“Awesomely surprised” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
philly
“Awesomely surprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed in EC for 1 nights and passed 3 Amigos coming in to our hotel. When we got there the waiters knew everyone. The menu was great. My food was soooo good! I had the Burritos Fajitas with beans and it was out of this world. My husband got vegetarian chimichangas and he asked for no dairy on it & no problem. The cheese dip they give with the chips was really good. We also ordered the sopapillas - no ice cream since they were out - but the honey sauce was very good. Our waiter was really nice. And then we got the bill - even better!! This place was great!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Merry Hill, North Carolina
“Typical Mexican food, but satisfying”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stopped here for dinner on our way back from shopping in Chesapeake, VA. Upon seating we had warm chips with a ranch dip and separate salsa for dipping which is typical.... Decor is inviting and bathrooms were clean. Drink orders taken and delivered promptly. They had a 2 dinner special for $11.99, but you need to order from the one page which offered combos regularly priced up to $7.99. Since it was our first time here, we ordered our mainstay for comparison sake of Chimichangas and Tacos de carne asada. The Chimichanga's came with (2) and a side of beans and rice. Portion size was generous along with the sour cream and guacamole. They also included pico de gallo which we would have preferred just the fresh shredded lettuce/tomato. The pico just doesn't go with the Chimis... Sorry. The carne asada tacos included (3) with generous pieces of somewhat dry, but flavorful steak in each. It only came with the one side of rice or beans. I got the rice which was plentiful and again would have preferred having both and half the amount given.... Another plus would be to have the individual tacos wrapped in foil, like most places, since the flour tortillas were cold and stiff before you got through the first one. We were full after eating, but a little tweaking would do this place wonders!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wildwood Crest, NJ
“Good service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We dined here on the recommendation of the desk clerk at our hotel. We were seated promptly and served a plate of nachos and dip while we viewed the menu. The food was excellent and plentiful. Service was adequate considering how busy the restaurant was. My wife and I both ordered fajita dinners which were top notch. Will dine here again.

Visited October 2013
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
“Don't order a steak!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I checked into the hotel and this restaurant was very close by so I asked the hotel staff about it. They gave it rave reviews and I love Mexican food so I tried it. The outside of the restaurant is very neat and inviting. The inside was very clean and I loved the decor. I ordered Steak el Amigo because every Mexican restaurant that I have ever eaten at have had the most flavorful steaks. This restaurant did not follow suit. The shrimp was great but the steak was over cooked and tasted like charcoal. When the waiter came by to ask if I was finished I told him the steak was over cooked. He shook his head and brought me a to go box since the steak still covered the whole plate. I told him I didn't need a box and he brought me the bill which was $16 and some change. When I told the lady ringing me up about the steak she said ok it will be $16 and change. I then asked for a manager and he only charged me for my drink but then said well I asked your waiter if he checked on you and he said he did. I then politely said he checked on me but had nothing to say when I told him how bad the steak tasted. I never complain and I normally choke down food even if it isn't the best but I couldn't eat this steak!

Visited October 2013
Northern Virginia
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch . The menu had a lot of choices. We all enjoyed our meals as well as the free chips and salsa. Ordered dessert- fried ice cream - it was so delicious . I'd go back again if I was back in the area.

• Visited September 2013