“town gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“town gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my second trip to town and second visit to Montero's. I enjoyed both visits. I've now sampled various appetizers, entrees, desserts and have enjoyed them all. Like any other restaurant, there will be dishes you like more or less, but I would not hesitate to recommend anyone go here while in town. In particular, I'd like to mention the scallops I had this last visit. They were perfectly cooked; I hate when seafood is overdone, and they cooked these wonderfully. The service has been friendly both times. I don't anticipate being in Elizabeth City again anytime soon, but if so, I will go to Montero's!

• Visited September 2013

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great Service - Good Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Old restaurant with a very friendly staff. The Owner made it a point to visit our table. We had two young kids and 6 adults so we were seated in the banquet room. Not as nice as the restaurant area but ok.

Visited August 2013
Millville, New Jersey
“Quiet and civilized in a beautiful serene setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stopped here on the recommendation of the hotel staff at the Hampton Inn...they even provided us with a full menu. It was a perfect last dinner at the end of our trip to the Outer Banks! Quiet and low-keyed...the service was impressive. Our waiter inadvertently ordered the wrong appetizer for me and I didn't mention it...without saying anything and with no fuss, he simply ordered the correct one and brought it out to me, no charge, no fanfare. Classy!!
The selection of appetizers we had was wonderful as was the creamy beef chowder...I had never had anything like it before...delicious!
If we lived anywhere near Elizabeth City this would be our go-to restaurant for fine dining!

Visited September 2013
Charlottesville, VA
“superb all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great food, great service, very reasonable prices. The option of large and small portions was perfect for us. We would stop in Elizabeth City again just to eat at Montero's.

• Visited August 2013
Ashton, Maryland
“Great Food - Shrimp and Grits!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

First time at the restaurant and first time eating shrimp and grits. Worth the visit. I'd go back again.

• Visited July 2013