“Nice, modern, comfortable, and everything worked well. Nice value.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Fayetteville

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Rosa, CA
“Nice, modern, comfortable, and everything worked well. Nice value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Charleston after escaping hurricane Sandy. After the so-so hotel we stayed at in Ocean City, MD, this place was like paradise. Everything about the place was nice, from the amenities to the staff. The internet access was wonderfully fast and reliable. Our "luxurious" hotel that we stayed at in Charleston (for triple the price) was not nearly as nice as Candlewood Suites room.

They have a nice store in the lobby for any commonly needed items. The laundry was free. The bed was great. The staff was very responsive....I made a comment in passing that one of the ha lights was flickering and the person actually walked back with me to change it on the spot...and this was a light in the hallway; not in my actual room!

If I had to find something to complain about, I would say that the flat screen TV was slightly small for the large size of the room. While the TV was about 37 inches, they easily had room for a 46-52 inch set.

I also would have liked to have had windows that opened, but this seems to be a rarity in all newer hotels nowadays.

Since we just stayed here as an overnight stopover, I can't say much about the location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear caesarval
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg. We always love to her feedback from our guests, just to let us and others know how we are dong. At our Candlewood Suites, we try to put everything you need in your suite to make your stay more comfortable and convenient. We believe a clean, comfortable room and GREAT customer service are not reserved for expensive hotels. We love our guests and always want them to feel like they are at home while staying with us!
Thank you again for sharing!

Adam Collier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

First, upon checking in, I was told that the hotel would not be able to honor my “State Government-US” rate, made via their website (ichotelsgroup.com), because I must be employed by the “State of North Carolina”, and not the State where I was traveling from on business, which is Connecticut. I have stayed at various hotels, in different States, and they all honor similar rates quoted by their websites as an out-of-state employee. Because I reserved twwo rooms, and the hotel's refusal to honor the "State Government-US" rate, this hotel stay incurred additional $140.00, approximately. Second, I had to wait for an available room, after the “check-in time” of 3:00 PM, after traveling approximately 12 hours via car. Next, the hotel is located next to a sports bar/comedy/night club, and you will hear thumping music until 2:00 AM on weekends. In addition, I noticed police activity in the parking lot of this establishment, named, "It'z Sports Bar & Grill, Nite Club, Cigar Bar". Last, on the other side of the hotel is a golf driving range without a fence or net. I find it hard to believe that guests' cars parked in front of the hotel are not occasional struck by golf balls. I will never stay here again. I will say that the room was very clean, and it located very close to restaurants, a mall, and Walmart. However, in light of the hotel's poor location, price, and management, I would not recommend that anyone stay at this location. There are better hotels in the area, such as the Wingate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear AnnoymousCT
Thank you your GREAT comments on our rooms and location. They were much appreciated!

As explained previously by Management, our STATE RATE is for EMPLOYEES of the STATE OF NC traveling on OFFICIAL BUSINESS.
The state per diem is considerably lower than most hotels BEST available rate. These rates have restrictions and they are stated as such. Furthermore you WERE NOT TRAVELING on business. Our staff and Management did give you the lowest discount available which was the FEDERAL govt rate. A HOMECOMING celebration would not qualify you for business travel.
The room that was assigned to you at check in was INDEED ready for you, but as you requested a particular floor and location, and not the room that was assigned, you indeed have to wait for that. You even mentioned that it would be no problem, and you would go to your friends room and wait, as you wanted that particular floor.
The "police activity" you saw at the business next door is indeed their security! Their owner actually pays more to have MARKED, UNIFORMED POLICE as their security to ensure there are no problems in their parking lot. How lucky to have a police presence right next door to us! And to put your fears of the golf range next door to rest, we do not have problems with it. The owner angles the drivers in a certain way to ensure they do not hit anything here. And to go an extra step further, the owner of the golf course has agreed to replace or repair any damage that may occur.
We hate that your "issue" with the NC STATE rate caused you to have such a miserable time, especially, attending such a GREAT celebration that was being held in town.

Hope your travels are safe, and as always, Thank you for sharing YOUR comments regarding your stay.

Orange County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel....I booked it via phone with Shauna who was extremely helpful, polite and accomodating. Upon my check-In the clerk ( oh my god...can't remember his name..sorry) was also polite and took his time to explain everything to us....the room was emaculate...I could seriously live there...I also loved chatting with the wonderful maintenance guys...they know who they are:)..It was out the way but still close enough to everything....just the way I like it....Thank you all so much....I will definitely stay there again....
DLumbrazo

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Diana L
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our TEAM and TripAdvisor! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Shauna and Bobby are truly an asset to our hotel as is our entire TEAM. We believe great customer service should be the normal, not the exception!
Our hotel is definitely designed for living and having a temporary place to call home.
We Thank you again for sharing!
Always have Safe travels~
Concho, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Near malls & food businesses, WalMart and various necessities, close to Ft Bragg Army base and easy highway access. When my work took me here for three weeks, and the folks at the front desk were consistently friendly, helpful, and attentive - made me feek at home & valued, rare enough these days!

