breakfast was only okay. The breakfast room was small, becoming very crowded with families who like us were looking to get quickly back on the road.

The décor is a bit dated with some mismatched furniture in the room. Still for a night or two this hotel offers a good night’s rest.

(Note: I am a Hilton HHonors member)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We usually stay at Hampton Inns, or Hiltons, when we are on the road like we were this week. The last time we stayed at this particular Hampton Inn, Dec. 7, 2011, I posted a thorough review here on TripAdvisor listing all of the pros and cons at this location.

The pros outweighed the cons by a considerable amount and we gave this Hampton four stars. After our last stay, I'd like to give it four and a half because it's not only as good as before, but better! All of the pros I listed in that prior review still stand, with some additional pluses. The few cons this location has, that are correctable, have been.

The new pluses are dehumidifiers in the rooms, for an even more comfortable room environment in the humid south, a wonderful little recharging station at the nightstands for all your electronic equipment, plenty of free bottled water for drinking and making their free coffee, and even more delicious selections at their free breakfast.

One con they fixed since my last review is their very impressive free high speed internet. It's now lightening fast! My husband and I were both amazed at how fast.

Yes, this is an older Hampton, so there are outdoor corridors and stairs, something I don't like, but there are so many pluses to this very quiet, comfortable, friendly, reasonable and clean hotel, that we will always chose to stay here when we travel I-95.

Room Tip: This hotel is a couple of blocks away from the interstate in a quiet location, so both sides of the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumont, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Hotel and rooms are very clean. Breakfast was great. Rooms are very comfortable. Nice pool area and court yard. I will be back again when I am in the area. Thank you, thank you very much. Have a good and productive day.

• Stayed July 2012
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here on our way from Florida to NJ ( about Halfway point) and back from NJ to Florida. First of all great FREE breakfast. The waffles are fantastic. The room was nice and clean, everyone I delt with on the staff was very friendly. Free Wi-Fi, for Hilton Honors memebers. Good pricing. Close enough to I-95 but not right on top of it. We would stay here againg if we decide to drive back up north.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a pull out sofa - and a king size bed - nice size room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
suffolk, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is right off interstate 95 along with several other hotels, it's an older Hampton inn but very well kept. The doors open to the outside, but clean, fresh walkways, and at no time did I feel insecure. The breakfast area was well run, even with many travelers there. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There is a pizza hut down the road, I got take out, and took it back to my room, enjoyed relaxing in room till hitting the road again.

Room Tip: As the breakfast area is on the small size, use your tray in your room to take your food back to you...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Fayetteville I-95? Share your experiences!