“Bugs!” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bugs!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Hampton Inn has been my hotel of choice for at least a decade. They have really comfy beds with white bedspreads, so you know when they are clean....or when they aren't. Last weekend was a holiday weekend. Traffic was hellish. A five hour trip became a ten hour trip. I was ready for a clean and comfy bed. Upon entering the room there was a bug on my bed. My daughter convinced me it wasn't a roach. Very thirsty, I went for ice so I could have an icy glass of water. Brought it back to the room, made my glass of water. Started to take a sip and see brownish stuff in the ice. It was bug eggs! OMG The clerk was ambivalent. He didn't even help is book another hotel. I had to pack up and drive another 30 minutes to another Hampton Inn in Danville, VA. I'm through with Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
beasay02, General Manager at Hampton Inn Eden, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. Upon further follow up, we had the ice machines maintenanced that day and upon cleaning the inside out, there were small amounts of debris from the filteration that did not come fully out of the machine. Also, I actually spoke with the desk clerk on the night of the incident and he informed me that you guys wanted to check out and left. I really do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and on top of our 100% guarantee, I would like to offer you a free night for your troubles so that we may have a second chance to prove to you and your party that this was an unfortunate situation and the Hampton brand is not represented in this manner. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I will be reaching out to you through other means of contact.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am relocating to the area and have been here for a week now while apartment shopping. The staff is welcoming and so friendly. When they found out it was my birthday, knowing I was here alone the got me a card and gift! The staff is great, the fitness center and pool are beautiful and you are within walking distance of several great restaurants. I highly recommend the Eden Hampton Inn for short as well as long term contractor / business needs.

• Stayed August 2012
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've stayed here before and it has improved since then. Very clean and well-organized.
Staff is wonderful, patient and helpful. Free wireless in room, and two internet-connected computers/printer next to the breakfast area.
Complementary breakfast is self-service and has a good variety of food and drink to select from.
Had a queen-sized bed with too many soft pillows to count! Enjoyed the LCD TV and wide selection of channels. Small outdoor pool.
Located in a mall-type area with plenty of restaurants and shopping.
All-in-all, a nice place to stay while in Eden.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the elevator and vending machines.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was my first Hampton Inn stay and can say that it was definitely a pleasant one. The rooms were updated and clean and the morning breakfast was plentiful and welcomed before a long day of driving.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stay here almost weekly, so I know the hotel and personnel quite well. The hotel has been under renovation for a least 3-4 months. It appears that that it is a little more than 50% complete. The old rooms were definitely tired and needed renovation. The last couple of weeks I have had a renovated room on the top, 3rd, floor. They are very nice. New furniture, lights, carpet, paint, bathroom (except for the tub/shower area) and best of all, new flat panel TV's. That floor is about 95% done. Rooms are complete, but still a little work in the hallways.
I was told that they are renovating the second floor one half at a time. Don't know how far they have gotten. Room renovation on the 1st floor has not yet started, but the lobby and breakfast area are torn up. The breakfast room has been moved to the much smaller conference room during the renovation and is very crowded if there are very many people trying to eat at once. Large number of breakfast foods to choose from.
Staff is very nice and accommodating. Location is excellent, off the main highway, numerous restaurants and WalMart in walking distance.
I highly recommend this hotel if 1) you get a renovated room, 2) you are only staying for the night. Otherwise, I recommend waiting until the renovations are complete.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a renovated room. Microwave and fridge are available in some rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Marlboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Nice hotel and good location. It's next to a few other hotels, with cheaper rates, but I knew the quality of the hotel and name brand and interior corridors makes a difference. The rate was high for the area, and compared to the other hotels. The rooms were clean and very nice, bathroom was spacious and very clean. Bed was comfortable. The hotel is going under renovations, and we had a room where they were renovating in the room right above us. Not too smart of the hotel to put people in the room or area of hotel that will be worked on that day. There were plenty of signs advising of the renovations, but we didnt expect it right above our heads. It started at 8a on the dot. We left the room for most of the day to visit family in the area, and came back about 330p and they were still making noise renovating till 5p. It was annoying, but the results of the renovation will hopefully be nice. Breakfast was ok, typical hotel food. Plenty of restaurants and stores in the area, you can walk to Wal-mart behind the hotel. I would recommend the hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure how long it takes to renovate a hotel, but make sure you ask for a room not being renovated...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay in Eden, N.C. My wife and I have stayed here at least twenty times. (The desk clerks call me by name when I walk in the door.) The management and staff is the best, The breakfast has been expanded and is very very good. (The local police force eats breakfast there.) The rooms are Hampton Inn size and are kept in the very best condition. If you have a problem they will do everything they can to solve it. In the summer the pool is open and is serviced several times a day. There is a small exercise room. There are a few moderate sized rooms on the first floor kept for meetings. An excellent above standard hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the King rooms for a refrigerator the price is only a few dollars more. (Unless you need th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Eden? Share your experiences!