“Unexpected treasure in small town” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 38 restaurants in Elkin
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Elkin is the evening experience you’ve been awaiting. Enjoy dining in one of the oldest buildings in Elkin while treating your tastebuds to the culinary delights of Executive Chef Jeffery Gibbs. Our extensive wine list includes some of the most elegant boutique wines available along with the Yadkin Valley’s finest varietals. On beautiful North Carolina evenings enjoy dining in our private courtyard while listening to live jazz. Or head up to our full service wine bar for some small plates and an evening you won’t soon forget.
Lancaster
“Unexpected treasure in small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stopped in on a Friday night without a reservation and were lucky to get a seat. Place is what I would consider fine dinning. White linen, wine glasses on all tables, wait staff in classy all black. Great place for business, anniversary, special date night, birthday. They also offered casual but elegant black patio seating. We arrived in jeans/shorts and felt a bit underdressed, but host said we were fine. They offer extensive wine selection including a some local wines. We ordered 2 small plates/appetizers and shared a light meal. Out came fried green tomatoes with 3 sauces, one of which was homemade pimento cheese and a bowl of shrimp and grits. Now, my dear readers, this was THE best shrimp n grits I've had since my trip to Charleston, SC 3 years ago. I mean, I wanted to lick the bowl! So, you will find southern specialities made eloquently. They had a smoker going out back that perfumed the air with smoldering goodness. Not too far off interstate to pass up.

• Visited September 2013

84% Recommend
Elkin, NC
“Key lime pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had absolutely the best key lime pie here, and we aren't even in Florida. This amazing place, along with the atmosphere, is the best restaurant for casual fine dining in the Yadkin Valley. Yum!

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Would be a good restaurant in any major city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Lovely room, prompt and attentive service and a decent menu. The main course was a touch bland for my taste but it was good quality and freshly prepared. The appetizers are excellent. For dessert try the ice cream - locally made and tasty. Clearly the best restaurant in town - definitely worth going.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
moharaphd
“Great Meal; good (but not great) service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went here based on reviews of a friend. Lovely setting. Server was very friendly, but slightly overworked. I do not eat much at a single sitting so I had the shrimp and grits appetizer. it was really, really good, Three shrimp, a few pieces of sausage and the grits. My spouse had the flank steak and really enjoyed it as well.

We ordered a bottle of wine, which came quickly and was wonderful (Cigar Zin), but the bread and three tasty spreads (apple butter, Cheese and olive oil) took another 10 minutes to arrive and cane perhaps a minute before the entrees. So, we really didn't have much time to enjoy them.

Bottom line, we would go back; I think the server was just overloaded with tables.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Not as good as advertised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I looked forward to trying this well-reviewed restaurant with another couple. Our experience was not good. On a busy Saturday night, the service was poor and EXTREMELY slow. Three of us had meat dishes, and my wife had salmon. The salmon, when finally delivered, was cold. They clearly had timing and other problems in the kitchen. We would be unlikely to return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Twenty One and Main? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Twenty One and Main, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.