“A stunner in no-man's-land.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkin
St. Petersburg, Florida
“A stunner in no-man's-land.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Whenever I travel Interstate 77 through North Crolina, I make pls to stop ay the Fairfield Inn, exit 85, Elkin, NC. It is not too far north of Charlotte.

Upon my fir visit in 2009 or so, I found this stunning property. I liked it so much, I patterned my recently purchased Condo. after the décor of this Fairfield Inn. It is that good.

Staff are oozing southern charm yet there is an uber contemporary feel going on.

The complimentary breakfast is comprehensive with hot and cold items. Rooms are a serious cut above this price-class and every inch is clean as can be. A complimentary coffee/tea/milk chocolate bar is available 24 hours per day.

I make this stop every time I travel through North Carolina!

Room Tip: My AARP card got me nto a spacious room for under $100/night!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Impressive from the minute we walked in. Lobby and lounge areas were lovely. Late night staff were very friendly and accommodating at check in. Very comfortable and spacious king bed room. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub along with breakfast in the morning (although the mixed fruit was still a little frozen). Perfect stopover hotel that helped break up a long drive home.

• Stayed July 2013
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Elkin is on our route to visit family & we don't miss an opportunity to stay here. The associates are to nicest, the room is outstanding & the hot breakfast is delicious. Room is very comfortable & no skimping on amenities.

Room Tip: All rooms excellent!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

There is much to like about this Fairfield, including very comfortable beds, and breakfast options and quality that exceed most other chains. Check in staff, despite our late arrival, was very pleasant. But please try out your A/C unit before unpacking, since this seems to be a problem at this location (since it pops up in a lot of reviews). I spent a number of minutes trying to stop the A/C unit from making the most annoying rattle, including stuffing bits of paper in key points around the vents to keep the plastic from rubbing. Are you listening Fairfield, or is there too much noise?

Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is way beyond any average hotel and goes beyond my expectations! The staff tries hard to do everything right! They even called us after checking in to make sure everything was OK in our room. Very convenient to I-77. Full breakfast is included. Very clean with very comfortable beds! We enjoy staying at this hotel when we get a chance. Try it; you will be pleased.

Room Tip: No favorite room.
London, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

After a very nice stay last year on our way back home from Florida, we thought we would stop here again for another restful evening. We arrived at 8 pm after 12 hours of driving and all we wanted was a good night's sleep before the second 12 hour drive the next day. My partner and I were up ALL NIGHT. The air conditioning unit was so loud, turning off and on constantly all night. It was impossible to sleep. We were already in bed before we realized that the air would be turning off and on all night. Even with ear plugs, we couldn't sleep. We left in the morning feeling just as tired as the previous night. When I pointed out to the front desk that I felt we had wasted $100 cause if we had just kept driving through the night, we would have been home already and no more rested than we were from our supposed good night's sleep. No discount was offered even though they were aware we were repeat clients, and that we make this trip every summer. We were told that the air will be fixed and hopefully next summer we will have a better experience with them on our next stay. Don't think so!

BTW, we overheard several other couples making the same complaints about the air conditioning units at breakfast.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay here.

My normal business trips put me in dingey motels, so I felt like I was in paradise staying at this hotel. From what the other contractors were telling me about the other hotel in the area, I'm glad I paid the extra ~$20 for Fairfield. Plus it was less than 10 minutes from the Weyerhaeuser plant.

The hotel is fairly new and kept in great condition. The whole building is non-smoking which is assures that you won't end up in a smoking room ever. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast selection was great. The room and hotel overall was very nicely decorated - in a modern style.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin / Jonesville? Share your experiences!