“Wonderful food and amazing service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic, Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
elizabeth city
“Wonderful food and amazing service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I always check trip advisor reviews before eating out in a new city and I have to say that Montero's Restaurant has gotten the short end of the stick! I have tried other restaurants on the top five list in E-city and Montero's far surpasses these restaurants in all categories. We were fortunate enough to visit with a friend who is a regular which was a huge help with offering menu suggestions, however, I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu!!! To top things off, the owner Andy, whisked our two children away to a side room where he had an inflatable bounce house for them to use while we were waiting for our food. I understand the bounce house might not often be available, but even without this "extra" the staff was very accommodating to kids. The food was just as good as the service and we will definitely be returning to Montero's soon. I highly recommend this restaurant to all!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
North Carolina
“Great food and service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I love to eat at Montero's, particularly when we can slip away from the kids for a date night. Their food is top notch and the service is always very good. I particularly enjoy the French Quarter Shrimp and Chicken (spicy) and my husband likes their shrimp and grits. They have a very good wine menu and their desserts are to die for! We are locals, and whenever a visitor asks where to eat this is where we recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Stafford, VA
“only been there once but it was very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I've only been to this resturant once but the food and service were excellent.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“love oscar steak, karin's salad, too many to name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

love oscar steak, karin's salad, too many to name

North Carolina
“Places to eat in Elizabeth City”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

Excellent ambience, fine service from a cordial wait-staff, food was dreadfully overcooked and over half the meal was inedible. This was the case with not only my dinner, but also the dinners of my two guests. I will not be returning there.