“Great beach, not great hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Islander Inn & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Emerald Isle
Islander Inn & Suites
You added Islander Inn & Suites to your Saves list
102 Islander Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Emerald Isle
Denver, Colorado
“Great beach, not great hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed here 2 nights for a wedding. It seemed the first floor rooms were slightly better, but all the standard rooms were dungeons. You also had to use the kitchen area as the bathroom vanity- love putting on makeup by a fridge. The towels were slim & we had to get an iron from the front desk but they did not have ironing boards. The mattresses were covered in plastic covers... due to sand or bedbug prevention? Also, when booking rooms, do so in the daytime because they don't have a night front-desk person. With all that negativity, I must say that the suites are beautiful! The wedding couple stayed there & the bathroom was huge & remodeled, the kitchen was cute & new, & the ocean view was so lovely. So if you go & stay in a suite- you will be very pleased. Otherwise, stear clear.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Most of Emerald Isle contains houses so this is a good place to stay with a spouse or small family. The room was clean but missing a few staple items which the cleaning staff quickly fixed. The access to food,walking/biking trail and beach is great.

The pool is nice but not heated, since rooms are rented off-season it would be nice to have a heated pool when people can't access the ocean. The lights outside the rooms make it feel safe but they are extremely bright.

This hotel (condo units) is pricey for young folks or anyone on a budget. For such high prices I would hope to have a free breakfast but the beach access must be the reason for the cost.

• Stayed September 2010
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I went to visity my boyfriend who is stationed at New River and it was a great experience! I felt safe having to stay by myself and the room was very comfortable! I was surprised by the size of just their standard room! A King bed, a sofa, a table and chairs, a kitchenette, and 2 flat screen tvs! The room was clean and although the staff didn't clean until around 2 or 3pm, they were very helpful in providing clean towels and discarding the trash. The couch smelled a little "different" but overall the room was clean! The bed was very comfortable! When I asked to extend my checkout time to 1pm (originally supposed to be 11) they were very accommodating and happy to grant my request! Great hotel and I would recommend it to everyone! Very close to all major roads and located in a very quaint area! 2 thumbs up! :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010 via mobile

My family and I have been coming to Emerald Isle for 20 plus years and we have always stayed at the Islander. (We have been staying here since the renovation a few years back) From the first glance the hotel is beautiful and stunning since the renovation. However, it appears they renovated the hotel and then are allowing it to fall apart again. The pool area used to be filled with plenty of seating but now the chairs are scarce and broken. No one ever straighten them (nicki (no longer with the hotel) was always on top of this) I almost fell backwards and hit my head from the broken pool chair. In all my years of being here I've never seen any bugs in the room - WELL I killed two roaches and saw several running down the walkways!!! I was shocked!!! I was unable to sleep at night due to being afraid of the bugs -- I wanted to sleep in the car, but after spending 167.00/night for the room I figured I shouldn't. The staff said there was nothing they could do about it and that was that. However, management did offer to take some money off the bill - this was a nice gesture to rectify the situation but I would have preferred a clean, bug-free room. Since this hotel appears clean on the "surface" I can only imagine what the other hotel would be like - yuck!! Its very disappointing that I've had this experience because this hotel has many many wonderful memories, but I will definitely look at other options for next year. Very unfortunate.....

• Stayed August 2010
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We booked this hotel as we were traveling and only planning to stay several nights. It is one of the few hotels in Emerald Isle. Read the reviews before booking and it seemed like the best option. Expected a lot more than what we got. The room was a huge disappointment. The floors were damp and very dirty (socks were brown after only a couple of hours.) Found a cockroach in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Found it odd that the bathroom had no sink of it's own and we had to use the same sink in the kitchenette for everything. The beds were very uncomfortable. The pool was nice, but very small. We will definitely not be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Stephens City, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

This hotel looked great on the surface. The room was spacious and clean and the close proximity to the beach was very nice. The rooms were also fairly quiet except for being able to hear people walking by and those that decided to congregate by pulling chairs from the room onto the walkway. We stayed in a second floor standard size room. It was odd to have a kitchen sized sink that served for both bathroom and kitchen functions. There was not enough storage space or places to hang items. We had no clothes hangers in the closet and had to request them from the management. Supplies seemed to be short changed. We had a half a roll of toilet paper in the room and had to ask for coffee and sugar packets several times. On more than one occassion we found the room had not been cleaned by 4pm and had to request that it be done. The key to our room was timed out a day before our departure and we had trek back the office to remedy the situation. These things were very frustrating for the amount that we paid for the room. Some of the staff seemed friendly and helpful, others seemed complelely removed. I thought is was very telling when we checked out..no one asked if we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights in July and really had a great time. This is by far the nicest hotel in the area. We loved the pool and the beach access and the arcade for the kids. We found the staff to be very pleasent during checkin & check out.. The room was very clean and the wifi worked great from the room. We will be doing this again next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Islander Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!