“Worth the search” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Tennessee
“Worth the search”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Had a hard time finding this restaurant since it is tucked behind shops in a shopping center. I had an early dinner on a Tuesday afternoon, no crowds, good service. Outstanding salad with yummy hot bacon dressing, croissant dripping with melted honey butter came with my meal of skewered shrimp with bacon and slathered with BBQ sauce. Also came with a side. I chose sweet potato fries. Other than the shrimp being a bit overcooked, it was good, but my choices made it all a bit too sweet. I think I would go back, but choose something else.

Visited June 2013

Clayton, North Carolina
“great food good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stop here each time I'm in the area, I met some family members here for supper on a Sunday night, was seated as soon as we walked in, food was great every thing from a burger to chicken was great, the only issued was service once we were seated we had to ask for drink refills.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beckley, West Virginia
“Great place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Anytime we stay at Emerald Isle we love to eat at Rucker John's or as we like to call it RJ's. Probably the best thing about this place is the service. The service is always friendly and helpful. The food is very good with a few exceptions.. The decor is nice. The price is decent. If you are going to Emerald Isle you should eat here.

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of our mainstays when in Emerald Isle. Food consistently very good. Been coming here for over 20 years.

Visited July 2013
Keithville, Louisiana
“Really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Came here after reading Trip Advisor reviews. Very glad we did. I had the lightly breaded shrimp. Delicious! you can actually taste the shrimp not just the breading. My son had the tuna. He said it was cooked to perfection. No fishy taste. My daughter in law had the shrimp and grits. She said they were really good. The honey butter croissants are really good.