“In town for work” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Hilliard, Florida
“In town for work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I chose this property based on cost alone, and it's a good value for the cost. I then upgraded to a bigger queen room, the space was a better improvement.
The staff is courteous, front desk and housekeeping/maintenance. I got a call from Rick, the assistant manager, good follow-up to my registration.

Room Tip: end rooms on the wings are bigger, worth the extra $5.oo
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

nc537, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad your stay was a good one. I look forward to seeing you and your company in the future.

Ric Bergmann
Director of Sales and Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I travel for work and on a budget. This extended stay is supposedly in a bad part of town, however, the other $3,000 a month (oh yes, you heard me right) extended stays are less than a mile away down the same road. In defense of other reviewers, I've not discovered the good side of Fayetteville, but I digress. This extended stay is decently priced and located not far from restaurant row, shopping, and the base. There's where the good points end. They claim the rooms are recently remodeled so I'd have hated to have seen them before!! We do travel with a small dog (Maltese) and I do expect to be put into one of the dirtier rooms due to the negligence of many a pet accompanied traveler. However, I did ask twice at the front desk if they had carpet cleaners (as your feet WILL be black if you go barefoot and I can't let my white dog lay on the floor!!) and if it would be possible to get my floors cleaned and that never happened. The refrigerator wasn't working properly and took a couple tries to get replaced with one that only works a tiny bit better, so after throwing out about $50 worth of food, we just started ordering out or shopping daily (kind of defeats the purpose of extended stay but...). The rooms have bugs. These range from cockroaches to the occasional huge wood type of roach to house flies to, literally the most annoying, some kind of fruit fly/gnat we never found a source for. They did have pest control come in while we were here, but I saw no change in the amount of insects seen afterwards. Staff is apathetic. One gentleman, who's name tag sported a title having to do with sales and marketing, barely acknowledged me when I asked about the cleaning of the carpets and simply stated "we have certain rooms for pet owners". I did tell him I figured that but I thought it was pretty bad when the floors were too dirty to let your pet lay on and was met by a blank stare. Being the only decently priced extended stay in town that allows pets, it's a shame that no one seems to care that the place is filthy. The only " amenities " are a laundry room on premises (there's a laundromat up the road that does a better job), super spotty WiFi that kicks you off regularly, and basic cable with HBO. I'd recommend staying somewhere else, but at 3k a month I guess the budget traveler will have to put up with filth and neglect.

• Stayed August 2014
nc537, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
i was glad that we had the opportunity to try to make your stay better and after speaking with your husband i hope we have been able to change your mind and that was definitely isolated incident and also the property will be scheduled in the coming week for carpet service.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

It is located right between Ft Bragg and Downtown.
Very clean except for carpet that should be replaced,
It is in an interesting , yet quiet area.
If you need an economical place and this will fit the bill.
Grocery store very close, Mc D's in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fayetteville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the suburban Is awesome its so clean comfortable an no disturbed. An I'm just love this environment an there nothing rong with the room every thing works an make not want to leave feel like home to me an I would. Tell people how it is I wake up with.a smile cuz of the fresh air

• Stayed May 2014
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was in the middle of relocating when the house I was going to rent became unavailable at the last minute, so I had to stay in a hotel until we found a new house. We ended up staying there for 2 weeks and the service was great. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We paid for one week (hoping that was all we needed) and when we needs another week it took me less that 5 minutes to get it all set up. Oh and there is a deposit, but they check your room right away so you get it when you check out.

Room Tip: Rooms in the early 100's are near the laundry and vending machine.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
S Williamspor
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had to stay here while traveling... company booked it. Boy did they get an earful!
not in a good area of town.
carpet was disgusting. (squishy and dirty)
and the ROACHES were horrible.. spent 2nd night in my car.
NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sam H, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Fayetteville, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Although we value our guest's comments, we do have some guests that no matter how hard we try we can't seem to satisfy. When a guest asks for a smoking room we try to accommodate. Our smoking rooms take up one third of our hotel and they are primed for our smoking guests. If we have any issues with our rooms they we take care of them immediately. We haven't had any complaints about bugs in our rooms but if we ever do, we have a contract with Orkin Pest Control. We value our guest comments and try to satisfy each and every guest
Magnolia, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The front desk staff was very accomodating, especially when we checked in to a "non-smoking" room which smelled god awful, and not non-smoking at all. Very moldy air conditioner that barely put out sort of cool air into the musty smell room. The rooms looking nothing like the pictures, and the neighborhood is a little less than desirable. But, I used point and the stay was free, so I got what I paid for. Stay as a last resort.

Room Tip: I really can't reco,,end any of the rooms, other than try to stay on the 1st floor, the steps an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Or staff is friendly staff and good customer service is what we get complimented on the most. We are an older hotel in an average neighborhood so our service sticks out. We can accommodate any guest no matter the circumstance. Yes, we do have older rooms but we also have newer model renovated rooms as well.

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Fayetteville? Share your experiences!