“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 450 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Tampa, Florida
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I visited this restaurant last night. I was not impressed.The service was good, our waitress was really good at checking on us and keeping the glasses refilled. The food was ok. I wasn't a fan of the dipping sauce for the bread, I like balsamic vinegar but not to dip the bread in. I ordered baked penne with marinara because I do not eat meat. The sauce, to me, seemed as though it were tomato paste, it was very thick and the cheese on top, to me seemed as if it were out of a bag. I was surprised when the waitress ask if I wanted fresh cheese and I anticipated they would grate it but it was scooped out of a container & was already pre-grated. The house salad was ok, but I ask for a vinaigrette dressing which for my liking was too much and so were the herbs that were put in the salad. Prices were reasonable but I doubt I would go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
luigisnc_owner, Guest Relations Manager at Luigi's, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that the Luigi's staff met your expectations. All of the sauces at Luigi's are homemade. In fact, the recipes have been in the family for generations. We hope that you will give Luigi's another try. If you like steak~ we have quite a few to select from. Also, if you enjoy rack of lamb, you must try ours. Get it Greek style. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how your visit was. Luigi's hopes you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious food; friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Fantastic Italian food. Granted, I likely would slurp down any pasta with sauce, but this was extra good. I enjoyed chicken soup, a great salad, delicious bread, and some kind of chicken with white sauce, which was very moist and tender. I sat at the bar, where two regular patrons introduced me to the bar staff and manager, who were very nice. These patrons told me that the staff will let you walk into the wine cellar to personally select your wine, though I did not confirm this. They also have a huge wine-by-the-glass menu. Only drawback is small, cramped, parking lot off a busy highway.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
luigisnc_owner, Guest Relations Manager at Luigi's, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your visit was. Glad you got to meet some of our loyal customers. Next time you will have to tour the wine cellar. Hope we get to serve you again! Take care and thank you again!!!
“Simply awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

First time here and just awesome. Wine, bread, she crab soup, lasagna, and ravioli. Wow. Meat sauce is awesome.

Visited July 2013
Fayetteville, NC USA
“Great as Usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This has always been a favorite, but as I've gotten older I've grown to appreciate it more. The staff is extremely knowledgeable about wines and food, the food is always hot and plentiful and the atmosphere is great. I too, recommend the she crab soup, it is so good. It is a good place to take a date or your family and always get the food and service you expect.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“don't waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

please don't waste your time if you want real Itailian...might as well go to olive garden same taste and flavor...blah

• Visited April 2013