“I could have done better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1957 Cedar Creek Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28301 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Orlando, Florida
“I could have done better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I ended up here because I couldn't stand the smell of the rooms at the Econolodge. I travel with a pet. There was a large dead beetle in the sink area. Then later I looked up and there was another large beetle on the ceiling under the room fan. I killed that one. The bathroom needed repair badly, and the bathtub rug had holes in it. Several bugs flying around the room. I won't stay at this place again.

• Liked — Easy access to I-95
  • Disliked — Bugs in the room, bathroom in disrepair
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
cocoa beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

This is pretty decent for a pet friendly place. You get a fairly large room with a sitting area plus a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom was reasonably clean but the grout was stained. There was a better than typical continental breakfast with eggs and a huge bowel of cut fruit. The front desk was helpful in suggesting a restaurant. There had been a storm the night before that damaged the roof slightly but they didn't start work until after 8:30 am. Overall a good deal for the price.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — the bathtub could have been cleaner
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

We had been travelling for 13 hours and needed sleep. Stopped here cause the price was right. The bed was comfy and clean and the room was small but nice. Am not sure how to describe it. It was dirty but clean. There were rooms under renovation and some completely torn apart. It was a little scary. I wouldn't recommend it unless you just need a stop over - then it is fine.
The breakfast was terrific thouhg and the staff friendly and nice.

• Liked — It was cheap, accessible and had a pool and great breakfast.
  • Disliked — The renovations and general feeling I got when there.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
pittsburgh, pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

This hotel needs some work. The room was nice, with two double beds, tv, bath, microwave oven, fridge and a small cupboard for food. The bed was comfortable, and my nights sleep was good.
Housekeeping could do a little better on cleaning the floor as i found a layer of dirt in the bathroom upon arrival.
The ice machine close to my room was not operational.
The overall appearance of the hotel grounds gave the impression of "ive seen better days" Perhaps with the doubletre going in next door, this property will get a good makeover soon?

THe front desk staff was exceptional!! Friendly, easy to talk to, very helpful. Thanks for the great service!

• Liked — Front Desk Service
  • Disliked — Room needed better cleaning
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Stratford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

We stopped in Fayetteville since the driving distance was about halfway from where we started in Florida and our home in Connecticut. We booked in advance online becasue we were limited in where we could stay since we had pets. We stayed on Feb 23, 2008, arriving in the middle of the night.

This was a basic "sleep and drive" hotel on I-95. The hotel has exterior corridors, two stories and no elevators. We had requested a room on the ground floor because we had a car full of stuff that we didn't want to leave outside overnight. We were given a room at the back of the hotel. This is apparently where the pet owners are placed because dogs can be walked behind the parking lot.

The room was relatively clean. I say "relatively" because the carpet was stained and near the window and in the corner (blocked by a table) were flecks of paint or something. However, the rest of the room was clean, although not brand new. There was a small cube refrigerator in a cabinet, a small surface with the in-room coffee and a microwave above that and then a small storage cabinet above that. That was a nicer setup than the "microwave sitting on top of refrigerator" I've seen elsewhere. Everything in the room worked fine. The high speed internet connected without a hitch.

The hotel has an ice machine that was a pretty long walk from our room since the room was in the back. This machine was broken, but the ice machine in the lobby worked. It was quite a distance to go for ice.

We slept soundly. The beds were OK. The bedding was comfortable with plenty of pillows. We didn't use the heating/cooling unit, so I have no idea how it worked. We didn't hear anyone in the other rooms, but they might have heard our kids who would not "keep it down". We didn't try the exercise room, so once again, no idea how that worked.

The breakfast is served 6-9 AM (not exactly sure of the start time). After our late arrival, we showed up for breakfast about 8:40AM. There were make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, a fruit salad, bagels, bread, muffins and so on. There were just two kinds of cold cereal - what looked like Cheerios and some kind of flakes. When we arrived, there was no waffle batter, just 2 pats of butter next to the bagels, and no cream cheese. I asked a person standing in the doorway marked "Employees Only" if there was any more waffle batter and he said "I don't know, I'll ask her". I heard him ask someone who said "I think she ran out of batter." We were still eating at 9AM when the "Breakfast Hostess" came out to clean up. She asked "Did you find everything OK?" Uh, no. She told us "Next time, ask at the desk and they'll call me if something runs out."

All employees we encountered were courteous.

• Liked — Pet-Friendly, Convenient location
  • Disliked — Distance to ice machine, breakfast food that ran out
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

On my way back to Fla with a new puppy I received over the holidays. Needed to find a pet friendly hotel. Tried this Comfort Inn and wasn't disappointed. Yes, the rooms are not by any means luxurious but the bed was comfortable, room clean and I didn't feel uncomfortable walking the puppy in the late evening. Well lite outside and open areas. Had a good nights sleep and woke ready to get on the road again. Would I stay again, easy answer YES.

• Liked — convenience to I95, pet policy
  • Disliked — meager free breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Lake City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

I always stay at Choice Hotels when possible. I was very dissappointed in this stay. Booked a non-smoking room and was given a very smoky smelling room. I had been on the road all day and was tired and didn't bother to change rooms. Both Ice machines broken. Front desk staff very unfriendly and unhelpful. The car wash that was promised on Choice website, was not working. The juice machine at breakfast was not working, with a VERY limited breakfast. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone or stay here again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!