“Hilton... what were you thinking?” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Hilton... what were you thinking?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I'm a diamond with Hilton so you can trust this review.

This is a new property so the issues I bring up do not reflect on the staff only on the Hilton Home 2 Suites concept except for the pubic hairs in my toilet and shower.

First off don't expect any kind of upgrade etc if you are a Diamond as the best your going to get is a wooden chip which is redeemable for peanuts or water ! I don't live half my life in Hilton hotels for peanuts! Also there was no USA Today at mu doorstep as with any Hilton there is always a USA Today for any Hilton Honors member.

Second the room King Studio Suite is small, but well equipped. There is an above average Stainless steel fridge, dishwasher and microwave, cool modern beverage glasses, plates etc. The bathroom has a ok shower with built in shampoo and conditioner dispensers, but it's small. TV is nice, as is the flooring, tile, bedding, and most of the interior. Overall the layout of the room is not the best as there are way to many shelves, and due to the minimalist design you see exposed telephone, lamp, tv wires everywhere.

Second a curtain does not count as a wall nor deems this a suite as the separation between the bed and living area. The alarm clock is impossible to set and the shower stall door is very low and poorly constructed.

There are some aspects of the overall building that I could take issue with, but I will overlook them as I feel this was a LEEDS type project and required the use of recycled materials/green building practices i.e I think the counter tops are recycled plastic.

The lobby is small, too modern and confusing. What I mean is there is a business center but it looks like a college physics lab, and I wasn't sure if there was a printer in the cabinet or if it was some co-ed's locker. There are few too many places to eat as you are forced to sit a long communal table with other guest and there are no separate tables for individuals who wish to dine alone,

There is a recycling bin in the lobby and the entire focus of the hotel seems more on being green than customer comfort. I just flushed the toilet three times as it has a weird two button configuration on top and I wasn't sure what was going on there, but it looks like you press one button for #1 and well you get the picture.

There were pubic hairs in my toilet when I arrived in my room also there were pubic hairs in my shower stall as well.

The fitness room is nice but it shares somewhat the same area with the laundry room. This is hard to explain, but there is a guy doing his laundry watching a lady on the treadmill and they are in the same room just that the laundry machines are hidden away, but not really, whatever it's a little strange I must move on.

Breakfast is a joke, and I'm serious! It's cheap poorly done with very little to choose from. If this is an extended stay hotel then the breakfast should be better than your standard Hampton Inn....it's much worse and I wish I had stayed at a Hampton Inn as the selection of items was so skimpy I passed on eating all together.

If I had to sum up the Home 2 Suites I would say imagine if Starbucks or Apple built a hotel, if you like that concept you'll enjoy the Home 2 Suites.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
H2GMFayetteville_NC, General Manager at Home2 Suites Fayetteville, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear Mr. Braskey,
I want to begin by extending a sincere apology in regards to your recent stay with us here at the all new Home2 Suites by Hilton Fayetteville. This is certainly not the service that we deliver. Please know that we take your feed back very serious and I have looked into this situation personally. This is truly an isolated incidence and I would like to discuss this with you further at your convenience. I have gone through our reservation system and I am unable to pull up any stay information for you in March - perhaps this could have been booked under another guest name?

I also wanted to respond to some of your concerns that you addressed regarding the brand and hopefully give you a better understanding of who we are. Because the hotel is an all suite hotel, there are not any room upgrades because all rooms are identical in set up. We do our very best to honor all request such as smoking preference, bed type, floor level, etc. With the Hilton "My Way" program, if a guest chooses the snack option, a token is given that can be turned in at that time or later for a bottle of water and a choice of 1 snack item or guests can choose bonus points for their stay. The hotel does provide complimentary USA Today, however they are located in the Oasis and are not left in front of the room. This is certainly some thing that we are happy to do should a guest request this. You are correct in saying the hotel has a emphasis on being "green" - this is just our way of making an impact on the environment, however we don't ever want our guests to feel that they are less important. We value you as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member and as a guest of our hotel.

I do hope that you will reach out to me by contacting at the hotel (910-233-1170 Ext 4905) and that you will give us another chance on a future visit to the Fayetteville market.

Again, thank you for your feed back and I hope to hear from you soon.

Shane Bussino - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I stayed at the Home2 Suites this past weekend while in town for a wedding. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. The rooms was really nice. They have a full size fridge, dishwasher as well as they provide you with plates, silverware etc. The bed was very comfortable and I was impressed with the large flat screen and the various cable channel selections. The couch is also a pull out bed. My only minor issue was that I was traveling with a small child under the age of two and the bathroom in our room only had a shower and not a bathtub. I am not sure if all the rooms are like that but mine was. The bathroom is also small. But it was still nice none the less. Also I was not sure if you were suppose to request housekeeping because its a "green" hotel but they never came. Which wasn't that big of a deal because we used the same towel during the duration of our stay. The breakfast was your typical breakfast although they did offer several different types of dried fruits and such for your cereal which I enjoyed. Its also in a good location within 2 miles of the mall, several drug stores and a wide variety of eating establishments. I would most certainly recommend this hotel to others and would return again if I need to stay in a hotel while in Fayetteville.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Kimberton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We are driving from Philadelphia to Orlando and needed to find a hotel to accommodate 3 adults and 2 little children (ages 2 and 6). After looking all over Orbitz and Google for a room that was suite-like, I happened to come across this hotel. I am *so* glad I chose this hotel. It's amazing. I can't say enough great things about it. It's amazingly clean, super friendly staff, amazing rooms. There are 2 huge awesome flat screen tvs in addition to the extremely nice and modern kitchen. The pool is simply nice and inviting, as is the gym. And this all comes with a complimentary breakfast. I truly hope more of these particular hotels start to show up. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Home2 Suites Fayetteville? Share your experiences!