“Delish!” 4 of 5 stars

Calzones and Turkey Sandwich = A+

Very reasonably priced.

Visited December 2011

Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

This place has the best Italian food in town. The pizza isn't greasy and it's a very generous size. The place has plenty of room for a party and we always get our food hot and fast. Very clean restaurant also. It's better than Big Daddy's Rest. down the street because their pizza is very very greasy and prices are too high!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

Decades ago this place was good. Now expect cardboard crust pizza and water at the bottom of your salad. Also expect screaming children.

Cary, NC
“Great Italian - Who would have known?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2007

This is the second time I have visited Tony's Italian in Elizabeth City in the last 3 months and again it did not let me down. First time around was Thanksgiving 2006 I was down her for 3 days and visited Tony's on my last night, had the Chicken Marsala and oh what a treat. After munching on a little bread (it tasted like it was homemade) I jumped into my main course and it was delicious and more than I could eat. Ended up taking it home and warming it up after a 3 hour ride home. Still delicious as ever. The second time visiting Tony's was tonight (2-26-07) and this time decided to try their Philly steak sandwich all I can say is awesome - loaded with meat, onions and cheese however not greasy at all (Must be very lean steak because I have been to Pat's in Philly and it's not nearly as greasy). Keep in mind that they have a plain steak sandwich that is cheaper and similar to a steak-um sandwich (I was warned to stay away from this, don't know why they have this on their menu but this is not what I had). Either way, this is a friendly no frills Italian restaurant that is run very well and has dishes that approach $20 on the high end but appear to be worth every penny. My next time out to Tony's will be to try the Pizza which looked very good. On a rating of 1 - 10 I give it a 9.