Room Tip: watch for the weekends when the neighboring dance club entertains with a booming bass throb...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Donna D
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad we were able to meet or exceed your expectations! We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area!
We appreciate you choosing our hotel!
Safe travels~
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a great stay and value. The staff provided excellent services and hospitality throughout our stay. Room was very clean, and the first floor location was accommodating for stay with a puppy. The honor system pantry not only had an excellent selection of items but also reasonable in prices. I would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear CAR R,
We are so delighted you found our Candlewood Suites met or exceeded your expectations!!
We thank you for taking the time to share your comments with others, and our TEAM.
We are glad you enjoyed our Cupboard. We are in the process of adding another new amenity, the Lending Locker which will have items in it that most traveler's can not take with them from home! We are very excited about this.
We are happy you were able to bring your four legged family member with you as well.
We hope to see you the next time you are in our area.
Safe travels!

Murphysboro, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Again the stay at this property was great, only complaint is the room cleanliness was a little less than last stay. There were some smudges on the mirrors and particles under the couch. Otherwise a great stay as normal. You can't go wrong with Candlewood.

Room Tip: Get the King Suite for multiple guest to have privacy and a good seating area, it is worth the extra...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear drugcop4,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us! Thank you for trusting us with your travel needs when staying in the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area. Welcome back too!!
We have shared your comments with all appropriate TEAM members, and appreciate you letting us know when things are not as great as they should be. Our Head Housekeeper said to tell you she will take care of it!
Once again, Thank you from all of our TEAM at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg!
Travel Safe!
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I don't know what I was thinking when I booked a stay in this hotel for a halfway point to Savannah, GA, because it was ten miles off the I-95 exit and had no restaurant. It was located in a strange place in downtown Fayetteville, sandwiched between a driving range, Harley Davidson and a sports bar with nothing else around. When I checked in, I found the clerk to be very friendly and courteous. I asked about their restaurant and was told the hotel did not have one and was referred to the one next door. It was also brought to my attention that they have a snack bar with food to purchase 24/7. The room, a "Queen Suite", was rather small with a fully stocked kitchenette. Everything was clean and the bed was rather comfortable. I had no problem getting online with their ethernet hookup and the large flatscreen had premium channels, so I was okay at this point. After I settled in, I googled the restaurant I was referred to next door and found, from another review site, that the sports bar was also considered a strip joint by the locals. Needless to say, I did not eat my dinner there. I instead opted to drive about a mile further into town where I found a nice selection of restaurants. When I returned to the hotel later to settle in for the evening, I discovered no exhaust fan in the bathroom or a/c fan to drown out the noise from the outside. When I tried to sleep, I could hear the person in the room above me walking around. The walking continued to the point that I ended up sleeping with my iPod earbuds on. I finally fell asleep about midnight only to wake up at 1:30 a.m. to the person still walking above me. It turned out to be one of the most miserable sleeping experiences I have ever had at any hotel. After dozing off and on until 4:00 in the morning, I gave up and got dressed. When I went down to check out, there was no one at the front desk so I left my key and used the ATM. On my way out the front door, I ran into the clerk who was standing outside smoking a cigarette. I was in the lobby long enough to be noticed, but she continued standing there smoking. When I saw her, she offered to go inside to print my receipt but I opted to continue on as I just wanted to get the hell out of there. I then made my way back through town and ten miles down the road to I-95 south. Even though the staff was very polite and friendly, and the hotel itself was clean, I will not be staying here in the future. On a scale of 1-10 of horrible stays, it was clearly an 8.

Room Tip: If you're driving the I-95 corridor, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Patricia N.
We thank you for sharing your personal experience while visiting our hotel! Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff, cleanliness of our rooms, well stocked kitchens and our nice selection of channels offered on our tv's. We do take pride in our hotel and are pleased these
made an impression on you!
Our hotel is NOT near I-95. We do not advertise being close to it. In the future, to make your travel stop easier, may we suggest exit #49. There are 17 hotels right there on that exit to choose from. Candlewood Suites do not have restaurants. That has always been a standard for all of them. We do not advertise having a restaurant, so are a little unsure why you expected one? We are actually located in the heart of the shopping and restaurant district. A very desirable location for our guests staying in this area.
We are so sorry your "upstairs" neighbor was so heavy footed! I travel a lot, and definitely understand how you feel about "outside noises" Here are a few tips I have picked up on my travels to help this: Roll a towel up and place it in front of the door base, helps drown out the door slams, I always put the fan on the AC in the "on" position, this will allow it to run constantly. I have even turned on the fan on the microwave (if so equipped) to create that white noise sound. And my best tip: There is an AP on the IPHONE specifically made for white noise! It is awesome and has worked for me many times...and it is FREE!
Our night auditor usually does take her break around 4am, and said she did see you at the ATM, but did not want to walk up on you until you were done :) And ITZ next door indeed is a restaurant/sports bar. Definitely not a strip club! We would never refer anyone to such an establishment! But, it is not for everyone, merely just a convenient option a lot of our guests love!
We do appreciate the good comments regarding the hotel it's self, and hope you r travels are always safe!!

Adam Collier

Been to Candlewood Suites Fayetteville? Share your experiences!