“Love My Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Elizabeth City
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Love My Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

OMG!! My business trip was more like a vacation at the spa. First, Maude who checked me in was very warm and friendly. That leaves a very nice lasting impression. Next, I am pleased with the hot breakfast selection. You can't beat free and convenient. Ahhhhhh, the beds. I can't wait to sink into them each night. They are soooooo cushy. Most importantly, the walls block all noise so I can sleep soundly. Jeff, the manager was behind the desk the other morning when I grabbed a newspaper, (another plus) and took the time to ask me how my stay was. That is class. My only complaint are the cookies. How and I supposed to maintain a bikini figure when the hotel serves yummy cookies daily? Get the picture? The Fairfield Inn will always be my choice of hotels as I travel, and certainly when I return to Elizabeth City.

Room Tip: Any corner room, top floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for your gracious remarks concerning our property. We take great pride in giving our guests service that will make them want to return. We look forward to your returning to visit us at another time.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Montclair, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My only complaint would be having the cleaning people knocking on my door to see if we have checked out well before check-out time. They were knocking on our door at 9:00 a.m. and I told the person we would be leaving in 1 - 2 hours. Then I heard another knock around 10 a.m. I ended up putting a do not disturb thing in the lock, but I didn't think I should have to do that.

I very much appreciated the suite upgrade for no extra charge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I thank you for your review of our property and am glad that you enjoyed the uprgrade to a suite. We will work with our newer housekeepers on their approach to checking the rooms for those that they can clean.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

For the night, we stayed here. I herad it was really nice place to stya, so I thought, "Why not stay here," "It's the best place in town to stay." So I did. Check-in was average, but our room was ok looking. The pool was really nice but tiny. Hot tub was overheated. Breakfast was tasty I guess, but this place isn't like something quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our property. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Nice Property, Very Clean, front desk quite helpful, breakfast could have been better

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
MyFairfield, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We take great pride in the upkeep of our property, our cleanliness, and our excellent staff. We are constantly searching for better ways to provide a hot, nutrituous breakfast with a variety of favorite foods for everyone and have recently added requested items to the buffet, including blueberry waffles, bacon, and grits.. I hope these improvements will make your stay more pleasant the next time you visit us. Safe travels!
Norfolk, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My fiance' and I stayed overnight here for St. Patricks Day and were very happy with our room. The room was very clean and spacious. We had a Spa Suite which was very comfortable and roomy. The hotel is very close to different restaurants so we didn't try the breakfast. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your gracious remarks regarding our property. Our suites are very spacious and we are glad that you enjoyed it. Since we are th only hotel in Elizabeth City with suites we take pride in having them to offer our guests. We hope that you will join us again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is one of the nicer Fairfield Inns, with clean, comfortable and upgraded rooms. The room was fresh smelling and had a flat screen TV. Breakfast is standard Fairfield Inn fare. The breakfast area seemed larger than other like properties, thus, it never felt "crowded." The staff is attentive and kept the breakfast area well stocked, so no items ran out.

Check-in and check-out staff were professional and courteous. The only complaint was the soundproofing (or lack of) of the rooms. Apparently, there was a youth team that was staying at the property at the same time, and the kids appeared to have free range of the hotel. We could hear conversations and activities in the hall. This may not be an issue at other times.

There are not a lot of quality accommodations in the Elizabeth City area, and we would definitely stay here again. Price was a bit higher than average for the area, but still worth every penny.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MyFairfield, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. We are proud of our facility and staff and take feedback very seriously. We make every attempt to provide the perfect stay and sincerely apologize for the noise concerns that you experienced. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Safe travels!
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn for the first time on a recent business trip to Elizabeth City, NC. The hotel is relatively new, and is bright, spacious and clean. I had a suite, so had oodles of room in the living area/office and a separate bedroom. As this hotel is part of a new development corridor outside the traditional downtown areas of Elizabeth City, there's not a lot around for eating. There is a good fresh produce grocery store around the corner, though, and if you're pressed for time, the hotel has a "market" with $6 frozen entrees and $16 bottles of cheap chardonnay. All in all, a very nice business hotel with competent and friendly staff. I'll stay there again later this month on another trip, but I'll stop at the grocery on my way to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite; they're much larger and nicer
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MyFairfield, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Our suites are absolutely wonderful, aren't they? We appreciate your kind remarks about our hotel, especially regarding the property's cleanliness and the competency of our friendly staff. We're looking forward to the opening of a nearby Mexican restaurant that will deliver, in addition to the pizza restaurants and the Ruby Tuesday's around the corner. So glad you're staying with us again...we love returning guests! Safe travels!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City? Share your experiences!