“BEWARE ! un-inhabitable rooms.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1957 Cedar Creek Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28301 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Fayetteville
Eastchester, New York
“BEWARE ! un-inhabitable rooms.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I stayed 2 nites, One nite on my southbound journey (1/2 way New York to Orlando , one on my Northbound. Upon checking out, many other patrons were complaining about the noise and not being able to sleep. My experience is not an isolated problem.
Incident # 1) 3/5/2011 extreme noise, door slamming and partying all night.
Incident # 2) 3/18/2011 first room uninhabitable room due to intense chlorine fumes.
Incident # 3) 3/18/2011 substitute room uninhabitable room due to intense urine odor.
No other room available, I was told this was the last room.
Incident # 4) 3/18/2011 loud partying noise all night.
after compaining and writing Choice Hotels Customer Relations, I only received a form letter. Never heard from the Motel, despite customer relations assurances I would hear directly from the motel. I Noitied Coice Hotels by E-Mail and In-writng.

Room Tip: Look at the other chains in the area.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Delmar, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

When we checked in we were told we would have to pay an extra fee to stay on the first floor of the hotel. Given that I have had replacement knee surgery, this was upsetting. It is not the money, but the principal. This means that anyone with a disability, is infirm or elderly is discriminated against. Has no one every challenged this? The first 2 rooms we had during our stay, both had toilets that when you flushed the water came out the bottom all over the floor. The third room, located on the second floor, was next to 6 guys sitting outside their door drinking. At that point we got out money back and left. We have stayed at other Comfort Inns and liked them very much. We did not like this one at all. For me personally paying the extra money to stay on the first floor left a terrible taste in my mouth much more than having to change rooms.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property on Trip Advisor!
On Behalf of the Management and Staff at the Comfort Inn we want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay with us.
Your experience with us was not the quality of service that we have promised to provide to our guests. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in your case and I have personally addressed your comments with the entire staff.
We do hope you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to Fayetteville.
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We were in NC for Christmas and stayed two nights - one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end of our trip. This was not our first time staying at this hotel as our family was out in September for a family emergency.

The rooms are fine. The first night they placed us in 108 and when I asked the front office if we were in 108 she said no. Room 108 is directly underneath the stairway to the upper level and extremely noisy and since we didn't arrive until 2:00 a.m. we knew it was going to be loud in the morning. It was. The second night we were in the back where they place people who have dogs. The room smelled a little funny, heavy on the cleaning products I think, but we got used to it.

I have a couple of other comments:
More towels are needed in the rooms - 1 set is not enough for anyone.
Blankets need to come up higher on the bed. I had to untuck the blanket so it would come up to our shoulders.

There is a fridge (not that convenient of a location) micro, plenty of room to work, comfortable beds, nice linens, nice flat screen TV.

The front desk clerk the evening we arrived should take some lessons from Vicki the other front desk clerk who is so awesome. We heard she is leaving and what a loss for the Comfort Inn. Hopefully the Management will read these reviews and make appropriate changes.

All in all we like this place. With a family member living in Fayetteville, it is very convenient for our family.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
I would like to thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor! We always enjoy hearing from our guests about their stay. We thank you for the comments and the wonderful suggestions. We look forward to your return visit to the Comfort Inn in Fayetteville, NC.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

Stopped here as half way point from Florida to Jersey. Was travelling with my two dogs and was glad to see Comfort Inn allowed pets. Conveniently located right off of 95.

EVERYTHING in the room was brand new! Checked the mattress (for bedbugs)... and was happy to see the mattress was brand new, as were the comforters, the curtains, EVERYTHING in the bathroom, ie. shower tile, fixtures, shower curtain, etc. VERY clean and comfortable. High speed internet was included....$70 for room and $15 for dog charge.... absolutely worth it for a peaceful night sleep.

DEFINITELY recommend this hotel (and this coming from a clean freak!) THUMBS UP and nicely done Comfort Inn !

