I was in town for work for 2 weeks, so this hotel offered very reasonable rates and extended stay features such as kitchenette. The hotel had only recently opened, so all facilities were clean and in prestine condition.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, even assisting me with some printing issues of some work documents I needed and arranging cleaning my room on a non-scheduled day because I'd accidentally left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.
Location is good because it's not right along the major highways or main streets but only a block away to the main street that takes you to the mall, restaurants, and a Starbucks, and only a couple blocks to access Ft Bragg expressway. For restaurants, I'd suggest one that's very nearby, The Mash House. It is a brew house where you can sample neat homebrews (to include cherry and blueberry!) and the menu was extensive and surprisingly great. I've reviewed it as well.
Also, within an hour are interesting things to do--I toured a couple of Civil War Battlegrounds and went the the quaint but great Ava Gardner museum in Smithville where there is also a not-so-impressive outlet mall. Myrtle Beach is only a couple hours away, but I did not have enough time to go there.
Three complaints leading to why I will never stay here again:
1. It was very loud outside my window on Thurs-Sat nights because there is a bar/club on the other side of the small parking lot. DEFINITELY get a room on the front side of the hotel.
2. The front of the hotel faces a golf driving range--with NO NETS to shield cars in the parking lot from stray balls. So this eliminates the safety of parking in the front parking lot.
3. My only other complaint is how unbelievably slow the elevator was. There were only 4 floors, but it was so slow it was always quicker to just use the stairs, which was further for me since I was so near the elevators.
SO--if you don't mind parking in the back of the hotel, and if you're able to get a guarantee of a room at the front of the hotel Thurs-Sat night and if you don't mind a slow elevator and/or you can get a room near the stairwell, this would be a great place to stay. Otherwise, there are probably better options as there are many hotels in the same area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites Fayetteville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Fayetteville Hotel Fayetteville