“You should try this place...” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #238 of 450 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Mexican
“You should try this place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This place is located in a shopping center near a movie theatre. The staff was very friendly; our waiter was awesome!!!! The food was really really good!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Above-average Tex-Mex with no wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is officially the second-best Tex-Mex/Mexican food restaurant in Fayetteville, and I've tried them all several times. Second here, but simply above-average in states with actual good Tex-Mex.

When you walk in, you'll be seated right away. Every time. Even if it's Ft. Bragg payday Friday night. I'm guessing it's due to the location, but the food should be attracting a much larger crowd. You get chips and salsa right away, although just one choice of salsa. There is an extensive menu with all the usual fare, and most of it is very good, and prepared quickly (since the place will likely be mostly empty). Any number of servers will help you, whoever happens to be near you at the time, so service is excellent.

One thing that stands out is how they treat my 3-year old daughter when we eat there (we also took her at age 2). They bring a special mild-for-kids salsa for her, and they bring her food out early, so she's not sitting there grumpy and hungry. The servers are excellent with her, and she always has a good time. I really appreciate that.

All-in-all, I eat here either when I'm in the mood for Tex-Mex and I'm in the area, or when the wait at El Cazador (my favorite) is too long. Do try it out.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a local non-chain mexican food restaurant during a one night stay in Fayetteville and boy did we find it at this place! Food was awesome - particularly loved the creamy monterrey jack queso - unique and tasty. Its free but you have to ask for it when they serve the chip and salsa starter. Everything we ordered was delicious from the tacos to the beef, chicken and shrimp fajitas. Large menu with the standard stuff along with some of the most creative entrees you could ask for. My only issue was the sopapillas because I expected the cinnamon/sugar coated fry bread with honey, but received a fried flour tortilla with honey, chocolate syrup and a dollup of whipped cream. The service was outstanding and the owners were sweet and even seemed humble when I complimented the food. You. Just have to try this restaurant if you are in the area!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really good Mexican food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008