“Wonderful Hotel in Wine Country” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Elkin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Hotel in Wine Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband was in a wedding in Yadkinville, NC and we drove down from Philadelphia and stayed here for two nights at the end of September. This is a wonderful hotel and I'm so glad the bride and groom reserved it, even though there were other hotels closer to where the wedding was held. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous, the free breakfast was AMAZING (had chicken and biscuits with gravy every morning), the hotel was beautifully decorated for the fall, the room was a good size, the free wifi in the room was fast, and I loved the fun use of color with the black and white patterns in the decor. There are several wineries near by, as well as lots of fast food restaurant options, and this really cool seafood/steak place (basically) next door to the hotel property. If this hotel was in or near a major metropolitan area, it'd easily be $250-$400 per night. We had a great time over the weekend and would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just got tired of driving and stopped by to see if they had a room and boy am I glad they did! The room was bigger than a lot of apartments and the bathroom was clean, well lit and huge! The king bed was absolutely like sleeping on a cloud. The next morning, I was floored by the breakfast bar that was bigger and better than most restaurants. The staff was exceptional. If a hotel manager wants to know how to draw customers into their facility, they should come and stay here for one night. I initially thought that the room was a bit pricey but that was before I actually went in the room. Definitely a four star experience at a price that was lower than most three stars with much less to offer. A definite thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is the nicest Fairfield that we have ever stayed in. We are moving to the area, and had to come back to look at real estate. The cleanliness of this hotel was remarkable. It is a very nice place whether its for business or family. Donna at the desk was a wonderful resource on the area to my family. She gave us a lot of guidance on the area.

It is also nice that they have many local wines from the area along with a variety of beers and snacks.

Room Tip: This hotel is in an excellent location of of 77.The bed and pillows are very comfortable.I would ask...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A lovely hotel. Clean, new, great staff. Lovely rooms. Great breakfast buffet. Wine for sale and gourmet ice cream. I cannot say enough good things about this Fairfield. Because of this site, I will look at other Fairfield's to see if they are as nice. Property felt brand new. Did I mention great staff?
Well done Elkin Fairfield Inn. Only drawback is that this exit does not have dining options. We ordered pizza and it was delivered in 20 minutes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Matthew D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin / Jonesville, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, and we are very glad that you had a great time. We are also glad that you will be using TripAdvisor in the future, it is a really fantastic way to let people know and to find out how others find different locations to make sure that you have the best experience while traveling.

The next time that you are in town, ask our Guest Services about local dining, Sunday and Monday a great number of restaurants are closed, but there is a lot more choice than meets the eye.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!!!

Director of Sales/Front Desk Manager
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am a Marriott Lifetime Platinum and have stayed nearly 800 nights in Marriott properties. Marriott International HQ would be wise to use this Fairfield to measure all other Fairfield Inns. Even though it's a nearly-new 5 year old property, it's in perfect shape. The lobby is decorated beyond comparison (now with a Halloween theme); beautiful courtyard with waterfall; attentive staff who goes beyond their jobs; extremely spacious rooms with elevated, luxurious, comfortable beds and thick, rich towels in the bathroom that rival what we use at home. The breakfast buffet surpasses anything I've seen at other Fairfield hotels and Residence Inns, which are supposed to be in a higher classification. Also, the breakfast attendant couldn't have been nicer. GM Michael Wilson is certainly doing something right at this property.

Room Tip: No bad rooms, although we normally ask for rooms on the top floor so no one is above us.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Matthew D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin / Jonesville, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. We are always glad to hear about a positive experience at our hotel. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us in the future!

Front Desk Manager/Director of Sales
Brighton, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

As another reviewer mentioned, I too have had some bad Fairfield experiences and was somewhat leery, Was I pleasantly surprised! This Fairfield has to rank in the top ten. Big lobby, lots of luggage carts (I always carry too much stuff with me), beautiful decor, etc., etc.
I had called because I wasn't sure when I would get in, just in case, and my room was ready as promised. Check in was fast and efficient and off I went to find my great room. Huge, with a king bed a sitting areas, two TV's, both big flat screens, a desk for computer use and a really big bathroom. I was in the front over the entry (3rd floor) and there was very little noise from the parking lot or the roadway beyond. Very comfortable bed and I got a great night's sleep.
In the morning I was greeted by just about everyone there. Usually there might be one, overworked person at these breakfasts, but here I think there were four! Real china plates, real silverware and cloth napkins. Good choices to eat, excellent bacon as well as the sausage gravy. Lots and lots of other choices, too. Comfortable seating and pleasant surroundings, a good way to start the day.
If the opportunity presents itself, I will stay here again and again.

Room Tip: I can vouch for third floor front.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words about our property. We are very glad to hear about your positive experience with us, and we look very forward to seeing you again in the future!

Front Desk Manager/Director of Sales
Suffolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We pulled into this motel around 9:00 PM or later from the interstate. It looked crowded in the parking lot, but we did get a good room. The room was clean and quiet. The whole motel looked newly remodeled or may have been new. This was our first time in this area. It has a modern décor but is very tasteful even for country folks that aren't that modern.
The people were great. The lady that checked us in reminded me of someone at home which was a good feeling after being on the road for a week.
The breakfast was very good at this motel. Some of the others should take note. We would stay here again if in the area. Would very much recommend to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin / Jonesville? Share your experiences!