“New and clean, good staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“New and clean, good staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I really like the theme/concept for this new (to me at least) brand of Hilton hotel. We had a long room with a curtain to pull between the bed and seating area - it had an Ikea-like modern feel and included an in-room sink/bar, microwave and a nearly full size refrigerator. Good value - I'll be looking for Home2 Suites in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear C and K,
Thank you for great review you provided. As you mentioned, the property is new concept for Hilton and has become quite popular with the traveler. Spacious rooms along with a great staff make for a great guest experience. Be sure to check for us in other locations as the brand is growing quickly with 7 currently open and more to come soon. On your next visit to Fayetteville, we look forward to hosting you as our guest.
Best,
Shane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I travel a ton and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel concept. There is a wall of storage to include shelving and drawers. There is a small kitchen area and a massive flat-screen TV with DirectTV service. There is plenty of room to work or host several for dinner. The bathroom is a little tight. I stayed for two nights however I would be comfortable staying here for weeks.

This is one of the best thought-out hotel rooms on the market and I highly recommend the new and modern location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and noticed the great working spaces provided. We know you have many lodging choices when visiting the Fayetteville area and are pleased to know that you would stay with us again on a future visit. Until then, safe travels and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I travel a lot and usually stay at Hilton and Marriott hotels. This place was a pleasant surprise because there were three of us traveling and so we had a room with three beds plus having the kitchenette was very useful when traveling with a senior citizen who needs to keep certain medicines cold. Overall experience was very positive and service was good. I used my Honor points to stay at this hotel and didn’t have any issues with that process either. The only thing I would change would be the free breakfast area. There isn’t a lot of room to maneuver due to a long table and chairs so close to the selection of food so when you get more than a handful of people wanting breakfast it becomes a “traffic jam”. I would stay there again and like the concept of the “Home2 suites”.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Traveler;
Thank you for staying with us while you were in town. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast area and will look into improving the experience moving forward. Come back and stay with us again next time you are in Fayetteville.
Safe travels,
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Hotel is new. Lobby is modern. Check in was a breeze. Studio Suite spacious. Bathroom was a tab bit on the tight side. Our bedding was clean, smelled fresh and snuggly warm. Location was in the midst of everything, shopping and restaurants. I would stay there again if overnight travel is required. I am a Hilton Honors member and typically stay at Garden Inns but for the same price, Home2 is a better bargain, for now.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear Camalot50;
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience and feed back regarding your past stay with us. We are pleased to know that we met your expectations and hope that on your next visit to Fayetteville, the Home2 Suites will be your hotel of choice. Until then, happy travels!
home
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Blinding beautiful lobby with 60's throwback Mike Myers whatshisname movie formula. Yet..the bedding smelled ...ask for new bedding when you check in trust me..the Army stays here often and the staff knows that..smelly bedding compared to a tent and sand smell like a Saint..

Room Tip: breakfast is a microwaved bagel with chips and a cereal bar Hilton is testing these for military lo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Valued Traveler;
Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back pertaining the Home2 Suites Fayetteville. I apologize that you didn't enjoy the bedding. In fact, we get huge reviews from our guests for the bed linens and they can be purchased for home use. We take great pride in our hotel service and offerings and apologize again if we did not meet your expectations. The Home2 Suites is a mid tier extended stay concept and although located in a military market, the hotel was not designed for the military in specific and future properties won't be located in just military markets. In fact, there are two locations open that are in down town markets such as Baltimore Maryland and River Walk San Antonio. I will be happy to discuss your stay in greater detail via telephone if you would like to reach out to me at your convenience. I can be reached at 910-223-1170 Ext 4905. Again, my sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I'm in a wheelchair and I requested a handicap room, but all the handicap rooms were taken. Since the bathrooms are not handicap accessible I could not get my wheelchair close to the tub, I can roll straight to the toilet and that's it. I requested a shower chair everyday that I was there I was never provided a shower chair. Oh.... If you aren't completely satisfied, let us make it right or that night is on us. NOT TRUE AT ALL. False Advertisement....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Dear BG1_32;
Again we would like to extend our apologies for not having a handicap room available during your time of travel. It is our number one goal to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable experience while staying with us. Although we did not have a handicap room available, we did have the room type that you reserved online available and did see in your reservations comments that you would like a handicap room if available. Our guest service team did their best to find a handicap room, however they were already occupied by other guests that did request and book that specific room type. With that being said, all of our shower chairs were in use by other guests and is certainly some thing we will look further into having more on hand as to not run into this problem again in the future. The Home2 Suites Fayetteville does live by their guarantee and we have issued a credit to your credit card for one nights room and tax. Again, we do apologize for the issue you experienced.
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Management and front desk clerks seem to not be prepared for a crisis situation. During my stay, there was an electrical storm and the power went out at the Hotel. The lightning did not directly hit the hotel or any of its components. It just knocked the power out for approximately 30 minutes or so. The power was restored but the Direct TV wasn’t, even after two nights, and three days later when I checked out. The front desk clerk indicated each time that “they were working on getting it restored”.
To top things off, once the power was restored, it did not include power to the elevator or back door hotel entrance. Needless to say, I was not happy with the fact of now being on the third floor. The first day I took it as an opportunity to get my exercise walking up and down the stairs. But on the 2nd day and on my last when I had to drag my entire luggage down those stairs it no longer became fun exercise. The elevator was still out at my checkout on the 3rd day and I was informed once again by the front desk clerk that “they were working on getting the power restored”.
Strangely enough, their sister hotel just next door (Homewood Suites) had all power restored within 15 minutes or so and their “Cable TV”, “Elevator” and back door hotel entrance was working just fine.

Room Tip: Room was good minus the fact that the Direct TV service was out my entire stay.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feed back in regards to your recent stay with us here at the Home2 Suites by Hilton Fayetteville. I do apologize for the issues that you experienced. The property did actually have a direct hit from the lightning storm which caused the elevators and the DTV not to work correctly. Our vendors were called immediately the night of the storm and technicians were dispatched to the property to evaluate and correct the problems. Due to the severity of the hit, the satellites were blown out and the electrical boards to the elevators were destroyed. Because all of the boards were affected from the storm, the service technician needed to have extra boards shipped in to repair the elevators. This was the same situation with the DTV. The Hilton Garden Inn next door was not impacted as the lightning did not hit the property directly and they also run off of hard wire cable versus satellite for tv service.
Please contact me directly at 910-223-1170 Ext. 4905 or feel free to email me at h2fayetteville@lbaproperties.com and I will be more than happy to offer a service recovery for the issues you experienced. Again, we do apologize and understand how frustrating it was, however hope that you will give us another chance. I look forward to hearing from you,
Shane Bussino

Been to Home2 Suites Fayetteville? Share your experiences!