“Run Down Hampton Inn” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Cary, United States
“Run Down Hampton Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Reserved a non-smoking room but was placed in a room with heavy cigarette odor. Had to request a different room. The new room had a water leak, a 3 foot area of carpet outside the bathroom door was sopping wet. No other room was available. I moved to another hotel for the remainder of my vacation. The staff was courteous and tried to resolve the problems, but the hotel is old and in disrepair.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Loganville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Always enjoy Hilton products and I believe the Elizabeth City Hampton Inn will certainly exceed your expectations. Helpful and friendly staff, up-to-date and well-kept furnishings and cleanliness! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hampton Inn, Elizabeth City, I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations with the product and service that we provide and make your stay memorable.

I am looking forward to showing you again what staying at a Hampton is all about.

Saint Pauls, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at the front desk after getting in late and was met with a very nice young lady. Enjoyed the breakfast as everything was hot and well stocked. Enjoyed the hotel, the only complaint I have is the place is getting a little dated. The bathrooms are a little small. But overall I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

California, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I showed up sweaty and disheveled from a long motorcycle ride to Elizabeth City. I was a bit concerned that might be off putting to whoever was staffing the front desk, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. The lady working was incredibly welcoming and made sure I had everything I needed, including a slightly early check-in. My room was notably clean and the bed comfortable enough that it was easy to doze off within minutes. In the morning, the breakfast area was well stocked and there were complimentary local Sunday papers. Each worker I encountered smiled and delivered excellent hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, July 17, 2013

St Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having stayed at two different hotels in Elizabeth City one being the Holiday Inn Express this hotel by far is the best in service-cleanliness-and best overall value in Elizabeth City. The staff are truly interested in the comfort and security of their customers and treat everyone like their family. I always stay at this hotel and frankly would recommend it to anyone travelling to this market

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times while visiting relatives. The Staff is top-notch and the facilities and location is excellent. Sabrina, the Guest Services Manager, is a true profession and Hannah, Melissa, Susan, Mort, Monique are all first rate at their jobs. I will continue to stay here on future trips because of the exceptional courteous, friendly and helpful customer service provided by these employees.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Atlantic Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The motel was as you would expect form a Hampton Inn very nice.The staffs manning the desk were VERY friendly and helpful. The room was clean and smelled great. The breakfast is great with a good selection weither you want a hot or cold breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

Guest Services Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Elizabeth City? Share your experiences!