“Perfectly acceptable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Tallahassee, FL
“Perfectly acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed there the night of 11/21, a Thursday night, and nothing seemed out of place. We were on the upper level and the hotel was not very crowded. Everything worked, was clean, the bed was comfortable, there was enough warm water, etc. We would stay there again. We were traveling from FL to VA to visit family, and this was a convenient stopping place, with a good price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
The staff and management team would like to thank you for staying with us at the Econo Lodge of Fayetteville . We are always glad to what our guest has to say. We are glad you had such a pleasant experience with us and hope you consider staying with us again.
Happy Holidays,

Mandy Leftwich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Ok for a one nights stay, had problems with toilet before even using it. Called staff who came and apologized stating that they just had a bus load of kids which cause the problems. Hmmm. Anyways for a one night stay it was ok

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
The staff at the Econo Lodge would like to thank you for staying with us on your trip. I would like to apologize to you for the problem with your toilet, but was glad you called the front desk to allow our staff to fix this for you. Our guests are very important to us and we want to make your stay with us as pleasurable as possible.
We hope you come and visit us again in the near future. Please give us a call @1-910-433-2100 and we will be glad to take your reservation.
Inverness, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a convenient location with restaurants nearby. We've stayed here a number of times before. This time the room wasn't up to par. We travel with a cat, so are assigned to a pet room. There is a $15 fee which is steep considering they don't seem to replace carpeting more frequently, thus the funky smell. Also the coverlet used as the blanket was stained on both beds. And the refrigerator had a bad smell in it and was rusty on the outside. The breakfast offerings are quite well stocked, coffee however was quite institutional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for being a repeat customer with us. We are always glad to hear the feedback from our guests. i would like to apologize to you for all the problems in the room you stayed in. As you well know this is not our ususal way of doing business. These issues are of great concern to me and the staff. I would appreciate if you would give me a call @1-910-433-2100 to discuss these problems you had and let me know what room you stayed in so I can go over all this with our housekeeping and maintenance department. Our housekeeping staff changes all linens on our pet rooms each day and the rooms are also shampooed and inspected. We realize sometimes something can be over looked and we would like to make this up to you. We are glad you took advantage of our breakfast and also the local restaurants nearbly. We value all our guests and I am looking forward to a call from you.
Best Regards, Mandy Leftwich, General Manager
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Okay, this might be long, but both times we were here happen to be long. The main reason why we came here the first time was because of a tornado and their ad in the phone ok ( no electricity, no Internet) said they took dogs. So the second time, we decided to go to same place because they do not charge this outrageous fee to have a pet in your room.
Both times we came in room was clean and we made the reservation same day because we needed a bed due to emergency. Both times the people at the front were helpful and during this visit ( over a month stay, but that is another long story) we noticed that the staff is particular about how other people are trained. They have two maintenance guys that are pretty good, I think they practically live there though because they are always moving stuff and going building to building. Another thing we noticed is that they go through every room even if it were unoccupied the night before. The rooms are also checked more than once if they are unoccupied. If we knew we were staying longer than a week at any point during our stay we would have chose accommodations that were more apartment like ( couch, kitchenette), but there was a refrigerator and microwave. It was also nice because we trailered a boat, so there is room to park if you are hauling. There are a lot of truck drivers and busses that stop there, but we never experienced anything out of the ordinary. Plus, law enforcement drives around the area since it is located off of I95. There is an Exxon in front, it probably should get upgraded, but there is a BP walking distance near Holiday Express, with more healthier options. Their is fast food places pass the overpass and a Ruby Tuesdays ( good steak) and Cracker Barrell.
Most of the staff that was there when we were there 2 years ago are still there, so that in itself says something good about management. Nice people work here and they get a lot of repeat business (we met several). Hopefully, we can stay at home, but if another emergency pops up, we will probably stay here first.

• Stayed August 2013
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
We as the Econo Lodge staff and management team would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your misfortunate time and also thank you for taking the share with us such great feedback on your experience here. We loved hearing about the great things you noticed about our hotel's cleanliness and our practices. We also certainly appreciate all of your positive comments on our staff's customer service and the management. It strives us forward to make our guests' experience a memorable and enjoyable one. Wish you all the best and hope to have you as a guest in the near future. Maybe, this time on a pleasure trip!
Thanks again,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great location right off the highway. Close to places to eat and gas up. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool is great after a long day of driving. The room was very big and clean with an a/c that worked great and wasnt noisey. Check in and out was a breeze. The bed was very comfortable. Dont forget the free breakfast, love the waffles.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We appreciate you choosing us for your over night stay. We are glad you could take advantage of our pool and our Deluxe Continental Breakfast. I am so glad the staff, location, and our enemities were so helpful for you.
We always strive for great customer service and we thank you for your feedback. We welcome you and your family to come and visit us again soon.
Thanks Again,
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stay here for five days with three grand children and two dogs!! First and foremost was our experience with the reservation/check-in process, Dawn was AWESOME, I felt like Econo Lodge wanted us to stay there. She went above and beyond to help us with all our questions with kids/pets. The room was clean, fridge, microwave, iron/board. Complimentary coffee and POPCORN! The kids loved going to the lobby to get their daily dose of popcorn. The pool is great, clean, warm and kid friendly! We had a GREAT stay, and will stay again the next time we are in Fayetteville Thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Econo Lodge. We are so pleased to know you had such a wonderful stay with us. We are so glad that your family felt so welcomed and yes we do try to make all our guests feel like they are at home with us. Also, we are pleased that you brought your pets with you and was able to take advantage of our pet policy. I will be letting our staff know of your wonderful expereience here with us and please come and visit us again very soon.
Thanks again,
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stopped here to rest on my trip home back from NY. I had my crated cat with me so they gave me a pet friendly room. I didn't even sit down, it was that bad. I travel often with my husband and two dogs so we are used to staying in pet friendly hotels. This room, however, smelled like a kennel. I went back to the front desk and asked if that was normal for this hotel. The staff was lovely and moved me to a non-pet friendly room at no additional charge. I showered, changed and rested on top of the comforter, never unmaking the bed. I fell asleep for about an hour and when I woke up, my legs from ankle to knee and arms had little tiny flea (I'm guessing flea) bites all over them. So, I packed up and checked out and scratched myself all the way to a cleaner hotel in South Carolina.

Steer clear.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Mandy L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Ms. Jennifer, I personally appreciate the feedback from my customers. And I thank you for your input. Me and my staff take them all positively, so we can keep on maintaining and improving our guests rooms.We do not overlook odor and pest complaints in our rooms.. Sometimes we end up changing carpet, replacing padding and even mattresses to get rid of odors. And we do pay special attention and treatment for pest control in our pet friendly rooms as well. I would like for you to contact me by telephone(1-910-433-2100) or email(gm.nc192@choicehotels.com) and let me know the room number and date of your stay so we can inspect the room, and treated it if necessary and also speak with our staff who maybe responsible for communicating with our maintenance about problems like you have experienced. It is important to remind and retrain our staff about any problems so this will not happen again. So please contact me. i am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.I am looking forward to speaking with you. Mandy Leftwich/ General Manager

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!