“Excellent food - nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

4150 Sycamore Dairy Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28303-3459
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mash House Brewery & Rest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 416 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Brew Pub, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fayetteville’s most original menu coupled with an on-site brewery make it a local favorite. Decidedly non-chain choices, with a spotlight on hearty fare like steaks, chops and seafood, coupled with our handcrafted beer. Perfection by the plate, paradise by the pint. NEW! Go behind the scenes and see how our beer is born
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Excellent food - nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We went on our anniversary for a nice night out. Sat outside in the covered patio area. Excellent waiter who knew and took pride in the various brews the place made on-site. Food was great, price was fairly good for the quality. Would like to go back and get a growler for take home some day. There are so many good eateries in the area, but I would go back some day, especially with a group. We did the beer flight, sampling all the different kinds - great way to have them all.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gary B, General Manager at Mash House Brewery & Rest, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We are always happy to hear that we provided great service to our guests. If you are a fan of our beer, we will be having our First Beer Dinner in the next few months so stay tuned! Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to serving you again!

Warwick, New York
“Fried green tomatoes, grits and ribs - yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We read the reviews of this restaurant and went anyway since the desk clerk at the hotel recommended it. The other reviews criticized the overdone steaks. We had a great meal. The service was terrific, the beer excellent and the ribs as yummy as I hoped for.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your feedback! We are always happy to hear that we provided great service to our guests. Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to serving you again!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Third strike. How can they not cook a steak right? First time was sirloin - overcooked. Returned it, and got one that was closer to medium. No comp from the GM.
Second time was bone-in ribeye ($$$$) - very rare. Returned it only to get the same piece back that had the juices leaking out of it. So it was dried out and overcooked. No comp from the GM.
Last night was NY strip - well done. Didn't return it because they obviously can't cook a steak. The GM offered to send it back (like all the ones before them).
They charge way too much for the quality of food they serve. I recently ate in the DC area and spent $25 on a lamb chops meal that was delicious! All they served with the overcooked steak here was mashed potatoes and a few pieces of asparagus.
If you still want to eat here, just grab a beer and something cheap. Don't waste your money on a steak when you can go nearby and pay less.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gary B, General Manager at Mash House Brewery & Rest, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Matt,

My name is Patty Miller, and I am the General Manager of The Mash House Brewery & Chophouse. On behalf of ownership and management, I sincerely apologize for the substandard experiences you've had in our location. It is logical for things to occasionally go wrong in the restaurant business, but for you to have had so many poorly cooked steaks is embarrassing for us as a company. I don't believe I was the manager who mishandled your situations, as I would have quickly taken those items off of your bill and asked if there was anything further I could to in order to make it right for you. But I WILL be focusing on this in my next manager meeting to ensure all of my team understands how to handle food/service issues properly. I will also be meeting with my Culinary Management team to find out why we are having temperature issues when we specialize in steaks and chops. I truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to have guests like you give us your feedback so we can be an even better place to dine in Fayetteville.

I realize we do not deserve a 4th opportunity to serve you, but I would like to offer a complimentary dinner for two--not only to redeem ourselves, but to thank you for being such a loyal guest and giving us so many chances. You can contact me directly at the restaurant: 910-867-9223, or via my personal number: 910-257-4039, to make a reservation or if you'd like to discuss further. I would like to introduce myself when you are here and ensure that you get the highest quality food and service for which we have become known. I am truly sorry for not meeting your expectations and hope we can serve you again in the future.
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
“Good food and fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My friend and I came here after work got dinner. We got there early and had no wait. The good was very good, and love that they only serve beer brewed in house. Recommend the heated outdoor patio, it was great for conversation without too much noise. Overall a very enjoyable experience!

Mdwaugh2001,

Thank you for your feedback! We are always happy to hear that we provided great service to our guests and truly appreciate your recommendation. :) Please take advantage of our loyalty program, the Rewards Club! It's FREE and you earn points towards future visits. Just let your server know when you return that you'd like to sign up and we can get it started for you. Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to serving you again!

Patty Miller
Darlington, South Carolina
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

friend to me there after returning from deployment. I was thoroughly impressed with service and food. I told my wife all about the place now we are just getting prepared for our next date night to check it out.

Dboi74,

Thank you for your feedback! And also, thank you so much for your service. We are honored to have you as a guest and look forward to serving you and your wife on your date night. :)

Patty Miller