“Wonderful intimate gem!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
“Wonderful intimate gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My wife and I have dined here many times with friends. We love the charming, casual atmosphere and family run feel of the restaurant. The owners thanks great pride in every detail. From the menu we like the garlic bread and meatball appetizers. For entrees my favorite is the eggplant parmesan. Our friends enjoy the chicken dishes. Definitely save room for a creme puff!! The wine list is good and reasonable.

King, North Carolina
“Me and my friends first time at Kitchen Roselli”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I went to this restaurant with a friend of mine last week for the first time.We had reservations but if you don't have reservations,don't waste your trip to go there or you won't get in.Service was fair only they didn't come back to offer more drinks later after we orderd and the prices are way ''Too Expensive''for what little food you get and you have to pay for the garlic bread which to me should be given with your meal of certain things you order with.The food was ok but not great.Plus the restaurant had a bad moldy or musty kind of smell to it I guess where the building is very old.That's not good for a restaurant! I would not recommend going to this restaurant!My friend and I will not be going back period!There are better and cheaper restaurants to go to that's better than this one!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Germanton, North Carolina
“A interesting experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

A few nights ago a friend and myself decided go and see what the fuss was about. We are still trying to fiqure it out. The building is a nice bit of "east bend" history, but the food is over priced. I got baked ziti and water , it was ON Special for 16.50. Garlic bread does not come with your meal, it is considered a appetizer and is an additional 6.00. You do get a choice of salad or antipasta and it comes with a small piece of bread. Very small. If you can do without the atmosphere go to " olive garden" . You will get endless salad and bread. Oh yea, the ziti ? Nothing special. Don't think I will be returning. Also , the prices are 1.00 to 2.00 higher in the restaurant than the menue online.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice new experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Friends asked us to go. They had been several times, we had never been. Great local location. Service was good. Food was wonderful, a little expensive but worth it. The anti pasta was extraordinary good, spinach was best ever had. Entrees better than good. Already planned our next visit.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“not at all impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were visiting the area several weeks ago and decided on dinner here, based on reviews and recommendations. The restaurant is located in a rather charming old hardware store. However, decor is all over the place and there is an unexplainable smell about the building...musty, mildewy, just old smell. It was not pleasant. All the seating is in one wide open space so don't expect any level of privacy or intimacy dining here. Noise level is hardly tolerable. Not the place for a romantic, relaxing dinner. We were seated promptly and the server seemed knowledgeable and was efficient. I was sincerely hoping that the food would compensate for the atmosphere. Sadly, it did not. My salad was not particularly fresh. tomatoes past their prime and lettuce slightly wilted. I ordered the house dressing which is a secret family recipe. It was not at all what I expected for an Italian restaurant's house dressing. It seemed to be a strange combination of sugar and mayonnaise. My husband had the balsamic and it was much better. Needless to say I did not eat my salad. The entrees came out promptly and my lasagna was just passable. Mostly cheese with very little sauce. I felt the sauce was a little bland as well. I've had better food for half the price at little pizza joints and Olive garden type establishments, and those places aren't stingy with the bread either...we received one small piece each with our meal here. There is no way to justify these prices for sub-par food. My only guess is that people are buying because there aren't many options to choose from in the tiny town where they are located. We try to visit this area at least once a year and on previous trips we had dined in nearby Winston Salem and Elkin. Both towns have some really great restaurants that feature many local red wines(another thing that was lacking here) so i would definitely recommend traveling the short distance to one of these nearby towns for a better dining experience in this area.

• Visited November 2013