“Gluten Free Pizza!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 451 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Pizza
“Gluten Free Pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Calzone was huge and delish, the House Special GF pizza was good (minus the bacon). Interesting pizza menu with lots of choices of sauce and toppings allows for a huge variety of tastes. Big comfortable dining room with large bench seats so you could squeeze in a big crowd at one table for added fun! Clean and bright. We will return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eastover, North Carolina
“Excellent Pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Went this evening with the family, and it was surprisingly uncrowded for a Saturday. Our waitress was Renee, and she was so friendly and nice, and also very competent. We got our usual, which consists of a pesto pizza and a cheese pizza. They came out fairly quickly (pizza takes time to cook-to-order). They use lots of olive oil, especially for pesto, so they do come out with lots of oil. We always ask for extra napkins to soak up the grease, but I don't think the pizza would taste so good if they didn't cook them this way. The pizza dough is SO good. There is only one other pizza place in town that rivals Mellow, and that is Brooklyn Pizza. We have been eating at Mellow Mushroom since we lived in Georgia, and while the restaurant itself is designed in a more urban decor than the adorable restaurants in Georgia and Asheville, NC, the food is just as good. It is usually fairly cold in there, so bring a light jacket if you freeze in the A/C like I do!

The only disappointment I had was that they stopped carrying wine from my favorite North Carolina Winery, Duplin. I had a sangria, but compared to Duplin wines it was a bit of a letdown. I don't know why they made the decision to stop carrying Duplin, but I hope they will reconsider!

Visited July 2013
Charleston
“Great Calzones”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My first time to a Mellow Mushroom and it was a good experience. We sat at the bar and everyone was very courteous and helpful. Apart from continually giving everyone the wrong order (all the orders were correct, just given to the wrong person), it was an enjoyable evening.

Visited July 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Very Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Celebrated a friend's going away. It was our first (and last) time going. It was good food but very expensive for pizza. I understand that it is gourmet pizza, but it was VERY expensive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fayetteville, NC USA
“Gluten Free Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

It is hard to find a place that my grandchildren can eat without having to take their food. The Mellow Mushroom understands the importance of a gluten free environment and provides it for their gluten intolerant clients. I'm impressed they are so up on the problem.

Visited May 2013