“Nice new experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Nice new experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Friends asked us to go. They had been several times, we had never been. Great local location. Service was good. Food was wonderful, a little expensive but worth it. The anti pasta was extraordinary good, spinach was best ever had. Entrees better than good. Already planned our next visit.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“not at all impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were visiting the area several weeks ago and decided on dinner here, based on reviews and recommendations. The restaurant is located in a rather charming old hardware store. However, decor is all over the place and there is an unexplainable smell about the building...musty, mildewy, just old smell. It was not pleasant. All the seating is in one wide open space so don't expect any level of privacy or intimacy dining here. Noise level is hardly tolerable. Not the place for a romantic, relaxing dinner. We were seated promptly and the server seemed knowledgeable and was efficient. I was sincerely hoping that the food would compensate for the atmosphere. Sadly, it did not. My salad was not particularly fresh. tomatoes past their prime and lettuce slightly wilted. I ordered the house dressing which is a secret family recipe. It was not at all what I expected for an Italian restaurant's house dressing. It seemed to be a strange combination of sugar and mayonnaise. My husband had the balsamic and it was much better. Needless to say I did not eat my salad. The entrees came out promptly and my lasagna was just passable. Mostly cheese with very little sauce. I felt the sauce was a little bland as well. I've had better food for half the price at little pizza joints and Olive garden type establishments, and those places aren't stingy with the bread either...we received one small piece each with our meal here. There is no way to justify these prices for sub-par food. My only guess is that people are buying because there aren't many options to choose from in the tiny town where they are located. We try to visit this area at least once a year and on previous trips we had dined in nearby Winston Salem and Elkin. Both towns have some really great restaurants that feature many local red wines(another thing that was lacking here) so i would definitely recommend traveling the short distance to one of these nearby towns for a better dining experience in this area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rural Hall
“Want some expensive pasta?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is kind of like a country store, service ok, but the food is very expensive for basically pasta and sauce. With these prices, no wonder they only need to be open a few days a week..

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
new york
“Prices are VERY high!!! Very small portions!!! No seasonings!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were VERY disappointed with this place. It is located in a cute old General Store. However, I would prefer that the Davis Bros. General Store reopen here using their famous name instead of this crap hole. First of all, we had to wait a very long time to get seated even though there were plenty of open tables. The prices are WAY, WAY too high!!! The kitchen must use NO salt and Pepper or Itailian Seasonings. because the food is VERY bland. I think that the Mount Olympus Restaurant right down the road has much better food than this joint. This place is also VERY small with the portions!!! They feed adults with less food than should be on a child`s plate!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“Not #1 in My Opinion”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I visited Roselli on August 30, 2013. The food was acceptable but not what I would call authentic, superior, Italian fare. The table we were given was so tilted that several times my husband had to catch the plate as it was sliding onto his lap. The portions were small and they were CHEAP with the bread. When they finally brought out the bread with dinner, the basket contained 1 piece per person. No one offered more bread so we had to ask for more and had to ask for more water. The one redeeming quality was the server was very nice and give us all kinds of visitor information.

• Visited August 2013