“ok...better options” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Fort Collins, Colorado
“ok...better options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is an OK hotel...we stayed at better in town so probably won't go back. The bed was comfortable, the from kinda dirty, the shower head didn't work very well, the toilet handle needed jiggled and the tiles used as baseboard in the bathroom were falling off..all things routine maintenance could avoid.

Staff was not very friendly or helpful...in fact I couldn't even find someone in the morning to check out. Won't stay again but not the worst place I have stayed.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Mr. BekaandJason;

I am not sure why there was no one to assist you at check out. If you could let us know what your room number was so could look at the maintenance issues you pointed out. Our failure to provide only the highest quality customer service is of great concern to me, and I extend my deepest apologies. I am not sure why there was no one to assist you at check out. We truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the high quality of service offered by our hotel. If you would like, myself or one of the other members of management would be happy to personally assist you with your future reservations.

gm.nc448@comfortfayetteville.com
910-867-1777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Clayton, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a nice Comfort Inn that is typical of the brand. It is located about 10 minutes from Ft Bragg and near the mall and about every chain restaurant you can imagine.

Check in is fairly quick and painless.

My room was nice sized and clean. The shower was poorly designed and too narrow. The bed was comfortable and the room was well lit. As another reviewer noted, the wireless internet service was slow and pretty useless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Marc C,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg. Your valuable input helps me to evaluate our priorities and procedures and come up with solutions to improve our overall guest experience.

We are currently looking into new ways to improve our Wireless Internet and we are looking for ward to improvements coming in the next few months.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. And we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Fayetteville, NC area.

Columbia, S.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I travel for business a lot. This trip was mainly to visit family. In my opinion, it's the best hotel that Fayette-ville has to offer. It's affordable, clean and the breakfast is great. You certainly get your moneys worth when visiting here!! And the staff are excellent. They really go out of there way to accommodate your needs and make you feel welcome.There is a lot of shopping and food nearby. Most within walking distance. We really enjoyed our stay. We have enjoyed it so much, we extended our stay. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: There suites are great. And provide you with that extra bit of room, if you need it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg and for taking the time to let me know of the exceptional services our staff provided you during your stay.

It is a real joy to hear about guests who have a great stay. I read these comment to the Team members and they really appreciate it when we hear from guests that have outstanding experiences.

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell me about the memorable experiences you encountered during your stay. We truly hope that you will continue to allow us to demonstrate the high quality of accommodations and services offered at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Manassas, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Front desk person Kia was amazing. The hotel was ok as in being clean, price, and location. I don't think we will stay at this hotel anymore we stay at it every year we go for thanksgiving. This hotel was way better in the past few years we was there. This time the fire alarm didn't go off on the second floor while there was something burning. One of our family member on the first floor called me to ask where we at we was in the bed. Then someone came banging on the door to smells the room to see where the burning is coming from. This was a dangers thing for the fire alarm not to go off in a hotel floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg and for taking the time to let me know of the exceptional services Kia provided you during your stay.

Each night, we accommodate many guests and strive to provide only the highest quality customer service to our guests. And really appreciate it when we hear from guests that have outstanding experiences.

Your valuable input helps me recognize those individuals that make it their priority to strive to improve our overall guest experience.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel was ok as in being clean, price, and location. I stayed here for a week due to work and I must say that I am disappointed in how thin the walls are. I could hear both neighbors TV's late at night, somebody down the hall turned on their heater and it smelled like burning tires for the rest of the night, and on top of this some stranger was banging on my door at midnight while taking off my do not disturb sign. Granted that stranger baning on my door is not the hotels fault, but it tells you what types stay at this hotel. I think this is a party hotel, because I have walked by the hotel staff while they were cleaning the rooms and they hauled out empty beer containers and one even said "girl we have another messed up room to clean".

Above all it was decent to say the least.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

I wish we could control each and every guest’s actions or make them accountable, but unfortunately we can’t. I am sorry someone had mistaken their room or their friend’s room for yours and knocked on your door.

Also, yes it is that time of year when we start switching over from AC to heat. That smell does make a bad smell sometimes and I apologize. Your valuable input helps me to evaluate our priorities and procedures and come up with solutions to improve our overall guest experience. We have since cut on all of the units to burn off the material build up on heating coils to prevent this from happening.

Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!! I stayed here on a week long work trip so Internet access was essential! I did not have more than 10 minutes of internet access the whole week I was there! I reported it the first night to the front desk and she said "I'll reset the router that's all I can do" that did not work. So when I got back to the hotel the next afternoon the internet was still not working so I went back to the front desk and a different person said that said I could call tech support. I told her I wanted to switch to the other Comfort Inn in town if they had internet that worked so she called over and they said their internet works fine so I asked to move hotels but she said I couldn't because my company already paid for my stay in full and if I switched I would have to pay again!!!?? While I was at the front desk a homeless man walked in and got 2 cups of coffee from the lobby then asked the girl at the front desk for a spoon and she gave him one! She gave someone that wasn't paying to stay at the hotel better customer service than someone who paid for a whole week! Horrible customer service and do not do anything to help you out. So I called Tech support who was great but he said there was def an issue at the hotel that he couldn't fix over the phone. Needless to say the internet never got fixed and the staff did nothing to make it right. I did not pick this hotel my company did it online and I told my company about my experience and they swore they will never use this Hotel again. Also DO NOT GO INTO THE PARKING LOT AFTER DARK! Even though they might have put more lights in that has not stopped all of the drunk people, drug dealers and gang members from hanging out in the parking lot as well as in the lobby and hotel hallways! I'm glad I had a rental car because I didn't care if it got stolen. If you stay here take EVERYTHING VALUABLE out of your car every time you park! They need on site security every night or something! To make things worse 3 out of the 5 mornings while I was walking to my car to go to work I was approached by different homeless people begging for money! The Bathroom had no exhaust fan so it was constantly damp. I had 2 facial soap bars but no body soap, I had one bottle of lotion but no shampoo or conditioner all week they never re stocked the bathroom. The sheets look and feel like they have been used since the 70's! Bottom line if you want to pay around $100 a night for what really is a $20 a night trucker/hooker hotel this is the place for you, If you want a good Hotel that you feel safe, good service, and internet then go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Get a room at a different hotel! This place is unsafe and has horrible customer service and no inter...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnFortBragg, General Manager at Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Each night, we accommodate many guests and strive to provide only the highest quality customer service to our guests. Our failure to meet our goal is of great concern to me, and I extend my deepest apologies.
Your valuable input helps me to evaluate our priorities and procedures and come up with solutions to improve our overall guest experience. We are currently looking into and addressing the WiFi issue you experienced during your stay.
Again, please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the high quality of service offered by our hotel. If you would like, myself or one of the other members of management would be happy to personally assist you with your future reservations.

Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our stay here was mostly very pleasant--room was spacious, clean, and tasteful, with HD TV, fridge and microwave and plenty of pillows. Sheets were a bit old and worn. Bathroom was damp, causing clean folded up towels to be damp when we took them from the rack. Shampoo but no conditioner provided, and not replaced during our 2-day stay. Shower pressure isn't great. The selection of TV channels is horrible! None of the main networks come in, only a bunch of sports and news cable channels, plus HBO. Not much to watch. However, with the wifi working very well, at least we had the Internet to amuse us.
I was VERY impressed with the fitness center! It must be brand new. In addition to free weights and a stretching mat, they have two treadmills and two ellipticals (all Precor with their own TV screens) that are in perfect condition. It's only open till 10 pm though. We didn't use the pool, but we heard there is no hot tub.
Breakfast selection was excellent--variety of nice fruit, yogurt, make your own waffles, muffins and cereals. Just one complaint: the hard boiled eggs were sitting in a fridge compartment that had them sitting in little puddles of water, making them taste and look pretty gross. Far from fresh, and I even started to eat one that was definitely rotten!
Check in and check out were easy, and there is tons of shopping and dining within walking distance. Panera right across the street, also Kmart. If you're super picky, you may have a lot of complaints about this place, but if a good workout and a healthy breakfast are priorities for you, you'll be quite satisfied here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to let us know of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn near Fort Bragg. We are very happy you were impressed with our new workout facility and that it met all of your exercise needs. Your valuable input helps me to evaluate our priorities and procedures and come up with solutions to improve our overall guest experience. I apologize for the issue in the breakfast area and will look into ways to resolve this issue. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell me about the memorable experiences you encountered during your stay. We look forward to serving you again on any future stays in the Fayetteville, NC area.

gm.nc448@comfortfayetteville.com

Been to Comfort Inn Near Fort Bragg? Share your experiences!