“The Mystery is Solved...Captain's Quarters Inn best B&B in Edenton!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Captain's Quarters Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edenton
Captain's Quarters Inn
202 West Queen Street, Edenton, NC 27932   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Edenton B&B and Inns
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“The Mystery is Solved...Captain's Quarters Inn best B&B in Edenton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our group of 10 just finished a spectacular Murder Mystery weekend at the Captain's Quarters Inn. All I can say is Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!! Food, Hospitality and Accomodations were over and above our expectations. Don, the proprietor, couldn't have been more attentive to our every need. After reading several Don bashing reviews I was not sure what we would encounter. But after our stay I can safely say that Don is one of the nicest people you would want to meet. As personable as Don is in the front of the house, his wife Diane excels in the kitchen. The food is five star and had us blown away with every meal! If you want to feel special for an entire weekend you should try the Captain's Quarters Inn for a Murder Mystery Weekend!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

This beautiful historical b&b is located within walking distance to the waterfront and main street. We stayed in Room 3, captain of her heart. I think it is the largest room with the largest bathroom including a jacuzzi. The room is pretty standard with a full size bed and an older tv that comes equipped with cable and wifi. We really enjoy the jacuzzi but have to say that is there calcium buildup in the jets but otherwise cleaned. The breakfast was delicious. All in all a good stay for a relaxing weekend.

Tip: restaurants and shops are closed in main street on Sunday. We only found two restaurants that were open on Sunday. One was called nothing fancy that was open for breakfast and lunch but closed at 3. Must try the meatloaf, salmon cake, and their brunswick stew. Chicken kitchen was the only place in town open till 8 for dinner. So be prepare to find limited dining available on Sunday.

• Stayed February 2012
morrisville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I too stayed at this inn and had a horrible experience with Don. I found him to be rude and uninviting. We found it easier to just eat out and not even bother with asking for any of the extras we purchased in our package. If you get the opportunity to go to Edenton, stay at the B&B next door to Captain's Quarters. It's beautiful, the food is great and the staff makes you feel at home!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Palmyra, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Take me to Edenton when the crepe myrtles bloom the color of flame.
Tell me about the Tea Party ladies and George the Third’s shame.
Let me walk by the water and feel the breeze.
When the frogs start to sing, let me wade in up to my knees.

Take me to Edenton when the scent of magnolias is in the air.
Let me stroll past lovely old homes with my wife so fair.
Show me an old garden and let me smell a rose.
But most of all, let me dine with the Pariseaus.

Room Tip: Once you taste the food, you won't remember your room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Clayton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

First, the accommodations were of turn of the century appearance with all of the best of modern amenities. Our room was spotless, warm and inviting and we were greeted with not only a smile but with offers to assist with our luggage (my Wife likes to pack for all occasions).

Second, I found Don and Diane to be some of the most gracious hosts I have ever found. In fact there entire staff (servers at breakfast and dinner and the housekeeping staff) took the time and walked the extra mile to ensure our stay was the best. I don't say this lightly, as while in the military and in the private sector, I have been to over 100 foreign countries, and stayed literally thousands of nights in various accommodations. The Captains Quarters Inn I would place in the top five (5) of all of my experiences.

Third, the food was, and still is, some of the best I have eaten. These are not your typical meals, they are prepared by expert Chefs and use only the highest quality ingredients.

Finally, I feel I must address Mr. Larry P and his comments. Sir, my wife is a vegetarian and very picky about her meals and how they are prepared. Don and Diane ensured that she received special meals and offered (and did) allow my wife into their kitchen to ensure that her requirements were met as far as quality and preparation. They did this with not only a smile and real concern, but offered this extension of hospitality to us.
Not only will I return, I will advise others to stay there as well.

Room Tip: Take full advantage of all they have to offer.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at The Captain's Quarters Inn many times over the past several years and more gracious hosts or better food is not to be found. This past weekend, I visited Edenton by myself this time, and the service and atmosphere were just as it always is: warm and friendly. The rooms are clean and beautifully decorated and if anything additional is needed, either Don or Diane are ready to accommodate you. For one who never eats breakfast, I readily enjoyed all of Diane's fabulously prepared meals; I don't know which one was better as they were all very tasty. I will definitely return as soon as I'm able to (hopefully with my husband the next time around).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Bethania, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

When I booked my stay Don was rude and had no desire to make our stay convenient. When we showed up for our stay, again, Don was rude and it seemed either our vacation time goes as he thinks it should or our stay would be misserable. Don is pushy and rude. My wife and I went to eat dinner and decided to go back and forfit our stay as it was obvious it was going to be misserable. Obviously no refund would happen. We went next door to the Granville Queen and the next two days were heavenly !!! Thank God for great southern hospitality !!!! Even though we lost two days stay in money, the change was well worth it. I will never go back to the Captains Quarters!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
dpariseau, Owner at Captain's Quarters Inn, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
You were out , Missed out on having fun.

As I recall you signed up through Living Social for a 2 night BBQ Pork Rib class.

When you checked in I was going over your itinerary times for the sauce tasting, BBQ class, and Dinner just like I did with the other 198 students.

Since I had 8 other people in the class I think that it’s good idea if every one knows ahead of time what’s going on. So I guess that’s being pushy, sorry about being organized.
The part that I thought odd is that you looked at each other like you didn’t know why you were here, and ask each other if you wanted to participate in the class that you signed up for. I did however say that many other people were turned down for the package that had been sold out. So I guess that that is the rude part.

It’s just funny to me that you would sign up for a package and not want to participate in any of the activities like meeting other people, and having fun. I later found out the real truth. You told Diane that you are Vegetarian. I guess I don’t understand why you would purchase a BBQ Pork rib class if you don't eat pork. Very Interesting.

Been to Captain's Quarters Inn? Share your experiences!