“Great stay for the half marathon march 29,2014” 4 of 5 stars

Islander Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   102 Islander Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Emerald Isle
Chester
“Great stay for the half marathon march 29,2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, ocean front, clean rooms, with great rates :) can't wait to return!!! This hotel was the start and finish for the 5k and half marathon, so it was a perfect location to stay
in! The beach is pristine and water is truly green, the shells were one's you don't always find! A must stay in hotel overall

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience at the Islander. We chose this hotel because of their close proximity to the half marathon I ran on March 29. They also extended a discount and late check-out for my participation in the inaugural event.

We stayed in an oceanfront king suite, ground level. It was perfect for us because we were with our two children (and I *really* needed to sleep!). Plenty of space, adorably decorated, very clean. Keurig coffee maker!! There was no actual bathtub, and our 21-month-old daughter was less than impressed with taking a shower. But that would not prevent me from selecting this exact room again. Stunning view of the ocean, and a cute patio with table and chairs.

The staff was incredibly courteous at check-in and check-out. I honestly can't think of a single complaint or suggestion for improvement! Highly recommend.

Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I Enjoyed my stay at the islander very much. I had good service and the room sizes are huge and beautiful. Very easy access to the beach and other locations. Recommend this hotel to the max. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed March 2014
Emerald Isle, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We recently stayed for the EI St. Patricks festival and had a great time! Our accommodations we clean, staff was helpful and truly our home away from home for 3 days! We can't wait to return again soon-

Stayed March 2014
Warrenton, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was the worst Motel that I have ever stayed in. Over priced. 150.00 off season rate for a room with 2 beds. The first room that I requested up stairs had no heat so I was moved down stairs . This room had no blankets, toilet constantly running , remote to the T.V. didnot work and the drain to the bath tub was partialy stopped up and the microwave was dirty. No one would give me a discount on this room.A nightmare. I would sleep in my car before I would ever stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great location steps away from beautiful beaches of Emerald Isle. One major problem....rooms are dirty and smelly. Nice pool and great location so it is a shame you can't get comfortable there. Just plain dirty. Couldn't sleep in the beds with what I saw elsewhere in the rooms. Wondered if they even changed the sheets. Even sadder is there is no management to give a hoot. Look elsewhere. Not worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Tucked behind an unsightly building is the Islander Inn & Suites. Right on the beach. The rooms are large and clean. The staff is very friendly an helpful. The view is gorgeous. The people of Emerald Isle are the best! There are coffee shops and restaurants nearby the Islander.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
islanderei, Front Office Manager at Islander Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I you will return in the future.

Been to Islander Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!