“Nice; Far from I-95” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
DC
“Nice; Far from I-95”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Needed an overnight suite and this was very nice. Location is far from the highway though. You go through some shady areas to get here. There were beggars on the corners at some intersections. The hotel was located near lots of restaurants, a mall, and a grocery store which was convenient.

The hotel itself was very nice. Very modern decor and clean. The one downside was the room had an echo as though the building had no installation. Amenities were nice. Buffet breakfast was just okay but edible.

I'd stay again. Room and hotel was very clean.

• Stayed March 2013
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
From your Home2 Suites Fayetteville team, THANK YOU for being our guest. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and shared your great experience with others to see. If we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to call on us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Wildwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Folks,

Have great things to say about my experience twice at this hotel. Great hospitality and Friendly service! I really liked the hotel staff genuinely modeling great hospitality behaviors. They were welcoming, friendly, bubbly and accomondating. Hilton should be proud of them.

Room Tip: Astute staff and accessible parking! I stayed at this hotel on two different occassions within two w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay on TripAdvisor and offering such kind words. We will be sure to share this with our team during our next morning huddle. We are pleased to know that on both visits our staff was right on and know that we will continue to do so moving forward. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Home2 - i am a loyal Hilton HHonors member.
I was truly impressed with the hotel. This hotel was comfortable and very clean - smelt good too.
Rooms and amenities were very good, front desk employee's were very helpful.

My only reason I did not give them a 5 star is because the continental breakfast can be upgraded - you can get the same breakfast at another Hilton Property, Hampton Inn.
That's a minor concern.

I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
From all of us here in Fayetteville, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Our team takes great pride in our property and we are pleased to know that shines through. If we can ever be of further assistance, don't hesitate to let us know.
Ipswich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times as my son attends Methodist University. The service we receive here has been consistent, and should be noted that if you are looking for a Hilton property to stay in while in Fayetteville, this IS the best choice. However, having said that there are some things that would prevent me from staying here if I had other options......like a Homewood or a quality Hampton.

First, it has and continues to be an issue for me that when arriving and/or approaching the front desk there has NEVER been a person there to greet me. They are always behind the glassed in large window behind the desk and have to wait for them to come out front and/or they are behind the glass window visiting and chatting with co-workers and have to wait.

Second, I will note, however, for the first time this last visit the woman working the breakfast buffet did greet us upon our arrival and explain to us what was on the buffet. I still want to note that this buffet is NOT like any other Hampton...Homewood Suite buffet....and in fact, we never stay here if our kids are with us because they do not like what is typically offered......except of course for the individual Nutella packets. They typically have three types of cereal....sweet (looks like Apple Jacks), healthy (Cheerios)..... And healthiest.....(granola); yogurts......bananas...bread choices and two items that are microwaveable as well as hard boiled eggs...mango flavored water..well, you get the idea.

The rooms have always been clean and housekeeping has never been an issue because I typically prefer not to have housekeeping come into the room and make the bed. If I need fresh towels I usually ask at the front desk.

Some have mentioned a noise. The noise that has bothered us in the past typically has come from the rooms near the air conditioning units in the front of the building. I now try and ask for a room closest to the elevator to prevent this from happening.

Also, make sure you have them check your keys before heading up to your room. More times than not, I have had to return because the keys have not worked. This typically has happened when I e-check-in.

Again, if you're a Hilton Member and are looking for a reasonably priced hotel that includes breakfast this IS the place to stay. Again, if the kids are not with us, we ALWAYS stay here because we know what to expect.

Room Tip: Close a room closest to the elevator and on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feed back. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that when visiting Fayetteville, we will be your hotel of choice again. Until then, safe travels.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been staying at the Home2 Suites since December 19, and will be checking out on January 3 because we cannot handle the noise at the hotel any longer. Not sure what it is, but it sounds like a herd of elephants over our heads. We have complained about it, and the hotel staff have been great and have tried to accomodate us, but it has something to do with how the hotel was built - walls and floors not insulated or solid.

The hotel itself was very nice, clean and fairly new. Nice size "kitchen" with a full refrigerator, huge microwave and dishwasher. Plenty of room for a family. The staff were great and very pleasant. Too bad about the noise, really spoils a good extended stay hotel.

Only other problem was housekeeping - never figured out the schedule - which was very strange. I think I had to request service when I needed it.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor, so you don't hear the pounding above your head - BUT only if you don'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Valued Traveler;
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and thin walls. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to reach me at your convenience at 910-223-1170 ext 4905.

Best,
Shane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Weird new concept by Hilton.
Location: not in a great part, tricky to get to, needs a sign that says "enter here"

Check in: friendly and quick
The hotel has a lot of seating outside and inside that almost insinuates that there is a restaurant, but there isn't one.

Room: clean, modern. Very comfortable sheets. Has a New York City condo feel. NO Amenities! I don't understand this. If its a home concept there should be conditioner in the bathroom. Instead there is shampoo and body wash dispenser in the shower-no conditioner. Cheap cheap cheap! I'm not at a gym, I'm at a hotel.

Check out; I'm a diamond member, I did not receive a check out bill under my door. When I went downstairs, the girl was not friendly, the guy who was with her did not even look up, he was on the computer on Wikipedia.

I will not return, this concept is not for me.

• Stayed December 2012
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with both our front desk and housekeeping to ensure that we correct all issues mentioned. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service.

Thank you again for your comments.
Lampasas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed three weeks in the Home 2 Suites. It is new and clean, but that is ALL we can say "nice" about it. It is a VERY cheaply built building that must have NO insulation in the walls, ceilings or floors. One can hear and feel every movement in the surrounding rooms. It was not difficult at all to know what was on the TV in the rooms on either side of ours. The room had plenty of dishes, cups, and glasses. It also had a dishwasher and a full size refrigerator, but NO cook top or oven.....WHY?? The color scheme in the building must have been selected by a color-blind drunk. I have pleaded with our travel agent to NEVER book any of our employees into this facility again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We want to Thank You for sharing your experience you had with us back in July. Your comments have helped us to work on correcting this matter. We do hope that should the opportunity arise, you will give us another chance on a future stay. Thank you again for your feed back.

Best,
Shane

Been to Home2 Suites Fayetteville? Share your experiences!