Nice wooded area out back to walk the dogs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
TaraInn, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
The staff here at the Comfort Inn in Fayetteville is very gracious for you review of our property! Thank you for taking the time to highlight all of the glorious reasons you should stay at the Comfort Inn. The staff is always elated to hear from our guest and their wonderful experiences here. We will continue to strive to make your home away from home a wonderful stop on all of your future visits. Again thank you!
Tenn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband worked in the area for a month. Stayed here 4 weeks:
WEEK 1: After an 11 hour trip, we arrived after midnight, hungry, tired, Our room was suppose to have been a non smoking king / handicap room but we were given a double room instead. We were literally knocked backward from the stinch of cigarette smoke that smacked us in the face upon opening the door to our room. I was sick by the time I got there due to climate change, sinus infection, not to mention I am allergic to cigarette smoke. We had to prop the door open for over an hour and turn the ceiling fan on to let as much of the smell out as possible before we could fall asleep. We both have to use CPAP machines to sleep and this smell made it hard to breath. When my husband called the desk to tell them of the smell, they said they were over booked and we couldn't move. My husband had to get up at 4 am to get ready for work, so he got very little sleep. There was one set of bath supplies in the room when we arrived. Beds were too soft for someone with a bad back and there were 5 pillows to each bed, so that tells you how small they were ( and lumpy). One pillow felt like it had walnuts in it. The bathroom was terribly small, the tub drained at a trickle, and the vent fan did not work properly. The next day, the housekeeper Shawn( I made a point of asking her name because I felt she went above and beyond her duties) came in to clean the room and immediately noticed I was sick. She asked if there was any think she could do for me. I thought to myself, "how thoughtful and sweet". I asked her if there was a Rite Aid close by so my doctor could call me in some medicine. She wasn't sure but promptly left the room to go check and then came back to finish my room. The front desk clerk called me and had the address and phone number for the pharmacy ready to give me. I thanked both of them for their prompt attention. The weather strip that suppose to close off any cracks at the bottom of the door was missing. We woke up one morning and what looked like a flying roach was crawling across the carpet. It was as long as my index finger. I have traveled enough with my husbands work that I have learned the hard way to carry bug spray, rat traps and a fly swat with me. I used everything but the rat trap. My husband reported the missing weatherstrip.
WEEK 2: we were moved to another room that was suppose to be a handicap room. I have disabilities and being in a handicap room normally makes life so much easier for me. First, the room was on the far end of the building. The room was plenty large and nice enough, but had I been in a wheelchair, the refrigerator that was stored behind two doors in a bottom cabinet would have been all but impossible to use. Also, the microwave would have been way over my head if I couldn't stand. The use of space was well intended, but not completely thought out for a handicapped person. Who ever designed the rooms should sit in a wheelchair and move about a room and try all aspects before labeling it handicapped accessible. The bathroom proved the same. It should have had a roll in shower, but it was a small to regular tub. There was a transfer seat available, but it was larger than the tub was wide, had only one rubber pad on one leg, and the other three were scratching the finish off the tub. I tried to turn it long ways but it was still too wide for the tub. I used it anyway, and was able to get a foot soaking while showering because the drain was so slow to empty. By the time my shower was over, the bathroom floor was covered in water that had run off the curtain because the tub was too small to accomodate the seat. When we were ready for bed the first night in this room, I turned down my side of the covers and there were several strands of hair scattered on the sheets. I tried to talk myself into believing they were clean but decided to sleep fully clothed and with a bath towel on my pillow. I made sure the sheets were changed the next day. My husband also witnessed the shift manager being extremely rude to a guest at the front desk one morning. They had words and the manager told the guest not to curse him. My husband said the guest never said the first curse word. He was simply making a complaint on something in his room as he checked out. The manager was the one making a scene in front of all the guest in the breakfast area. He never had his name tag on to see who he was. I also had to sign one day for my room cleaning. In all the places I have stayed, and it has been MANY through the years, I have never had to sign for service. With identity theft so rampant, it made me leary as to why she was the only one to ask for my name. I brought it to another managers attention, told her it was on a monday, and she gave me a protection reason. While she was nice enough ,I wasn't ok with the explanation she gave, but what was done, was done. I will just keep an eye on my credit report for anything unusual.
WEEK 3 and 4: I went home after two weeks, but my husband said he was put back in the first room we had for the remainder of his stay. Between the third and fourth week the weatherstrip was replaced and no more 747 roaches.
All in all, most of the staff was pleasant with exception of the one male manager, the place was clean that I saw, the pool area was well kept, breakfast was better than some places we have stayed ( boiled eggs, multiple cereals, lots of pastries, biscuits and gravy, DIY waffles, really good coffee, and juice) although the second week on the orange juice seemed watered down. As for the carpet, I NEVER walk barefoot on hotel carpet !!!!!!!! Oh, if you get to the front desk early enough, you can get a complimentary USA Today paper. I enjoyed reading one as I ate breakfast and then left it for someone else. Both rooms we had were equiped with microwave, cube refrig, single cup coffee pot with coffee and tea, hair dryer and a small room safe for a nominal fee per night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
generalmanager4, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you for your recent review on your experience at our property. I would like to ensure that each and every item has been addressed with our staff members. I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the odor, bathroom, and pillows. I can assure you that they have been addressed.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Please call me if and when your travels bring you back to the Fayetteville area.
Pa.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Room was fine as far as sleeping etc, the only trouble was the facet was dripping and couldn't shut it off and the drain plug wasn't connected up, could not put the plunger up or down.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Thank You for taking the time to write a review of your stay, we really appreciate your feedback. I would like to apologize for the maintenance issues that you experienced in your room, I have spoken with the maintenance and housekeeping team about the issues that were found. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and for staying with us, we look forward to serving you in the future.
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

We booked six rooms after having a miserable night in another hotel. What a refreshing change.

Rooms were clean and comfortable with a king size bed, flat screen TV, couch, fridge, micro and nice outdoor swimming pool. At first we thought the location was kind of far out of town but as it turns out your not but 10-15 minutes from just about anywhere in Fayetteville. The front desk staff, housekeeping and pool maintenance man were all wonderful and helpful.

Continental breakfast was just fine. Location is in the neighborhood of other hotels and restaurant and we felt safe and secure. The DoubleTree Inn next door has a great breakfast for $10.00 if your looking for a little more than a continental breakfast.

The price was good and they were able to get us all our rooms in one area and even took pets.

If your in Fayetteville and need a nice place to stay for a good price, this hotel will not disappoint.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, September 29, 2010
On behalf of Comfort Inn and staff, we would like to say thank you again for staying with us! We are always ecstatic to hear from our guest referencing our property and our wonderful staff! Your comments have been shared with staff members...we look forward to your return visit here @ the Comfort Inn I-95. Again thank you!

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!