“Hotel of the banging doors. Not sure what the rave is about.” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 49 hotels in Fayetteville
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hotel of the banging doors. Not sure what the rave is about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Before writing this review, I had to go back and reread other's reviews, as my opinion seems to be in the minority. I will also say that I am a big fan of Holiday Inn Express, however, this place was NOT the gem in the HIE portfolio. Stayed here for 5 days at the end of March in a time frame that included both weekend and weekdays. I had minimal interaction with the front desk whose staff seems to be the biggest asset to this hotel. Although, for those who like breakfast in the morning, this one had more variety than most and the eating area was pleasant and well tended to. The hotel was a renovated, old building with limited parking and the initial impression of my room was that it was not too clean. Housekeeping had to come and change the food stained, torn bed-skirts which they did on request. When I pulled the sheets down, I found pieces of candy which suggested that the bed had not been changed before my arrival, prompting another call to housekeeping. The carpeting in the room was lumpy to walk on and the walls sported at least 10 coats of paint. The remote was one of the "germ free" variety which was "basic" and had limited functionality. There was a natural gas access point on the "quiet side" of the hotel which provided a constant hissing sound. The "workout area" was small and one had to climb around others on the treadmill to get to the furthest machine. I should have taken more seriously the Trip Advisor comment of one guest who mentioned this noisy door thing in a prior review. These hotel doors close with a resounding bang; you can hear them from all ends of the hall. In fact, these are the loudest hotel doors I have ever heard. The absolute worst part of this banging door " disrupted sleep" experience was the fact that at 5 am on a Sunday, the banging doors in the hallway went on for more than an hour. I finally had to look out to see who it was thinking there it must be a family of four or group staying next door leaving early. I was incredibly surprised to see that it was the maintenance man going in and out of the utility closet adjacent to my room. Really? I stay in Fayetteville at least once a month and have never returned.

Room Tip: Stay at another place if you are looking for "quiet".
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
First, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. We strive to offer the best and again I am very sorry that we feel below your expectations. Providing a clean and quiet room is one of our top priorities and hearing that those standards were not met truly saddens us. I’m not sure why the schedule maintenance was there so early as he is not schedule till 6am however I want to send our deepest regret that you would disturbed. I know that our doors are quite heavy and if not closed properly can make a much louder noise then necessary. Our hotel does have 98 parking spots and it’s unfortunate you were unable to find the parking lot as ample as we try to make it and accommodate all of our guests needs. I want to ensure you that all issues have been addressed and we will make certain that no one experiences these issues. We were glad however, that you were able to enjoy the variety and service provided for your breakfast each morning you were here. I would like to ask that you give us another try and we promise that we won't let you down again.

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Holiday inn express can be hit or miss. This hotel is the best express i have seen so far. Its very clean an well kept. Includes a nice hot breakfast and free wi-fi. The location is perfect for business travelers or military visiting Fort Bragg. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. Free cookies every afternoon!! Complaints: the gym was super tiny, no free weights.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We greatly appreciate it, and we will continue to pursue ways to make your stay more enjoyable. Please come back and visit us again real soon. We will be waiting for you!

Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Check-in was easy. Receptionist was great. The rooms were very clean. Beds hard. Shower freaking amazing. Water pressure with the big shower head will put you to sleep standing up. Breakfast was yummy!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. The staff and I appreciated reading your positive comments surrounding your experience. Our staff takes great pride in not only the hotel, but their service as well. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you have another opportunity to visit us again.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I rarely write reviews but this is the best holiday inn express I've been to so far. I am very impressed by the professionalism and friendly staff here, particularly Jenny and Zina. Both staff members ensured my reservation was well taken care of, all while handling multiple guests and a barrage of phone calls.The property is very clean and sports a modern look. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel. It is certainly our goal to provide clean rooms with friendly, efficient service and it is always a joy for me to hear when we have met that goal. Thank you for staying with us! We certainly hope to see you again soon.

White Township
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 17 days for business. Some people would say, "you poor soul." On the contrary, it was great. The desk staff was always cheerful and asked to help out anyway they can. The maid service was fantastic. The breakfast crew and meal always did the trick. The hotel was very clean and well managed. I never had any problems with parking. Any service render by this establishment was exceptional. I would definitely make the trip back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments concerning your stay. Our staff works very hard to provide clean, comfortable accommodations and it is certainly rewarding for the staff and me to hear such kind words of praise. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Everything was as ir should be. Staff was friendly and efficient. Rooms a d public Reas were clean. Breakfast was actually as good as a buffet can get. It had sausage, bacon, hot scrambled eggs, cereals and more. Oh, they had an omelet station too. Not bad at all, even if it weren't free. You could also order from the menu, if you did want to pay, but why would you.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel. It is certainly rewarding to hear you found the hotel clean and comfortable, the staff helpful and friendly. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your arrival.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

While this hotel is spotless, contemporary, and very comfortable, the staff is what makes this hotel worth it. From the moment I stepped into the hotel the first time (hoping to check in an hour early - no problem!) to the minute I walked out the last, the staff at the front desk, servicing the breakfast, or housekeeping were a step above average friendly. They go out of their way to make sure their guests are comfortable and happy. We were only 2 rooms away from the elevator, but hardly had any noise. It is extremely convenient to Ft Bragg, which was the reason for my visit. My husband and I felt very comfortable here for the weekend and would definitely recommend it to anybody visiting family or friends at Ft Bragg, looking for a close, quality hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
nsmehta1, Internet Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
What a wonderful description of our hotel and staff. Thank you so much for your review. Our goal is to make certain all our guests’ needs are met and to make that unique and perfect experience while here with us. We want to always take great care of you so please let us know the next time you are heading this way, and we promise to make you feel even more welcome.

Internet Marketing Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fayetteville - Ft. Bragg? Share your experiences!