“Great Staff, Great Prices But I Will Not Return” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 49 hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Staff, Great Prices But I Will Not Return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I was in town for work for 2 weeks, so this hotel offered very reasonable rates and extended stay features such as kitchenette. The hotel had only recently opened, so all facilities were clean and in prestine condition.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, even assisting me with some printing issues of some work documents I needed and arranging cleaning my room on a non-scheduled day because I'd accidentally left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.

Location is good because it's not right along the major highways or main streets but only a block away to the main street that takes you to the mall, restaurants, and a Starbucks, and only a couple blocks to access Ft Bragg expressway. For restaurants, I'd suggest one that's very nearby, The Mash House. It is a brew house where you can sample neat homebrews (to include cherry and blueberry!) and the menu was extensive and surprisingly great. I've reviewed it as well.

Also, within an hour are interesting things to do--I toured a couple of Civil War Battlegrounds and went the the quaint but great Ava Gardner museum in Smithville where there is also a not-so-impressive outlet mall. Myrtle Beach is only a couple hours away, but I did not have enough time to go there.

Three complaints leading to why I will never stay here again:
1. It was very loud outside my window on Thurs-Sat nights because there is a bar/club on the other side of the small parking lot. DEFINITELY get a room on the front side of the hotel.
2. The front of the hotel faces a golf driving range--with NO NETS to shield cars in the parking lot from stray balls. So this eliminates the safety of parking in the front parking lot.
3. My only other complaint is how unbelievably slow the elevator was. There were only 4 floors, but it was so slow it was always quicker to just use the stairs, which was further for me since I was so near the elevators.

SO--if you don't mind parking in the back of the hotel, and if you're able to get a guarantee of a room at the front of the hotel Thurs-Sat night and if you don't mind a slow elevator and/or you can get a room near the stairwell, this would be a great place to stay. Otherwise, there are probably better options as there are many hotels in the same area.

Room Tip: Front of hotel, near stairwells
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

CLEAN, Comfortable, Safe. Stopped here with two kids on the way back to NY from FL. The rooms are huge and have all the comforts of home (including a kitchenette). The staff was very friendly and again, this place is CLEAN! It's pricey, in my opinion, but worth it.

• Stayed April 2011
Atsugi, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was evacuated back to the US from Japan. I was traveling with three children and didn't want to burden family. I must say that I have stayed in many hotels, but never felt like I was a part of the family of the hotel personnel. The staff are friendly, helpful and happy to be there. I never encountered anyone with an attitude. The hotel is CLEAN! The rates are reasonable and if you stay here you will never regret it. It is a great location Fayetteville. I can get to school on Bragg in 15 minutes w/ traffic or a Walmart in 5. I can control my temperature, not just L, M, or H. The beds are inviting and I fell into them evey night. I need a set of those sheets! Did I mention free laundry facilities? I have nothing but great things to say about the Candlewood Suites!

Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

The place was recently opened. The entire staff, from house keeping to management, was verry friendly and helpfull. The rooms are nicely laid out.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Brand new (1 month old when we checked in ) free washer and dryer, outdoor grill, toaster oven available for overnight.
Staff is excellent. ( Thank you Nakia )
Lot of restaurants and stores are close on McPherson church road, Skibo and Bragg blvds, National chains and local
BUT
Pull all of your stuff out of you vehicle. I lost my camera and GPS. we heard several others did also.
Get a room on the driving range side as the bar ( ITZ )is extremely loud. As is the artillery range at Ft Bragg.
Most of the guests are contractors or military.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Incredible staff, house keepers included I've never felt the hospitality that I felt. This is my new favorite in the Fayetteville area. Great location local amenities in abundance. Next time I expect a hug. :-) thanks Fayetteville candlewood.

Room Tip: Worth every penny newest in town great property
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Seriously, This is a wonderful place to stay. It is clean and quiet. The staff is courteous and friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
It was completely enjoyable and I plan on staying there everytime I come to Fayetteville>
Thank you all so much!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Fayetteville? Share your experiences!