“Worth every penny!” 4 of 5 stars

252 482-0997
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Edenton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Newport News, Virginia
“Worth every penny!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We just had a brilliant dinner. We selected a table on the bar side, more upscale feel & less family & carpet. The vibe was very cool.I had pork & hubby had chicken. Both yummy! Get the brussel sprout casserole, it's too unbelievable for words!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hertford, North Carolina
“Great Menu Variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The menu at 309 is always full of fantastic choices. And the service is friendly and efficient. It is fabulous for lunch or dinner.

Visited December 2012
West Tennessee
“What A Wonderful Restaurant! 10 Stars!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

First off, thanks to the check-in counter at the Hampton Inn for making this one of her two suggestions. I'd drive MILES out of the way to eat here again and again and again.

What a wonderful restaurant...bistro! Very quaint, quiet and delicious!!! The dimly lit atmosphere makes this place great for just about anything: romance, business, gathering with friends, etc.

I sat at the bar and had not only the best meal i've had in a very long time but the wait staff was cordial and very good with their suggestions for each part of my meal.

Good selection of draft beers and the bar seemed stocked well for just about any mixed drink. A "happy new year" martini seemed to be popular with the couple sitting at one of the two tables in the window.

OK, my meal, if you couldn't tell already, was superb. I started off with the bacon-wrapped scallop medallions. I could have eaten three plates of these things. I think there were 6 or 8 on the plate. Very satisfying and tasty...could've seved for an entree or the appetizer they were on the menu.

Next was the crab cake dinner (there were two options for the crab cakes: 1 with 1 side or 2 with 2 sides). I gorged myself and went with the two and two selection. The crab cakes were good, but not great. I think they may could have been cooked a tad longer to get a little more crust on the outside, but I'm no chef so maybe it was just a taste thing. Speaking of taste, they tasted very good. I got the fresh green beans (good snap and taste) and the gruyere potatoes (cheesy!) and was happy with both selections.

I was enjoying my evening on the road, so I decided to continue with the third course: dessert! The choices on the night were chocolate pie, pecan pie and Bailey's cheese cake. My wife makes a great pecan pie and my dad's sister makes an excellent chocolate pie. I couldn't decide on either. The waitress that had been serving me all night suggested the cheese cake but I still couldn't decide...that is until the other waitress behind the bar also suggested the cheese cake. My oh My were they both right!! The Bailey's wasn't too strong, the chocolate was just right, very fluffy cheese cake and oh so decadent. The whipped cream on the side was wonderful and was just enough to get a spoonful of cheese cake and just enough whipped cream to go with each bite.

I wanted to eat here my second night of this leg of my trip, but the company I was working for took me out to eat in another town. Thankfully that was early enough to return here for dessert, where I again ordered the Bailey's cheesecake and a cup of coffee.

Thanks for a wonderful dining experience!!!

Visited January 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

This hip little restaurant exceeded my expectations while on business in Edenton. I didnt want the fast food option so I stopped here for lunch. The menu has a variety of selections. Staff are friendly and attentive. I will definitely be back,

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durants Neck, North Carolina
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Highly recommended. The food - no matter what you order - is perfectly prepared and presented. The chef is formerly from the Beach tree Inn in Bethel. Best thing about Edenton.

Visited August 2012