“Rude Owner” 2 of 5 stars

Description: http://ronniesfirehousegrill.com/
Elkin, North Carolina
“Rude Owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had ordered the lunch special that came with meat, coleslaw and 2 sides. I asked the waitress if I could get something besides slaw and she said ok and listed the sides for me. She mentioned some kind of peach dish, which I said would be fine. The food was mediocre at best and very basic along with being overcooked and mushy. That is because this place started out as a cafeteria and they still keep a lot of their food in those warming serving pans- a big reason why we don't go to cafeterias. The problem arose when we got the bill and was charged $1.99 extra for the peach dish. I asked why the extra charge and was told that the peach dish was a dessert. I asked to speak to the owner and explained what was told me by the waitress and he insisted that I pay the extra since it was dessert. I was very surprised that he was willing to lose customers over $1.99 but he stuck to his guns. We will not be back and I tell this story a lot to those asking us where to go eat. We noticed then that there was only one other couple in there during lunch time when they should be busy. There's a reason!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Elkin, North Carolina
“Firehouse Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Locally owned, friendly, good food and good prices. We have eaten here for lunch right after they opened and since then and it maintains good quality service/food.

Visited April 2012