“a most pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 416 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Warren, RI
“a most pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Recently my son and I had the pleasure of dining at this best kept secret in Fayetteville. I had read some of the less than favorable reviews and wondered what our experience would be. I am happy to report that there was not a single area that did not exceed our expectations. It was quiet and inviting unlike some of the chain steakhouses where you are stepping on peanut shells and waiting for a fight to break out. The ambiance, knowledgeable waitstaff and and quality of meat left us with full bellies and a lovely memory. This is my first time writing a review but I feel these folks deserve the recognition for a job well done! Tom R.I.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have driven past this place a number of times and was always curious. I ended up trying it and wasn't disappointed!
I went on a week night, so there weren't many other people there. My server was on the ball and prompt and very friendly. The steaks were great and just like I like them: no extra flavoring or sauce or any of that nonsense. Just the meat, perfectly cooked.
I'm not crazy about salad bars, but the one at Chris' was adequate. They had a decent wine list and dessert sounded good, though I didn't have any.

• Visited November 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Very Nice Local Steak House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here many times. Never had a bad steak. Stuffed flounder is also great. Staff is always courteous. Atmosphere is lively around cocktail time. So far, this is my second best steak eatery.....First?...The Angus Barn in Raleigh.

Fayetteville, NC
“Not as good as it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our group of seven went for dinner on a Sunday night. We had a reservation but the place was not crowded at all. The decor was cozy and comfortable. The cheese spread and crackers were brought to the table immediately, which is one of the things we have always like about the place. We have been here many times in the past. Three members of the group ordered prime rib at varying degrees of doneness. The waiter shortly returned and stated they only had prime rib for two so only two were able to have the prime rib and the other had to order something else. One of the prime rib recipients had to settle for medium when they wanted rare. I ordered the shish kabob cooked medium well. Apparently the waiter did not understand my order as it was very rare on the inside and charred on the outside. The vegetables as well were charred. I also ordered the twice baked potato and it was very dry. The choice was given of having soup or salad. I ordered salad which you prepare yourself from the salad bar. The salad greens that were offered were almost exclusively iceberg lettuce. As the bowl was almost empty, I asked that more be brought out. This was done and again it was no more than iceberg lettuce. My husband had the broiled seafood platter and stated that it was good. Also, the other members of the party stated that their's was good as well. This is one of the oldest restaurants in Fayetteville and is usually very good. I hope this was just an off night and that it will be better on my next visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“The Secret is OUT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I run a social media marketing company and I eat out TOO MUCH. I was on the road, traveling through the area to do some YouTube filming for the BioDome with some U.S. Army Special Forces hush-hush types and it was time to eat. They suggested this joint.

This place is a gem! Here is why:
* Awesome, throw-back decor with dark wood accents
* Throw-back, all-you-care-to-eat salad bar right inside the front door
* Cool lounge, hot bartender
* Plenty of outdoor seating
* The food came highly recommended and delivered!
* Friendly, helpful and attractive wait staff
* Great FOOD! I had a delicious end-cut of prime rib that came with the REAL horseradish sauce--YUMMO!
* They have this cheese spread (mixed with cheddar and cream) that comes in a lil bowl with bread-sticks accompaniment that is tre-addictive!

Enjoy! Cabeza, OUT!