“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went to Elizabeth City for a graduation ceremony, so I didn't stay long and looked for a good, modest-priced hotel. This Hampton Inn was an excellent choice. It looks to be newly remodeled with a gorgeous (and very clean) lobby/breakfast area. The breakfast was wonderful! The front desk staff were always cheerful and ready to help. My room was very clean and spacious. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hampton Inn, Elizabeth City, I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations with the product and service that we provide and make your stay memorable.

I am looking forward to showing you again what staying at a Hampton is all about.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had to go to Elizabeth City for business, and my coworkers and I stayed at the Hampton Inn. I really enjoyed my stay here. Walking in, the hotel has a pretty small lobby in front. However, the dining area gives you plenty of space to sit down and do your work or meet with coworkers or friends.

Reception was fast, friendly, and efficient, and I got a room with my preferences, which was nice. I was in a double queen and the room was really spacious, with a round table/chairs in addition to the work desk, tv/dresser, and refrigerator/micro console. I didn't notice the closet, but didn't need one on this trip, so didn't think to look. The bathroom was also spacious with plenty of counter space. Note that the coffee/tea set was in the bathroom, but this did not impact me. (I hate bathrooms with inadequate counter space) The bed was super comfortable, as were the pillows. Wi-fi was easily accessible, and there was a good channel selection.

They do offer a nice breakfast, although I just had fruit and a yogurt. I was pleased to see that they had breakfast bags with a muffin, fruit, bottled water for those of us on the go; and later in the day they had a snack bag with a snack, chips, bottled water, and cookies. This was really helpful for us since we were in and out.

Working in the lobby, we had access to delicious home cooked cookies, fruit, and coffee or hot chocolate. We were also offered bottles of water. There is also a small sundry shop, but I didn't take advantage of it. My coworker did get a toothbrush from the front desk. There is also a small meal in the afternoon, but I wasn't able to partake. Nice to know that I could have a bite to eat at the hotel, though.

I highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was across from the boiler room and near the elevators. Didn't hear any sounds all night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Guest Services Manager
Foley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

IT was most certainly the friendliest, cleanest, and the staff were exceptionally wonderful to us. OUr needs were taken care of promptly. All the employees were happy and smiling which says a lot for a business. We will be back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

Conway, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Ok hotel for the general area. I felt it was priced quite high for the age of the hotel and area. Check in staff was friendly, check out not so much we had to track down the person assigned to the counter in the breakfast area, they seemed rather surprised we wanted to check out, said we didn't have to, and when asked if they wanted the keys back, they said "yeah ok sure"... Not the type of service I would expect at a hotel priced in this class. I would certainly try and find a place elsewhere next time i visit the area, if there wasn't a better value, then I wouldn't rule out staying again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Outstanding staff, impeccible facility, friendly environment, and memorable food. Location very accessible. Staff provided superb recommendations regarding various activities and eateries. Thank you for ensuring our stay and vacation were fond memories. Would definitely stay again as this was one of the best Hampton Inns I have had the pleasure of visiting in many months.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, May 29, 2013

Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

After deciding late to go to the Northern outerbanks for the weekend had a hard time finding a decent hotel at a good price, so settled on the Hampton inn in Elizabeth City as a suitable alternative. It is about 35 miles to the outerbanks from Elizabeth city but was able to book a room at the last minute at a decent price. This property is pretty standard for the Hampton Inn line but what really set it apart for me was the excellent front desk staff. I arrived a little early so my room was not ready when I got there, but the front desk staff took my cell number and said they would call me when it ewas ready they also gave me some recommnedations on what I could do while waiting. Also whenb asked for eating recommnedations they gave several excellent choices and even had printed directions on how to get to where I picked to go.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Elizabeth City in a very comfortable room on Monday night, conducted an all-day training class in their conference room and was super impressed with the service at check-in, breakfast, conference room, accommodations and check-out. Every (and I mean EVERY) member of their staff was pleasant, helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here if I am in the Elizabeth City area again. Thanks to the Hampton Inn Elizabeth City Team for a wonderful (and all too rare) hotel stay!

• Stayed April 2013

Guest Service Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Elizabeth City? Share your experiences!